Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to Root/Install ROMs on the TF300. Jelly Bean KitKat and Lollipop ROMs

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    Nice. Great to see it works for someone new. When you mean admin rights, do you mean a windows administrator user, or right click and running the program as an administrator?

Have fun with cromi. Remember you can run the installer as many times as you want to figure out what tweaks you want. Are you trying for a clean flash?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Hi GTanner, I have been backreading this thread and saw this post; how do you run the installer again? Do I need to redo the installation again ? (e.g. with all the wiping and restoring everything from scratch?)

Thank you

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    483 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silkenhut View Post
    Hi GTanner, I have been backreading this thread and saw this post; how do you run the installer again? Do I need to redo the installation again ? (e.g. with all the wiping and restoring everything from scratch?)

Thank you
    Maybe I should be putting this into the instructions.

When you want to make changes, simply re flash the ROM file and choose to wipe caches in the aroma installer. Then precede through the options to change them. All data from previous install will remain and new tweaks will overwrite the existing ones.
    silkenhut likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Maybe I should be putting this into the instructions.

When you want to make changes, simply re flash the ROM file and choose to wipe caches in the aroma installer. Then precede through the options to change them. All data from previous install will remain and new tweaks will overwrite the existing ones.
    Thank you. Let me do that :-) i had to do it the long way before by redoing everything.

Im still looking for a great combination to maximize the experience on cromi because as of now, i havnet fully appreciated it yet. Thanks again gtanner :-)

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    33 times
    It took me like 5 months to change my firmware, but I finally did it! Using CROMI-X 5.4 on my TF300T. Pretty awesome. Followed your guide and it was quick and easy. It's been too long since the last time I flashed something on my devices, it's always useful to follow a guide

My TF300T was too damn slow with the stock firmware, barely useful, I mean, I was not using it, only if I really needed. But now, it's darn fast, it was like the first time I used it. It was an awesome feeling

Kudos to you, for putting all this info together. Kudos to Asus, for making this brave tablet, that refuses age (you gotta love it!). And most important, kudos for all the devs out there, making our devices better and better, and increasing their lifetime
    Gtanner00 likes this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Z87M-Plus | i7 4770k + H100i | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB @1600
    AMD HD 7970 OC 3GB Corsair 650W | HAF 922 | AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable
    Galaxy Note II | Transformer Pad 300 32GB+Dock+32GB SDHC C10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a tablet Tf300. 1 month ago, it started rebooting very often by itself. I thought it was because I had installed so many aplications. I followed this post, to change the rom in order to improve it. So I lost my warranty. After that, the tablet continued rebooting, so I think it is a hardware problem. Is there anyway I could go back to factory rom and get my warranty back, so I can send the tablet to Asus Technical Support?

Thank you in advance

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    709 times
    Quote Originally Posted by anbelar View Post
    I have a tablet Tf300. 1 month ago, it started rebooting very often by itself. I thought it was because I had installed so many aplications. I followed this post, to change the rom in order to improve it. So I lost my warranty. After that, the tablet continued rebooting, so I think it is a hardware problem. Is there anyway I could go back to factory rom and get my warranty back, so I can send the tablet to Asus Technical Support?

Thank you in advance
    You can go back to the stock rom, but when you used the Unlock Tool, it phoned home to Asus. So they know that you unlocked and you are out of warranty for good.
    But I doubt that it is a hardware problem.
    Did you do a full wipe (data, cache and Dalvik) before you installed ??? (which) rom?
    You sure you are on the correct bootloader for the rom you are running and have a compatible recovery?
    Give us more background info and I think we can help you. We need the version numbers of rom, bootloader and recovery.
    Gtanner00 likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    94 times
    I've been running CROMBI KK for a couple weeks and find I miss The Asus keyboard . I was wondering if I flash the Asus apps zip file will I be able to pick and choose which ones to install or would they all install .

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    483 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallydog View Post
    I've been running CROMBI KK for a couple weeks and find I miss The Asus keyboard . I was wondering if I flash the Asus apps zip file will I be able to pick and choose which ones to install or would they all install .

As far as I know its an aroma installer which let's you select the ones you want. I never understood the appeal of the ASUS keyboard. Always gravitated to Swiftkey and Google keyboard myself. Much better prediction service.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    94 times
    As far as I know its an aroma installer which let's you select the ones you want. I never understood the appeal of the ASUS keyboard. Always gravitated to Swiftkey and Google keyboard myself. Much better prediction service.
    I think you're right about the prediction with the Google keyboard and you just changed my mind . Thanks for the response.

Gtanner00 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    483 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallydog View Post
    I think you're right about the prediction with the Google keyboard and you just changed my mind . Thanks for the response.

No problem. Swiftkey is free now as well and I found that the sizes of the virtual keys just "line up" better with my hands. Of course to each his own.

I personally do not worry about my typing data being sent to a server for anonymous analytics. Swiftkey specifically is wicked good at predictions and of course is up to date with the latest vocabulary (especially the development related words I use on forums )

Of all of these have the ability to disable analytics and usage stats for those concerned about privacy.

On a side note, I'm so glad that everyone is getting the most out of their devices (2.5 years and going strong) I'm in between tablet purchases and really wished I could have tried out CROMBi kk for myself before mine broke I hope that Devs like sbdags continue with their projects on future devices so that I may take part in the fun once more.
    Wallydog likes this.

______

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links