Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to Root/Install ROMs on the TF300. Jelly Bean KitKat and Lollipop ROMs

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by firemcd View Post
    This worked AMAZINGLY well. I had to restart twice to succeed at the step where you run twrp.blop , but other than that it worked flawlessly! MY BRICK is now a awesome blazing fast transformer tablet. Is there some way I could donate to you? You deserve more than just my thanks! BTW, Thanks so VERY Much!
    I don't deserve any donations as most of the information is pieced together from other sources. As a student I enjoy developing my communication skills and helping people out.

A very popular way to help out is to donate to sbdags (developer of cromi-x) on his XDA page. That way everyone benefits from the ROM updates and he has the extra funds to pay for download servers and new devices.

By the way we should see a new Cromi KitKat ROM in the next week or so. It is undergoing internal testing right now and is supposed to be extremely fast.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Swipe and rspierenburg like this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Understood! I just sent a donation to sdbags via paypal!
    But again, THANK YOU BOTH!
    You saved me from listing my Transformer on EBAY for a big loss.
    Just out of curiosity, For my TF300T, should I even consider the Kit Kat based ROM for my unit, or would I be better off staying with my current JB based CROMi-X?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by firemcd View Post
    Understood! I just sent a donation to sdbags via paypal!
    But again, THANK YOU BOTH!
    You saved me from listing my Transformer on EBAY for a big loss.
    Just out of curiosity, For my TF300T, should I even consider the Kit Kat based ROM for my unit, or would I be better off staying with my current JB based CROMi-X?
    Its really your choice on whether to switch to KitKat or not. Just try it out if you want to. There will also be a cromi-x style ROM built off Cm11 coming out soon.

It has been a while since I was running cm11 in my tf300. At that time it had a few bugs and performance issues. Now I hear that the latest M4 snapshot build is very good. I also would recommend Scanno's omnirom home builds as they are very nice.

There is also a new TWRP 2.7.01 recovery built by scanno that is supposed to be compatible with kit Kat and jellybean Roms (I haven't tried yet so I can't confirm)

I personally just haven't had time to flash Roms every 2 days like I used to. I decided to stay with cromi and at present I am an update behind. I may switch back to kit Kat soon though.

*I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, I just got a TF300T, it's an upgrade from my TF101. I know my way around rooting and custom recoveries and roms. It's is currently on KissKat 4.4.2 #18 and running awesome.

Anyway, I am having a bit of an issue with Fastboot. After running the apk from Asus.com to unlock and have turned on USB Debugging. I am unable to get the tablet to talk to the my 32-bit windows 7 computer. In device manager under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" I have the Unknown Device. I have tried everything I can think of to get drivers. I installed the asus suite and the naked drivers. Well downloaded them and when I try to update Widows says that the best driver is already installed. So I believe that with that I can't get fastboot to work. Any help would be awesome!!!!

A little info that I think might be needed about my TF300T:
    Android 4.2.1
    Build Number: JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.27.5-20130902

When in the fastboot mode I do only have the three options RCK/Android/wipe. But after closer inspection I noticed the first words displayed when in that mode were "key driver not found.. Booting OS" I don't know if this should be or not. But I would think not finding something sounds important.

One last thing. I don't know if the pin out is different with the TF101 cable to the TF300T cable. I am at work and only have the cable that came with the TF101. I did notice that in the OP it said "• Boot the tablet into fastboot mode and connect it to your computer via the original USB cable."

Could that be the issue?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Amesbury View Post
    Hello, I just got a TF300T, it's an upgrade from my TF101. I know my way around rooting and custom recoveries and roms. It's is currently on KissKat 4.4.2 #18 and running awesome.

Anyway, I am having a bit of an issue with Fastboot. After running the apk from Asus.com to unlock and have turned on USB Debugging. I am unable to get the tablet to talk to the my 32-bit windows 7 computer. In device manager under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" I have the Unknown Device. I have tried everything I can think of to get drivers. I installed the asus suite and the naked drivers. Well downloaded them and when I try to update Widows says that the best driver is already installed. So I believe that with that I can't get fastboot to work. Any help would be awesome!!!!

A little info that I think might be needed about my TF300T:
    Android 4.2.1
    Build Number: JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.27.5-20130902

When in the fastboot mode I do only have the three options RCK/Android/wipe. But after closer inspection I noticed the first words displayed when in that mode were "key driver not found.. Booting OS" I don't know if this should be or not. But I would think not finding something sounds important.

One last thing. I don't know if the pin out is different with the TF101 cable to the TF300T cable. I am at work and only have the cable that came with the TF101. I did notice that in the OP it said " Boot the tablet into fastboot mode and connect it to your computer via the original USB cable."

Could that be the issue?
    I'm on vacation right now but will do my best to help.

Try deleting all of the drivers you have currently for the device. Go to devices and printers on the computer. Right click and sect uninstall and also confirm deletion of drivers in the next window.

Did you try the minimal drivers program that I previously linked? It is an executable file which launches like a regular windows program showing a terminal.

Speaking of that, I always had trouble getting the terminal properly if i wasnt using something like minimal adb. You need to some how have it attached to the fastboot folder (you use right click and shift key)

I would also try linking with your tf1l1 to see if they connect, reconnect the 300 and use the same terminal to try again.

Lastly, it is possible the cable is faulty.

I would definitely try minimal because it is completely separate from the drivers that get changed and overwritten by windows update when you plug and unplug your devices.

Please let me know.
    GT

______

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, I don't want to bug you on your vacation. but to answer your questions, yes I have tried both the naked and the minimal as well as the asus suite. Sorry I forgot to mention that. Each time I connect to the computer trying to get the drivers installed it comes up with USB device not recognized. When I go into device manager the TF300T comes up as unknown device. When I go to update the drivers windows says the best drivers are installed already. This is for each of the three methods.

As for the cable, I am wondering about its condition. It's been a long time since I used it to talk to the TF101 for ADB or just connecting to the PC. As it is the original cable that came with my TF101 from 2+years ago. It charges fine but the data wires could be suspect.

You enjoy your vacation! In the mean time I will try using the newer cable from the TF300T when I get a chance this week. I will post results.
    Last edited by Amesbury; 03-18-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    I do think the cable could be the culprit. But for driver problems, this post (#23) may be helpful: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2670645&page=3
    Also, a funny thing happened to me just this evening: Tried to flash my TF701 for the first time and it was not recognized in adb by my Win7 32 bit laptop. Fastboot worked though, so I flashed CWM and while I performed a nandroid backup in CWM (with the tablet connected via USB) Windows installed the ADB drivers without any intervention from my side - go figure...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you GTanner00 and Droidbound. It was the cable. Tried the newer one last night and I was able to get the drivers working and push TWRP to the TF300T. GTanner00, hope your vacation is going great! Now comes my favorite part of this process, research and trying out all the different offerings of ROMs for my new tablet.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Amesbury View Post
    Thank you GTanner00 and Droidbound. It was the cable. Tried the newer one last night and I was able to get the drivers working and push TWRP to the TF300T. GTanner00, hope your vacation is going great! Now comes my favorite part of this process, research and trying out all the different offerings of ROMs for my new tablet.
    Really glad that worked out for you. Yes I am enjoying a lovely family vacation I. Kauai. What a beautiful place. The weather has definitely improved over the last three days.

Swipe likes this.

______

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    Really glad that worked out for you. Yes I am enjoying a lovely family vacation I. Kauai. What a beautiful place. The weather has definitely improved over the last three days.

One more ROM that I have yet to add to my list (it was released yesterday) is CROMBi- kk it shows a lot if promises but I have yet to try it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2686235

______

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links