Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to Root/Install ROMs on the TF300. Jelly Bean KitKat and Lollipop ROMs

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by anykey View Post
    Unlocking the bootloader
    "This can be a 5 Minute operation that goes without a hitch or a very frustrating experience with lots of error messages. There is no definite rhyme or reason for this. For some people it works like a charm, for others it works after 15, 25 or 35 attempts, for some never...."

Oh dear, I have failed at the first hurdle. Despite re-trying 35+ times I have yet to unlock the device. Grrhh.
    Anykey. If you read a few posts above yours you will notice that you are hardly alone. It seems that at least 3 recent users who tried this guide got stumped in the unlock process all on the same day. It could be an intermittent issue with the Asus servers.

Also if you haven't done so I urge you to try some other solutions such as changing the google "less secure apps" setting if you haven't already and also trying the v7 unlock app.

If you read a few posts up, a user had success after trying dozens of times by factory resetting their device, not logging in their Google account in the setup screen then running the app with no accounts added.

You may not want to wipe your device right away but it is recommended. Like I said before some users give up only to have it work days, weeks or months later.

Good luck.

It's starting to become real strange that many users are having so much difficulty using the unlock app.
    Ellie92 likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    16 times
    Thanks for your encouragement
    Gtanner00 and Ellie92 like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    16 times
    I don't mind wiping my TF300. So done it 3 times as recommended.
    All new settings have been ignored [except USB debugging" is checked in Settings > Developer Options; and Settings > Security check "Unknown Sources".]
    Allowed Internet to connect.
    Didn't allow Google account to set up. Which then asked me: do I still want to unlock. Yes.

Now fails with different error message: Failed to unlock device, try again later.

I shall try again tomorrow, its bed time now. If I still get no co-operation I shall also try the TF700 v7 unlock device app.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by anykey View Post
    I don't mind wiping my TF300. So done it 3 times as recommended.
    All new settings have been ignored [except USB debugging" is checked in Settings > Developer Options; and Settings > Security check "Unknown Sources".]
    Allowed Internet to connect.
    Didn't allow Google account to set up. Which then asked me: do I still want to unlock. Yes.

Now fails with different error message: Failed to unlock device, try again later.

I shall try again tomorrow, its bed time now. If I still get no co-operation I shall also try the TF700 v7 unlock device app.
    By v7 I meant the tf300 one intended for jellybean 4.1.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie92 View Post
    I will keep pushing that silly button anytime I can think of it
    Ha, that made me laugh.

and now got the UnLock_Device_App_V7
    [※This tool now only works with TF300T ICS & JB of TW,US,WW CN SKU. It won’t work on other devices.] We'll see.

oh and can I have both v8 and v7 installed or do I have to uninstall v8 when I try v7 ?
    Last edited by anykey; 05-29-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    Ellie92 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Since I had quite a bit of help from some of the guys here, just wanted to update you on my ASUS situation.
    PS. I'm certain I would have given up a long time ago without your input

I got my TF300T unlocked - not logging into google did the trick for me.

Flashing a new ROM I had a few issues ... due to a momentary lapse of reason I clicked WIPE and CONFIRMED in the boot loader screen, against clear advice from OP to NEVER EVER do so at the beginning of the guide. It was late ... I was tired ... and instead of doing it in TWRP, I did my WIPE in screen before ... I realised my mistake as I clicked confirm ... I thought my ASUS was done for but interestingly enough no harm seems to have come ... all non system files, including TWRP Restore file remained.

I went on to install this ROM:
    Katkiss 5.1 [ROM][LP 5.1.1_r1]

Got a message during install about MD5 not found but install went ahead anyway. Also installed relevant GAPPS ROM etc. The KitKat ROM either didn't install properly or not to my liking ... home button didn't work, and I had no way of logging into a google account.

I didn't panic ... uninstalled and installed the 'proven' so called legacy:
    CROMBi -kk ROM ROM★★★TF300 KitKat 4.4.4
    Once again I got the no MD5 found message but install went ahead. Good UI and more detailed / customisable. No separate GAPPS required etc. Installed perfectly and so far no issues. Interface very similar to the original google etc. which suits me quite well.

ASUS seems to respond MUCH better then when new (it was never any good really ... which is not what reviews suggested at time of purchase?)
    Once again thanks for the help and hope my comments can help or at east encourage others.
    Ellie92 likes this.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Recommend you try KatKiss again. You don't need to abandon your CROMi-KK install; once you shoot a Nandroid you can easily come right back to it. But once you get KatKiss running right (with /data formatted to f2fs) it will run circles around any KitKat ROM. Lollipop just does a better job of working with the cheap memory chips in the 300 (and 700). Zombi-Pop is also out for the 300, and while I haven't tried that, it rocks my 700 very well.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    5 times
    Like jakubc7 above thought I would update. Our experiences are very similar.

Bear in mind I'm an Android noob, but
    I found Katkiss Lollypop too basic and not much functionality. Was missing things like File Directory and didn't know how to install things like that. Kattkiss KitKat was better but I had issues like wouldn't recognise mSD card.

I'm now using Cromi JB with ADW launcher and it's amazing. A tweaker's delight. Created Nandroid BackUps too and copied to PC.

I know it's not the correct thread, but as everybody here has been so helpful, could I ask a couple of questions and be pointed in the right direction please. I'm well into this now and would like to progress further.
    I would like to try Linux. How would I dual boot with Ubuntu and Android JB?

How to learn coding/programming. Where to start? It's it possible to self learn via the web?

Lastly I've been thinking of buying a Chromebit dongle for the TV. Is it possible to use this with the TF300T and it's keyboard via Bluetooth?

Thanks for your patience!

Dumfy

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    If you're happy with CROMi-X then by all means enjoy it. There are many file managers available, personally I am a fan of ES File Explorer, it's free, simply install it from the Play Store. That is one thing I like about KatKiss, you only install the things you want/need.

I suggest you try Linux on a desktop first. You might try the Puppy Linux I link in my signature; it's a live-CD so you do not have to install it, simply boot your PC to the CD. Ubuntu, Debian and many more have similar live-CDs free for the downloading. Linux on tablets is still very limited and highly experimental. Among other things, Android and Linux share a common set of command-line instructions contained in a utility called Busybox. It's very much like DOS in Windows. Here is a tutorial:
    LinuxCommand.org: Learning the shell.

Sorry I can't help you with the Chromebit dongle.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    16 times
    After trying for a few days I am now unlocked. Hooray.
    PC Device manager shows I have drivers installed. [ASUS Android Bootloader Interface] Hooray.

However with TF300, when doing the "cold boot thing" to start the device fastboot , I select the first icon, the flashing RCK, it starts to show the installing image but it returns error message. Saying Error!

btw the heading in small print says: Key driver not found...booting os, but I understand that is normal.

any ideas please...
    Last edited by anykey; 05-31-2015 at 08:55 AM.

Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links