Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

will rooting my tf300t make it faster? web browsing buggy..

also can i root without a pc or on a mac if required? is it possible to do it via the tablet itself...
    my web browsing seems a bit buggy and its annoying.. i do use the keyboard dock alot though as i find it easier but i dont like how when i click on something, it zooms in... is there a way i can change that from hppening

i have tried chrome, firefox and dolphin

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Rooting should definitely make it run faster. You can try the recent guide I made here [GUIDE] How to Root/Install ROMs on the TF300. Jelly Bean KitKat and Lollipop ROMs
    Just know that you are on your own with a Mac. If you Google search for instructions on how to install fastboot/adb drivers on a Mac, then you should be able to follow the rest of the guide.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Rooting itself will do absolutely nothing to improve the performance of your tablet.
    What you can do with the root privileges very well may lead to lots of improvement, and if you do it right almost certainly will!
    But it's not a magic trick that turns your tablet into a speed freak. Lots of reading and research and experimenting is needed to find out what to do with root. But it certainly increases your options by 100%. And if you unlock and get fastboot set up, maybe install a custom rom, that potential increases to 1000%.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Just rooting won't make it faster. But if you root, wipe the device completely and install a custom ROM it will definitely be a bit faster and less laggy. Stock Asus runs 4.2 and has bloatware and apps like Net Library are always running and cannot be disabled. If you install a custom ROM you can get onto Android 4.42 KitKat which has trim built in to reduce lag. Plus no apps are running in the background. But nothing you do will make it as fast as a Nexus 5 with Snapdragon.

You will need a PC to do the first unlock and rooting. But once you have a recovery installed like TWRP you don't need a PC anymore. You can flash newer versions of TWRP and install ROMs by downloading directly from your tablet. I borrowed a PC to do the first root, but since then have just used the tablet itself to install new ROMs.

Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Rooting itself will do absolutely nothing to improve the performance of your tablet.
    What you can do with the root privileges very well may lead to lots of improvement, and if you do it right almost certainly will!
    But it's not a magic trick that turns your tablet into a speed freak. Lots of reading and research and experimenting is needed to find out what to do with root. But it certainly increases your options by 100%. And if you unlock and get fastboot set up, maybe install a custom rom, that potential increases to 1000%.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links