Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [SOLVED] Help! Can't pass through ASUS and TEGRA logo screen, did I brick it?

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    423 times
    Rooting can void the warranty if the issue centered around the rooting procedure. She did a data wipe on the tablet already which should have gotten rid of any root she had effectively removing the root privileges. Unlocking the bootloader is the one that really voids your warranty as it sends your serial number to ASUS and voids the warranty permanently. I think Kelly will be fine with the warranty, which is just personal opinion.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    36 times

Re: [SOLVED] Help! Can't pass through ASUS and TEGRA logo screen, did I brick it?

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatkelly View Post
    No offense taken, I don't know why I even wanted to root my tablet anyway. I do know they have 30 day return policy. There is also a restocking fee, and more so if there's problems due to customer misuse. And quite frankly, that's fine with me. Even if I get barely any refund, I still have enough money to buy a new one. Plus, the one I have is completely useless to me. At the very least it'll save me the walk of shame of taking my tablet to the dumpster.

My only concern is the warranty, like mizifih said. Though, I think that warranty is with Asus. I don't even know if it applies in this case.
    I think Amazon will probably send it to ASUS or an ASUS authorized lab or something.

If you're going to buy an Android tablet again, buy the card reader anyway. And in the meantime contact Amazon, so you don't pass the return period, just in case. And you can find a card reader at any bestbuy, office Depot, probably at a cell phone shop... It's really standard and common, easy to find.

And if bfmetcalf is right, and he probably is, if everything else fails, just return it. Keep in mind that chances are this procedure he suggested will most likely fail, but you can do it in like 10 minutes, so I think it worth the shot, if you don't lose Amazon "grace period".

- Sent from the Future using my Delorean
    - Enviado do Futuro usando meu Delorean

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mizifih View Post
    I think Amazon will probably send it to ASUS or an ASUS authorized lab or something.

If you're going to buy an Android tablet again, buy the card reader anyway. And in the meantime contact Amazon, so you don't pass the return period, just in case. And you can find a card reader at any bestbuy, office Depot, probably at a cell phone shop... It's really standard and common, easy to find.

And if bfmetcalf is right, and he probably is, if everything else fails, just return it. Keep in mind that chances are this procedure he suggested will most likely fail, but you can do it in like 10 minutes, so I think it worth the shot, if you don't lose Amazon "grace period".

- Sent from the Future using my Delorean
    - Enviado do Futuro usando meu Delorean
    I guess you're right. But to be honest, this has caused me so much stress over the past few days, and since the chances are that it will fail, I'm probably just going to pass and return it. Like I said, I can afford a new tablet, but I want to try my luck with the return refund. (Plus I already packed up my tablet and have it ready to go to Amazon. Kinda jumped the gun. Haha.)

But I really, sincerely appreciate everyone's help. Everyone is so sweet on this forum and I cannot thank you all enough for the time everyone's spent trying to help. Especially you, mizifih.

Hopefully I won't have any issues in the future, but if I do, I know where to go.

Again, thank you all so much<3

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ohthatkelly View Post
    I guess you're right. But to be honest, this has caused me so much stress over the past few days, and since the chances are that it will fail, I'm probably just going to pass and return it. Like I said, I can afford a new tablet, but I want to try my luck with the return refund. (Plus I already packed up my tablet and have it ready to go to Amazon. Kinda jumped the gun. Haha.)

But I really, sincerely appreciate everyone's help. Everyone is so sweet on this forum and I cannot thank you all enough for the time everyone's spent trying to help. Especially you, mizifih.

Hopefully I won't have any issues in the future, but if I do, I know where to go.

Again, thank you all so much<3
    Hope Amazon don't go all crazy on you and give you another tablet without any hustle Good luck!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Ads