Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 714
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to Root/Install ROMs on the TF300. Jelly Bean KitKat and Lollipop ROMs

  1. #201
    Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    68238
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Posts
    1,417
    Liked
    335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silkenhut View Post
    Hello Lollipop!
    So how does Lollipop run? Don't keep us at the edge of our seats!
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

    T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

    TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

    What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

  2. #202
    Jazz
    Member #
    46603
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Posts
    37
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinthefixer View Post
    So how does Lollipop run? Don't keep us at the edge of our seats!
    Nice! Much smoother hehe although i need to get used to the new notification bar and app drawer

    Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

  3. #203
    Soundwave
    Member #
    76413
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    I have already unlocked my tablet, confirmed on the splash screen, when I try to copy twrp.blog in terminal emulator it will not work. If I type "su" it says cannot be found. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

  4. #204
    Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47492
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2,724
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH158 View Post
    I have already unlocked my tablet, confirmed on the splash screen, when I try to copy twrp.blog in terminal emulator it will not work. If I type "su" it says cannot be found. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    That's probably because you don't have root (su).
    I am confused - why do you use Terminal emulator?
    Why are you trying to copy the TWRP blob and where to?

    You can't be following the directions in this thread - I don't recall anything about using a terminal in them?
    Describe more in detail what you are up to please.

  5. #205
    Soundwave
    Member #
    76413
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    That's probably because you don't have root (su).
    I am confused - why do you use Terminal emulator?
    Why are you trying to copy the TWRP blob and where to?

    You can't be following the directions in this thread - I don't recall anything about using a terminal in them?
    Describe more in detail what you are up to please.
    So I followed the directions, and used the Asus unlocked app, since I don't have the PC USB cord I copied the twrp.blob to the tablet and tried flashing it in terminal emulator, as described in one of the later posts. (It was actually a post by you)
    Last edited by JAH158; 01-20-2015 at 10:36 AM.

  6. #206
    Soundwave
    Member #
    76432
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    0 times
    Greetings!

    Thank you for the extensive guide. I've had my TF300 for years and it was slowing down with no hope in sight despite some factory resets. A few questions:

    I flashed CROMBi-kk KitKat because it looked like the smoothest and most popuar rom. When loading it, I wasnt sure which options to use so I went with the "stock" option. I have since loaded some apps onto the tablet. If if re-run the install, can I select a different option, or will it wipe everything? Do I need to reset again before doing it? (which I know WILL wipe data) Also, what are the various options anyway, what do they do?

    Also, what will the format option in the recovery do? It seemed to format everything including the backup I made. I didnt touch it as I didnt want to brick my tablet, but in the future, if I want to flash a new rom. Could I use this option for a clean install, or is this a no no? Any way to format without losing the backup that was made in this guide?

    Also, I have noticed I lost the power options that the stock rom has, is this true just for the combi-kk rom or is it all kitkat rom? Any way to recover this function?

    I still see a little bit of sluggishness with some heavy use but it's all very fast now. I've seen talk of Titanium Backup app. Someone mentioned it can reach and stop/uninstall apps in the partition as opposed to data. Will experimenting with this free things up? Is there really any bloatware to clean up on a custom rom such as mine? Anything I should definitely be getting rid of to free up resources? I really want to run as light as possible with only needed processes running and of course my own apps.

    I'm new to flashing roms, but I'm decently tech savy and build my own computers.

    Thanks guys

  7. #207
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    53776
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    1,923
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabba View Post
    Greetings!

    Thank you for the extensive guide. I've had my TF300 for years and it was slowing down with no hope in sight despite some factory resets. A few questions:

    I flashed CROMBi-kk KitKat because it looked like the smoothest and most popuar rom. When loading it, I wasnt sure which options to use so I went with the "stock" option. I have since loaded some apps onto the tablet. If if re-run the install, can I select a different option, or will it wipe everything? Do I need to reset again before doing it? (which I know WILL wipe data) Also, what are the various options anyway, what do they do?

    Also, what will the format option in the recovery do? It seemed to format everything including the backup I made. I didnt touch it as I didnt want to brick my tablet, but in the future, if I want to flash a new rom. Could I use this option for a clean install, or is this a no no? Any way to format without losing the backup that was made in this guide?

    Also, I have noticed I lost the power options that the stock rom has, is this true just for the combi-kk rom or is it all kitkat rom? Any way to recover this function?

    I still see a little bit of sluggishness with some heavy use but it's all very fast now. I've seen talk of Titanium Backup app. Someone mentioned it can reach and stop/uninstall apps in the partition as opposed to data. Will experimenting with this free things up? Is there really any bloatware to clean up on a custom rom such as mine? Anything I should definitely be getting rid of to free up resources? I really want to run as light as possible with only needed processes running and of course my own apps.

    I'm new to flashing roms, but I'm decently tech savy and build my own computers.

    Thanks guys
    Hey Dabba.

    These are all really great questions and important things to know when experimenting with custom ROMs and tweaks.

    1. I am not completely familiar with all of the options and tweaks in that particular ROM but I can give some explanations for a few things in the Aroma Installer.
    -Kernel Choice. You have choice of four kernels which all have most of the same options. the CM11 kernel, _That's, Grimlock, and Geass. The last three have overclocked CPU and GPU by default. the CM11 is most close to the original kernel with stock frequencies. All of these kernels allow their frequencies to be tweaked using an app like TricksterMod or the built in Performance Settings in the ROM (Accessed the same way you enable Developer Options)

    - DPI size (pixel density) not something I would want to change if I like the way software elements are scaled.

    -.Default apps. This might be nice if you want a particular launcher

    -Various tweaks. quite a few of these are quite good. Apparently you have a choice of stock CM11 or Sbdag's favorites initially. I would choose the latter as the developer usually knows best


    2. It is very easy to change options. Simply reflash the ROM without wiping (called a dirty flash) if you have the option, it is a good idea to wipe the cache and dalvik cache.

    One thing to keep in mind, is that after a few installs and updates, things are going to need cleaning up with a wipe of the SYSTEM partition. This partition only contains the apps and ROM itself. No user files like pictures etc. Apps can be reinstalled from the play store easily. If there is need to keep the content and settings from an app then you can use something like Titanium backup to make a complete backup of that app. You can look on Youtube for how to use that app.

    3. The Format button in TWRP is a good tool and something you might consider using once before you get setup too much in your new ROM. That function will completely reformat all partitions (except for TWRP and the bootloader of course) which will likely speed things up a bit if this has never been done before. This process can take some time and should not be interrupted. You will need a microSD card so that you can save any backups you may have as well as a ROM zip to install.

    4. Your backup (the nandroid) is saved in a folder called TWRP in the top directory of the internal memory.

    5.Best ways to speed things up are to reformat the memory as well as utilizing some of the ROM tweaks.

    6. Perhaps once you reformat, you might want to "shop around" to find a ROM you prefer the most. CROMBi-kk's cousin: ZOMBi -X is a good choice as it is based from OmniROM rather than CM. KatKiss is also a very popular choice and there is also a 5.0 Lollipop version as well.

    Let me know if this still leaves you with questions.

    Good luck and happy flashing.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

    Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

    Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

  8. #208
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    53776
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    1,923
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH158 View Post
    So I followed the directions, and used the Asus unlocked app, since I don't have the PC USB cord I copied the twrp.blob to the tablet and tried flashing it in terminal emulator, as described in one of the later posts. (It was actually a post by you)

    I am hesitant to give any instructions for the android terminal since they are largely untested. Perhaps Droidbound who is more familiar with that method will be able to give his opinion. I really think you should be getting a USB cable as soon as you can since you cannot use the terminal method to get you out of a potential brick situation but you can if you have fastboot.

    It seems strange that you dont have a cable. How are you charging the tablet? why can't you use that cable?
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

    Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

    Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

  9. #209
    Soundwave
    Member #
    76413
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    I am hesitant to give any instructions for the android terminal since they are largely untested. Perhaps Droidbound who is more familiar with that method will be able to give his opinion. I really think you should be getting a USB cable as soon as you can since you cannot use the terminal method to get you out of a potential brick situation but you can if you have fastboot.

    It seems strange that you dont have a cable. How are you charging the tablet? why can't you use that cable?
    I got it with just a wall charger, no separate USB. I will order the cable and try that.

    I'm curious to as why I don't have SU permissions after I used the unlocker.

  10. #210
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    53776
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    1,923
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH158 View Post
    I got it with just a wall charger, no separate USB. I will order the cable and try that.

    I'm curious to as why I don't have SU permissions after I used the unlocker.
    What kind of wall charger is this?

    Every tf300 I have seen has two parts a usb Cable which plugs into a wall wart. Is yours all one piece?

    Unlocking the bootloader does not give you any superuser permissions. If you read the guide, I explain that to obtain root you need a custom recovery. If you are going to do that than it is much more beneficial to install a custom ROM which has root built in.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

    Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

    Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

 

 
Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. ROMS (List of Known Roms for Asus Memo Pad HD 7)
    By Minimonkey in forum Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 ROMs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2014, 02:26 AM
  2. [Help] Root from Jelly Bean ?
    By Azsde in forum Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Tegra 3) Development
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 06:02 AM
  3. [Help] Root from Jelly Bean ?
    By Azsde in forum Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Tegra 3) Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 04:36 PM
  4. Jelly Bean Root?
    By maaybraak in forum Transformer Pad 300 Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 04:18 PM
  5. New Root user and ROMS help.
    By jspike397 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Development
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 11:20 AM

Search tags for this page

asus tf300t root
,
asus transformer t300 root
,
crombi kk tf300
,
how to root asus tf300t
,
how upgrade tf300t to kitkat
,
root asus tf300t
,
root asus tf300t without computer
,
root asus transformer tf300t
,

root tf300t

,
tf300t root
,
tf300t root file
,
xdeveloper gapps package 4.2.1
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:29 PM.