Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to Root/Install ROMs on the TF300. Jelly Bean KitKat and Lollipop ROMs

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    I play 1080p all the time using MX player app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    MX is the best player in my opinion. The "external" codecs made wonders for my Galaxy Nexus. And made it possible to play videos with (officially) unsupported audio codes.

- Sent from the Future, using my Flying Delorean
    - Enviado do Futuro, usando meu Delorean voador

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Z87M-Plus | i7 4770k + H100i | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB @1600
    AMD HD 7970 OC 3GB Corsair 650W | HAF 922 | AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable
    Galaxy Note II | Transformer Pad 300 32GB+Dock+32GB SDHC C10

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mizifih View Post
    I remember clear ROM, it was very responsive. But it was discontinued. I'll look if someone did something about it and continued it's development.
    You probably mean CleanROM?
    CROMi-X is CleanROMinheritance-Xenogenesis
    sbdags inherited the CleanROM project from scrosler and continued it through several incarnations
    If you liked CleanROM, you'll like CROMi-X.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    You probably mean CleanROM? (...)
    Yeah, that's what I meant, LOL. Can't even remember the names right

I need to get back in the game. Pronto!

Good to know someone kept it. I'm on my vacation right now, but I'll definetly take a look at it as soon as I get back.

- Sent from the Future, using my Flying Delorean
    - Enviado do Futuro, usando meu Delorean voador

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Z87M-Plus | i7 4770k + H100i | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB @1600
    AMD HD 7970 OC 3GB Corsair 650W | HAF 922 | AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable
    Galaxy Note II | Transformer Pad 300 32GB+Dock+32GB SDHC C10

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    94 times
    Thanks I did it last night , very easy .

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
    Gtanner00 likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Thank you for this. I tried it out and my only delay was the big download size of the rom. Installing cromi now.. although I had no idea on kernels so I just picked the first one.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silkenhut View Post
    Thank you for this. I tried it out and my only delay was the big download size of the rom. Installing cromi now.. although I had no idea on kernels so I just picked the first one.
    I'm not sure what the first one is bit I assume that it is the stock kernel. You can check by going to settings/about tablet an look under kernel version. If you ever want to switch you can wither run the installer again it flash the customization zip (also in the cromi thread)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    silkenhut likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Maybe someone can help me out. This is the first walkthrough that is was really able to understand. My issue is that I get this message "fastboot.exe has stopped working". I get it after I type this, "fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp.blob", in the command prompt and press enter. I'm using Minimal ADB Fastboot Tool 1.1.3 and following the instructions to the "T".

Please help.
    Thanks

SOLVED: I just disconnected the cord and restarted the tablet. I flashed Cromi-x. Looks good but the ACU weather app not updating.
    Last edited by haml; 04-27-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Halleluiah! Finally got my TF300 with TWRP! Thought I'd share some of my trials & tribulations, mostly to get it off my chest, but maybe somebody might be saved a little pain by avoiding my mistakes.

The first mistake was jumping the gun and rooting the tab. Apparently this is a sure-fire way to disable Asus' unlocker tool. And for that matter almost any change in firmware [U]or software[U] does. I spent two weeks reading everything I could find on the subject and trying this-and-that, including Asus support (still waiting on them). Took three or four tries to reflash the stock firmware (renaming it did the trick), still didn't work. Finally a factory reset fixed it, of course after re-establishing my Google account.

So now I'm unlocked, home free, right? Not so fast, buster! It's a good thing I've been playing around with desktop PCs for years, I have quite a collection of them laying around. None of the newer, more powerful PCs will get into bed with Android; not running Windows, not running Linux, not with my TF300, not with my bargain-basement Coby. I believe it's because the Android SDK simply isn't compatible with the newer chipsets (mine are all Intel). But a couple of my 5-year-old builds worked fine.

A lot of the contributors in this thread and forum as well as others have had terrible problems with Windows Android drivers. As a Linux user I had exactly none. Should you wish to share in this sort of joy, here is a Linux "live cd" I put together with the Android SDK installed:
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download/fbeok2pod4x75j8/lupu528AndSDK-JAVA.iso.zip"]
    This is Lucid Puppy Linux 528, with Android SDK and Java which is necessary for SDK to run. Don't ask me why Google decided to write their SDK in a rival's proprietary language! I originally set this up with only ADB in mind, so if you need Fastboot (you do if you're in this thread) you need to add a symlink for it. Don't be scared, little one, it's a piece of cake, more in just a bit.

Download the iso, use whatever software to burn to CD. If possible, burn it as multisession, if not don't sweat it. Multisession gives you the option to save any changes you make back to the same CD on shutdown. Just leave the CD in the burner drive if you want and reboot the PC, if your BIOS is set right it will boot to the CD instead of your HD. Puppy is quite good and very user-friendly these days; it will boot straight to a desktop and usually configure a wired Internet connection for you. Set whatever you want in the opening dialog (don't forget numlock if you use your numeric pad like I do). Click the "Home" icon ONCE (you're running Linux now like the big boys, single-click to open), and the "up" button until you see the Android SDK folder. Click that once, then the Platform Tools folder; you should see gear icons "adb" and "fastboot". Grab the upper bar of the window and move it a bit to the side. Click "Home" again, and the up button again, click the "usr" folder then the "bin" folder. Grab the "fastboot" gear icon and drag-and-drop to the "bin" folder, in a blank space, not on top of another icon. In the dialog box that pops up, click "link-absolute". You have just created a symlink to the fastboot binary from a spot that a terminal emulator will be looking for it. If your CD is multisession this is one change that you will be able to save back to it.

On the bottom left of the desktop will be several icons with labels like sda1, sda2, sdb1, etc. This is how Linux labels hard drive partitions. Hover over each one until you find your Windows partition (it will pop up a description; you will be looking for probably an NTFS partition with 60+ gigs size, depending on your PC). Click on it to mount it. Navigate to the place you stored your TWRP.blob, and leave that window open so you can see the full path to where it is.

Start your tablet in fastboot mode (where you see the three icons, see beginning of thread), and plug into the PC. Click the "Terminal" icon (top row). Type:

fastboot devices

and hit Enter. If your luck runs with mine, it will return your tablet's serial number. If not, fix it. Then type:

fastboot -i 0x05b0 flash recovery /mnt/sda3orwhatever/restoffullpath/TWRP.blob

and Enter again. Then, just as described for Windows, fastboot reboot <enter> after it's finished. Using Fastboot or ADB in Linux is virtually identical to Windows, but the pathnames are quite different. In the above example, I am assuming that your Windows C\: drive is the third partition of the first hard drive, or sda3, that you had previously mounted on /mnt/. When I did mine, I had twrp.blob on a thumb drive, so my command was:

fastboot -i 0x05b0 flash recovery /mnt/sde1/twrp.blob

Does anyone know what the 0x05b0 means? Anyway it works!

GT, all others who contributed, many thanks! Hope someone can get a bit of use from all this typing.

--Kevin

Edit: I didn't make clear just how I renamed the firmware .zip. I renamed it EP201_786_SDUPDATE.zip per Tylorw1's guide:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...bly-tf201.html
    Last edited by Kevinthefixer; 05-04-2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Add info + credit
    droidbound likes this.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Good write up! Thanks for posting it.
    Although I doubt that your method is really easier for the average Windows user than getting the fastboot and adb drivers to work. LOL
    But always good to have an alternative and even better to lure some Windows users into the Linux world
    -i 0x0B05 is the Asus vendor ID and unnecessary to add to fastboot commands in most cases, it seems. I have never read a post where a fastboot command failed because of the missing vendor ID whereas I have read numerous posts where people performed quite radical fastboot surgery on their systems without it.... I have flashed recoveries with and without it with no problems at all.
    But it certainly doesn't hurt to use it
    Last edited by droidbound; 04-26-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Great, maybe I can sleep tonight now that I know it's just a vendor ID. You're probably right about it being a bit much for the average Windows user, but I doubt it'll lure anyone into Linux, the knee-jerk reaction is just too strong--"Oh, no, I might LEARN something!" The link to that .iso has been posted on another forum for a couple months now, and as of yesterday has been downloaded twice. I don't regret it at all, I use that live CD for my own stuff and it didn't cost anything to post the .iso, but it does make me wonder why I bothered. Sounds like I'm bitter, and that's not the case, sorry! I'm just happy I finally got this tab where I want it, and maybe I can help someone else, maybe just a little?

--Kevin

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links