Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to Root/Install ROMs on the TF300. Jelly Bean KitKat and Lollipop ROMs

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1223 times
    Hi. Are you using up most of your storage space? My TF300 slowed down when I had less than approx. 6 GB of space left on the 32 GB internal storage. What apps are you running that run in the background? Do your apps update automatically ? Set the play store to manually update. See if the Greenify app can hibernate apps that auto-start when you boot up. I'm sure you'll get some good advice from other members of the forum.
    Last edited by Swipe; 10-01-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Well, yes, Swipe's advice is pretty good, except that with KatKiss you won't find a bunch of apps starting up and running in the background for no apparent reason. Unless, of course, you put them there. The dev (timduru) is very aware that this will slow the machine down. As well as turning off auto update in Play Store, turn off sync in your browser. Use a lightweight, fast browser, not one of the big monster brand-names like Chrome or Firefox; Maybe Dolphin or Boat?

Where does this performance lag occur, anyway? while browsing the web, playing a game, editing videos (probably not recommended on any Droid)? Wi-fi connections can be critical for any mobile computer. Well, OK, for any computer, depending on what you're doing and how. Any time you use Web apps, for instance, you'd better have a good fast internet connection.

A second-best ROM for the TF300? probably an older version of Kat Kiss. But as usual, my advice is to cruise over to XDA's TF300 section, look in the ROMs subsection, download and try out any that sound promising. I recommend a full format of /data before flashing any new ROM; after that, follow the installation instructions for that particular ROM, it's usually on the first or second page. Or thereabouts. Usually it's flash ROM, flash GApps, flash SuperSU, wipe cache & Dalvik, reboot and wait 5-15 minutes for a good stable first boot. If you don't like the new ROM, simply flash the Nandroid backup you made before you changed, keeping in mind that you might need to change the filesystem on /data again.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Replying to this dated thread again, hopefully people are still around to help...

So I have rooted my TF300T, installed katkiss ROM,

I'm now trying to pair my sony dualshock3 ps3 controller to the TF300T

I am using this app from the google play store, dualshock3 compatability checker,

But when I run it, it throws out an error, ""Could not start driver. Check that your device is rooted"

So either this app is not compatible with my TF300T and katkiss... Or my device is not rooted?

When I boot the TF300T, i get a "this device is unlocked" message on the top right, and I've loaded the custom TWRP and flashed latest katkiss at some point, so I'm assuming my device IS unlocked, right?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    483 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GT42R View Post
    Replying to this dated thread again, hopefully people are still around to help...

So I have rooted my TF300T, installed katkiss ROM,

I'm now trying to pair my sony dualshock3 ps3 controller to the TF300T

I am using this app from the google play store, dualshock3 compatability checker,

But when I run it, it throws out an error, ""Could not start driver. Check that your device is rooted"

So either this app is not compatible with my TF300T and katkiss... Or my device is not rooted?

When I boot the TF300T, i get a "this device is unlocked" message on the top right, and I've loaded the custom TWRP and flashed latest katkiss at some point, so I'm assuming my device IS unlocked, right?
    Do you have Super SU installed in your devices? That is the app that grants root permissions to other apps.

Check the katkIss XDA page. They should have some instructions for how to enable root. Either by flashing a package or enabling a settings options.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for much for fast reply... Looking at my system closer, I suppose I did not flash SuperSU when I unlocked the device, installed TWRP recovery, and flashed KatKiss.

I just loaded into TWRP, and flashed SuperSU to the tablet...

Let's see whats next...

EDIT:

SuperSU flash worked great, got me root access and PS3 controller paired perfect!

On another note... I seem to be experiencing some very poor WIFI performance... I've noticed my TF300T/Katkiss doing this before on many different wireless networks... the Wifi status will keep changing from "Connected" to "Waiting for network" or "No internet access" but it fluctuates in and out very quickly, so it doesn't require me to cycle or refresh the Wifi settings, it's stabilizes itself, but very annoying WIFI signal issue here...

Anyone else experience this before? Wondering if this is TF300T related, or Katkiss issue...
    Last edited by GT42R; 02-03-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    I have a shadow of that problem on my 300, not enough to be worried about. My first suggestion would be to reboot your router & modem, it's amazing how often that fixes this sort of thing, for no apparent reason. Next would be to install the K.A.T. app, from the same dev (@timduru) over at XDA. No flashing required, just make sure "unknown sources" is enabled (should be by default in KatKiss) and install the app. Let us know how you get on!
    Gtanner00 likes this.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Is anyone still looking at this thread? I need a little help please