Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [SOLVED] Help! Can't pass through ASUS and TEGRA logo screen, did I brick it?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    33 times

Re: [SOLVED] Help! Can't pass through ASUS and TEGRA logo screen, did I brick it?

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatkelly View Post
    Hi, I'm in the same boat as j3r4h. I literally got my tablet TODAY, rooted it, put on everything I wanted, and everything was fine. One of my apps told me that it needed a manual reboot. I rebooted it, and it looked like it was updating my apps. I noticed that it was stuck on "Android is updating - Starting Applications" for literally over an hour. I held down the power button to reboot it, and now it's stuck on the metallic Asus load screen.
    I've tried holding down the power button + the Vol. down button, and chosen all the options I could, and it's still stuck on the metallic Asus logo.

I can't access my tablet at all, and when I plug in my tablet, my computer makes a sound that makes it sound like it recognized it, but I can't see it in my actual computer. I have a PC. I also went into Device Manager, and uninstalled the drivers for my tablet. Which was probably stupid, but I was getting desperate. Now, when I plug in my tablet, it tries to download the drivers, but it can't.

I'm also completely un-tech-savvy. I lot of these solutions make no sense to me and completely go over my head. I really don't want to have wasted the money, especially since I rooted the device, and I don't think I can return it or send it to Asus. Nor do I want to.

I don't know if j3r4h also rooted their device, and frankly, I don't even know if I'm referring to the same thing as you are. (Is bootloader the same as rooting? I really don't know.)

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I'm seriously so lost and so frustrated. Thank you so much!
    If you're stuck at the shiny ASUS logo, chances are you have a small problem.

Check if you have fastboot access, hold down both power and vol. down buttons, and see if you have the usb logo.

What are you using for recovery, CWM or TWRP?

Fastboot will need different drivers.

I recommend you to install the drivers from android.com, when you install the API, that have adb, you'll get a set of drivers. Try that.

And I believe you're trying to say that you unlocked your bootloader

Did you use that app from Asus to unlock it? But I believe that just rooting would be enough to void the warranty, not sure though.

- Sent from the Future using my Delorean
    - Enviado do Futuro usando meu Delorean
    Last edited by mizifih; 02-13-2013 at 05:17 AM.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Z87M-Plus | i7 4770k + H100i | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB @1600
    AMD HD 7970 OC 3GB Corsair 650W | HAF 922 | AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable
    Galaxy Note II | Transformer Pad 300 32GB+Dock+32GB SDHC C10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mizifih View Post
    If you're stuck at the shiny ASUS logo, chances are you have a small problem.

Check if you have fastboot access, hold down both power and vol. down buttons, and see if you have the usb logo.

What are you using for recovery, CWM or TWRP?

Fastboot will need different drivers.

I recommend you to install the drivers from android.com, when you install the API, that have adb, you'll get a set of drivers. Try that.

And I believe you're trying to say that you unlocked your bootloader

Did you use that app from Asus to unlock it? But I believe that just rooting would be enough to void the warranty, not sure though.

Thank you so much for your swift reply!!

Alright, so my technology illiteracy is about to show...

I can hold down the power and volume down button and it show the small text in the top left corner, with the two icons that say "Wipe Data" and "Android". Is that the USB logo you're talking about?
    However, no matter what I choose, nothing fixes the problem.

In terms of recovery, I honestly don't know what CWM or TWRP is. So it's safe to say that I'm probably using neither. Do I need to use either of those for the fastboot to work?
    I don't need to save what I've already put onto my device, though. I'm willing to wipe it and just put on my stuff onto it again.

What drivers are needed to be downloaded? And where do I find them on the android website?

I didn't use the app from Android to unlock it. I used some sort of download from the xda website.

I'm so sorry, I really am computer illiterate. If could just elaborate, that would be wonderful.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    33 times
    Thank you so much for your swift reply!!

Alright, so my technology illiteracy is about to show...

I can hold down the power and volume down button and it show the small text in the top left corner, with the two icons that say "Wipe Data" and "Android". Is that the USB logo you're talking about?
    However, no matter what I choose, nothing fixes the problem.

In terms of recovery, I honestly don't know what CWM or TWRP is. So it's safe to say that I'm probably using neither. Do I need to use either of those for the fastboot to work?
    I don't need to save what I've already put onto my device, though. I'm willing to wipe it and just put on my stuff onto it again.

What drivers are needed to be downloaded? And where do I find them on the android website?

I didn't use the app from Android to unlock it. I used some sort of download from the xda website.

I'm so sorry, I really am computer illiterate. If could just elaborate, that would be wonderful.
    For the drivers
    - If your PC is recognizing your tablet, even though it can't "speak" with it, please connect it to your PC and then remove the drivers, completely remove it from your Device list.
    - Disconnect your tablet from your PC and reboot (the PC), do not connect your tablet back until you finish installing the new drivers.
    - Go to Android SDK | Android Developers and download the option for "USE AN EXISTING IDE".
    - Once you downloaded it, you can un-check/un-select anything, EXCEPT the checkbox for the drivers, I believe they are under "Tools" option.

Test the drivers
    - After you're finished with the drivers, reboot your PC. Though it's not needed, I recommend you to do that.
    - Connect your tablet to your PC only after windows has being completely loaded.
    - Now let's check if it's working properly, plug your tablet to your PC and start it in Fastboot mode (power on while holding Volume Down, then select the USB icon and hit volume up to confirm)
    - If you can't find Fastboot on your PC, download this one from my dropbox account, It's the one I use, so I know it works.

Now, to the good stuff
    - Go to TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.4 - Asus Transformer TF300T(G) | TeamWin download and save the PROPER blob file on the same folder that fastboot.exe is located (make sure you downloaded the right one, ICS or post ICS).
    - Using Windows Explorer, open the folder where fastboot.exe is located, hold shift on your keyboard and right click anywhere on the folder that doesn't make you select a file, then select to open the Command Prompt from there/here.
    - On the Commmand Prompt window type fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery blob.file.you.downloaded.from.twrp.site
    - tell's me what happens and I'll update this post with further accordingly instructions.

Good luck!
    Last edited by mizifih; 02-13-2013 at 12:28 PM.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    For the drivers
    - If your PC is recognizing your tablet, even though it can't "speak" with it, please connect it to your PC and then remove the drivers, completely remove it from your Device list.
    - Disconnect your tablet from your PC and reboot (the PC), do not connect your tablet back until you finish installing the new drivers.
    - Go to Android SDK | Android Developers and download the option for "USE AN EXISTING IDE".
    - Once you downloaded it, you can un-check/un-select anything, EXCEPT the checkbox for the drivers, I believe they are under "Tools" option.

Test the drivers
    - After you're finished with the drivers, reboot your PC. Though it's not needed, I recommend you to do that.
    - Connect your tablet to your PC only after windows has being completely loaded.
    - Now let's check if it's working properly, plug your tablet to your PC and start it in Fastboot mode (power on while holding Volume Down, then select the USB icon and hit volume up to confirm)
    - If you can't find Fastboot on your PC, download this one from my dropbox account, It's the one I use, so I know it works.

Now, to the good stuff
    - Go to TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.4 - Asus Transformer TF300T(G) | TeamWin download and save the PROPER blob file on the same folder that fastboot.exe is located (make sure you downloaded the right one, ICS or post ICS).
    - Using Windows Explorer, open the folder where fastboot.exe is located, hold shift on your keyboard and right click anywhere on the folder that doesn't make you select a file, then select to open the Command Prompt from there/here.
    - On the Commmand Prompt window type fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery blob.file.you.downloaded.from.twrp.site
    - tell's me what happens and I'll update this post with further accordingly instructions.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much! I can't get over how nice everyone is on this website.

I actually need to head to class now, but I'll be back in about 3 hours. Once I get home, I'll keep you updated.
    The directions are really clear, from what I can tell. Thank you so much for that.
    I do have one question though.
    I literally bought my tablet yesterday, but since I can't access my tablet at the moment, I don't know if it's ICS or post-ICS. Since I bought it yesterday, I don't know if it's currently on Jelly Bean or what. Would you happen to know?

Again, thank you so much for your help. I'll be back soon.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    33 times
    Thank you so much! I can't get over how nice everyone is on this website.

I actually need to head to class now, but I'll be back in about 3 hours. Once I get home, I'll keep you updated.
    The directions are really clear, from what I can tell. Thank you so much for that.
    I do have one question though.
    I literally bought my tablet yesterday, but since I can't access my tablet at the moment, I don't know if it's ICS or post-ICS. Since I bought it yesterday, I don't know if it's currently on Jelly Bean or what. Would you happen to know?

Again, thank you so much for your help. I'll be back soon.
    Hum, that's something you should know before going all Chuck Norris on your tablet. I'll see if there's a fastboot or adb command/parameter to know it for sure. Before that, don't install TWRP on your tablet. Wait for me. I'll be home in three hours, I'll be able to test stuff on my own tablet before posting it here. Stay put!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hum, that's something you should know before going all Chuck Norris on your tablet. I'll see if there's a fastboot or adb command/parameter to know it for sure. Before that, don't install TWRP on your tablet. Wait for me. I'll be home in three hours, I'll be able to test stuff on my own tablet before posting it here. Stay put!
    Okay, will do! I'll be gone for a few hours anyway. Thank you so much!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I also had another quick question. When I go through all the steps, should my tablet be in working order or will there be additional steps? I don't mind either way, but I'm just curious.

Thanks again.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    33 times

Re: [SOLVED] Help! Can't pass through ASUS and TEGRA logo screen, did I brick it?

I also had another quick question. When I go through all the steps, should my tablet be in working order or will there be additional steps? I don't mind either way, but I'm just curious.

Thanks again.
    You'll only need your tablet connected and working for removing the drives and fastboot stuff inside it. And by working I mean turned on, not accessible on windows Explorer, just being recognized as a device by windows.

By the way, go ahead and do that, remove the drivers and install the new ones, you can go through these steps. Just don't flash anything for now. Try the following.

For the drivers

Test the drivers

Now, to the good stuff
    - On the Commmand Prompt window type fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot, hit enter and your tablet should reboot.

If something go wrong, tell us here.

Last edited by mizifih; 02-14-2013 at 03:05 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    You'll only need your tablet connected and working for removing the drives and fastboot stuff inside it. And by working I mean turned on, not accessible on windows Explorer, just being recognized as a device by windows.

By the way, go ahead and do that, remove the drivers and install the new ones, you can go through these steps. Just don't flash anything for now. Try the following.

For the drivers

Test the drivers

Now, to the good stuff
    - On the Commmand Prompt window type fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot, hit enter and your tablet should reboot.

Okay, I'm about to do it now, and I'll keep you updated.
    Last edited by ohthatkelly; 02-14-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

For the drivers

Test the drivers

Now, to the good stuff

UPDATE 1: I downloaded the drivers and plugged in my tablet. I pressed the power button and volume down button, but it didn't really make any difference. It took me to the screen with the Wipe Data and Android options. I didn't see a USB option, unless it was named something else. I'm not sure when I should be choosing fastboot either.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads