Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to Root/Install ROMs on the TF300. Jelly Bean KitKat and Lollipop ROMs

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    244 times
    Hey I'm still here, but I can't help much (certainly not with flashing), but I purge the spammers daily. That's an sctivity that doesn't seem to fade, unfortunately.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Wow! Good to see I'm not alone! Encountered anybody else lately? I'm feeling like walking through a Ghost town here

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the help! Could certainly be user error. I will post 4 pics taken at various stage in twrp. The first shows a prompt for a pw which I simply hit the cancel button as I donít have a pw set. After searching the web for failed nandroids, I did come across one suggestion to set a pw and then use that at the twrp prompt. I was going to try that and went into settings where you can elect to encrypt the tablet but it said it would take 90 minutes and that if I wanted to undo it, I would have to wipe the data partition. I decided to wait on that.
    I looked into the option of flashing a stock rom as a possible recovery in the event I wanted to go back, but when I went tothe ASUS webpage for the tf300t, it appears that all the documentation and stock f/w files have been removed, although there was a note to contact ASUS support. If you know of an alternate archive that would be great, but I guess I would be considering myself reckless, if I were to proceed without a current bu or source for stock f/w.
    With respected to choosing katkiss 5.1, I read in one thread (maybe this one) that someone thought marshmellow ran slow. I was assuming going with a later one woul be even slower (more features running with fixed h/w). Hopefully I will eventually be able to find out for myself ?.

Note, the photos below uploaded in reverse chronological order.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, interestingly enough, I went back to twrp-3.2.3-0-tf300t.blob after not being able to create a nandroid in neither 2.5.0.0 nor 2.6.3.0 (I didn't attempt a bu the first time I loaded 3.2.3 due to suggestions that earlier versions should be used with JB). Since I had little to lose, after booting into that latest twrp, I pressed the Back-up button, and all the partitions were read with non-zero sizes (0MB reported in the older twrps). I continued with the bu to a microSD and it appears to have worked based on the status provided in twrp and 3.39GB worth of files on the microSD.
    At this point I have to assume it is a valid recovery and that twrp 3.2.3 will also restore it if required.
    I also guess that there is no way to verify those assumptions without trying it, but I might as well try other roms first (which was the original goal), and hopefully will never want to go back to JB!

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links