Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to Root/Install ROMs on the TF300. Jelly Bean KitKat and Lollipop ROMs

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    You can go back to the stock rom, but when you used the Unlock Tool, it phoned home to Asus. So they know that you unlocked and you are out of warranty for good.
    But I doubt that it is a hardware problem.
    Did you do a full wipe (data, cache and Dalvik) before you installed ??? (which) rom?
    You sure you are on the correct bootloader for the rom you are running and have a compatible recovery?
    Give us more background info and I think we can help you. We need the version numbers of rom, bootloader and recovery.
    Before unlocked, I restored with factory rom twice, full wipe and it continued rebooting. Then i followed the post unlocking, installing twrp and cromi X-5-X rom and still rebooting. I turn back to the backup rom i had (with stock rom). No way, the tablet reboots very often. I don't know what to do. I think is hardware problem with start button because sometimes before rebooting, it pop up the window with turn off, reboot,...(the pop up that appear when you push start button) without pushing the button. Any idea, what can i do? Help!!!

Thank you

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    94 times
    Quote Originally Posted by anbelar View Post
    Before unlocked, I restored with factory rom twice, full wipe and it continued rebooting. Then i followed the post unlocking, installing twrp and cromi X-5-X rom and still rebooting. I turn back to the backup rom i had (with stock rom). No way, the tablet reboots very often. I don't know what to do. I think is hardware problem with start button because sometimes before rebooting, it pop up the window with turn off, reboot,...(the pop up that appear when you push start button) without pushing the button. Any idea, what can i do? Help!!!

Thank you
    Read this thread , it may be a hardware problem . TF300 Rebooting Problem - Hardware Design Glitch

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    thank you very much Wallydog. So now I have a problem because I lost my warranty installing a Rom. Any idea how can I solve this problem? If I sent it anyway to the Technical Service how does it cost?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by anbelar View Post
    thank you very much Wallydog. So now I have a problem because I lost my warranty installing a Rom. Any idea how can I solve this problem? If I sent it anyway to the Technical Service how does it cost?
    I had the exact same issue and was able to easily fix the issue again after it happened a second time. I can give more help later today.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    So, I'm new to all this, but I'm tired of my TF300T being so slow.. I've decided to try to do this guide, but I'm having some issues, and they are making me feel stupid. haha.
    I have successfully unlocked my tablet, and before turning it into a brick, I read ahead and tried to acquire all the files ahead of time to make sure I had all my ducks in a row... Well, I didnt get very far. When I clicked the link to download the openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2.blob, all it lets me do is save a shortcut of the file. I'm afraid Im doing something wrong, I just dont know what it is. Any help would be great... I feel a little stupid for being stumped by a simple file. But I dont want to just "think" I have it right, and then have an expensive paper weight..

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    ok.. so I thought I figured it out.. I saved the .md5 file and ran the command prompt "fastboot -i 0x05B0 flash recovery twrp.blob.md5" and it ran the the command, gave me the correct response and said "finished"
    I then did the next step and powered down my tablet, I then rebooted into fastboot (down volume + power) and selected the RCK icon. At that point, the tablet says "booting recovery Kernel Image" and the gives me the Dead Android dude and says "Error!"
    I can reboot the device and it acts normal. So I dont think its ruined.. Just not sure where to go from here. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Depper78; 08-26-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Depper78 View Post
    So, I'm new to all this, but I'm tired of my TF300T being so slow.. I've decided to try to do this guide, but I'm having some issues, and they are making me feel stupid. haha.
    I have successfully unlocked my tablet, and before turning it into a brick, I read ahead and tried to acquire all the files ahead of time to make sure I had all my ducks in a row... Well, I didnt get very far. When I clicked the link to download the openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2.blob, all it lets me do is save a shortcut of the file. I'm afraid Im doing something wrong, I just dont know what it is. Any help would be great... I feel a little stupid for being stumped by a simple file. But I dont want to just "think" I have it right, and then have an expensive paper weight..
    Ok, you're approach is good. You want to make sure you flash the right files and the right files only. A md5 is not a recovery. It's just a control file to compare the file hash and make sure the download is not corrupt.
    I don't quite understand what's ging on. If I klick the twrp download link in post 1 it directly downloads the file.
    Try a different browser maybe? What OS are you running on your PC?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Ok, you're approach is good. You want to make sure you flash the right files and the right files only. A md5 is not a recovery. It's just a control file to compare the file hash and make sure the download is not corrupt.
    I don't quite understand what's ging on. If I klick the twrp download link in post 1 it directly downloads the file.
    Try a different browser maybe? What OS are you running on your PC?
    Well, I cleared all the files from my download bin.. and re-downloaded the twrp file.. Now when I try the fast boot, it says "error: cannot load 'twrp.blob' : invalid argument"
    Does that mean I need to start over at square one? I'm completely lost now.. ugh..
    I'm running windows 7 64 bit.. and Mozilla Firefox is my browser.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok, so I think I found part of the problem.. I hope. Turns out I missed something, and I actually have Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.. Am I correct in thinking that openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2.blob does not work with JB? I saw were it said there was a link in the second post for a compatable twrp file for JB and Kitkat, But its listed as TWRP 2.7.01 Will that work with my 4.2.1 JB?

Sorry for all the stupid questions, and thank you for all your patience and assistance.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Depper78 View Post
    Ok, so I think I found part of the problem.. I hope. Turns out I missed something, and I actually have Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.. Am I correct in thinking that openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2.blob does not work with JB? I saw were it said there was a link in the second post for a compatable twrp file for JB and Kitkat, But its listed as TWRP 2.7.01 Will that work with my 4.2.1 JB?

Sorry for all the stupid questions, and thank you for all your patience and assistance.
    Better to ask questions until you're clear than trying to recover from a brick. Keep asking
    If you read the first 3 posts again carefully, gtanner spelled it out quite clearly (but I know how overwhelming all this info can be at first - don't feel bad).
    TWRP 2.5.0.0 is compatible with JB roms but not KitKat based roms.
    The modified TWRP 2.7.01 is compatible only with KitKat roms.
    "Being compatible" meaning here:
    You cannot flash a KitKat rom with TWRP 2.5.0.0 and you cannot flash a JB rom with TWRP 2.7.01.

The recovery is like a mini-OS, lives on it's own partition and is completely independent of what rom you have installed on /system. So having an incompatible combination (JB rom +2.7.01 or KK rom +2.5.0.0) installed is ok. BUT: You should not act upon the rom with the incompatible recovery - actions like backup, restore, wipe come to mind.

So, if you have a JB rom installed and want to move to a KitKat rom, you do your nandroid in 2.5.0.0.
    Then do a Factory Wipe in 2.5.0.0 to clear your cache and data partitions.
    Then you fastboot flash TWRP 2.7.01.
    Then reboot because the flash actually puts the twrp blob on the staging partition and it gets written to the recovery partition during the next boot.
    Then you boot into TWRP 2.7.01 again and flash the KK rom.
    Hope this sheds some light - gives some background.

I'm not sure why your recovery flash fails.... You seem to be doing everything correctly.
    Next attempt, please copy the contents of your cmd window and post it.
    Some common pitfalls:
    Make sure you open that command prompt as administrator
    Make sure file extensions in Win Explorer are showing and you didn't rename the file to twrp.blob.blob
    Try a different USB port.
    Connect the tablet to your PC's USB port booted into Android, then reboot the tablet into fastboot while it is connected via USB.
    Good luck
    Last edited by droidbound; 08-27-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links