Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    33 times

Installing Jellybean on Unlock/Rooted TF300T

THIS METHOD GAVE ME SO MANY PROBLEMS,
    I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU TO NOT USE IT!!

UPDATE (FIXED): Google Play is not working properly. I was able to install some apps with it, but now it got stuck, can't update, can't install new apps.
    UPDATE 2: I forgot to wipe data after the update, did that and all my problems are solved. Already included that on the steps you must follow.

I found this guide on XDA posted by krabappel2548, but it's not that detailed, even though it says it's noob-proof. I had to do some trial and error before get there. So here is my experience (with a lot of copy and paste from there), I just adapted some parts based on my experience, since it was not as simple as described, some steps needed a little more details to make it noob-proof.

Full credit goes to krabappel2548. I'm also using the links he provided on his post.

== Part 1 - Prepare the tablet ==
    First we need to install the 9.4.3.30 US update to be able to upgrade to the Jellybean software, then we will do the actual upgrade to Jellybean.

1. Backup, backup and backup, if it's important to you, don't take any risk, backup your app data. I used Titanium Backup, you can use any other app, just backup your important stuff.
    2. Download the US 9.4.4.3.30 update from Asus support site. It doesn't matter if you already have it installed, you'll need to re-flash it.
    3. Put the file on your tablets internal storage, on the root (/sdcard)
    4. Got to recovery and make a backup, I used clockwork, the backup will be placed at (/sdcard/clockworkmod)
    5. In recovery do to a factory reset and wipe dalvik cache
      • TWRP recovery: Wipe => Dalvik Cache and Wipe => Factory reset
      • CWM recovery: Factory reset and Advanced => Wipe Dalvik Cache
    6. Flash the US_epad-user-9.4.3.30.zip file like you would flash any other ROM (I used ClockWorkMod to flash the .zip)
    7. Reboot into your tablet and enable "USB-debugging" and "Unknown Sources" in settings
    8. Connect your tablet to your pc and download the 1-Click Transformer Root, I found that it'll work better, somehow ES File Explorer didn't get root in my case.
    9. Extract the rooting toolkit, run 1-Click Transformer Root.bat and follow the instructions to root your tablet.
    10. Once you finished the rooting process you are ready to continue to the upgrade process

== Part 2 - Upgrade to Jellybean ==
    This will upgrade your tablet to Jellybean (Android 4.1.1)

1. Download the necessary files:
    2. Copy both files to your internal storage, open root explorer or another file explorer with root access (I used ES File Explorer)
      • Copy dlpkgfile to /cache
      • Copy command to /cache/recovery
    3. Now you need to reboot your tablet, this will start the installation of the Jellybean update, but not a simple restart, you must enter in recovery mode, like entering in ClockWorkMod, to do that, turn off your tablet, turn it on by holding power and volume down button together, till you see a message saying that you have 5 seconds to enter RCK, when you see that message, press volume up. Once you do that, ClockWorkMod will not start, instead it'll start updating to Jellybean.
    4. Wait untill the update is finished and now you have Jellybean on your tablet

== Part 3 - Install recovery and rooting ==
    Let's start with installing the recovery

1. Download these 2 files:
    2. Extract the recovery with fastboot files zip and open a command prompt in the same folder of the adb and fastboot files (Shift + Right mouse)
    3. Reboot into the bootloader of your tablet, type: adb reboot bootloader
    4. When your tablet has reached the bootloader navigate with volume down to the usb icon and press volume up to confirm.
    5. To flash the recovery type: fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery tf300t-jb.blob
    6. A blue bar will appear and the recovery will be installed, when the blue bar is filled press volume up + power button to reboot to Android or or type fastboot -i 0x0b05 reboot on the terminal window.
    7. Copy Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed to the internal storage of your tablet. then reboot into the bootloader again, this time you need to select the RCK icon with volume up to enter the recovery image.
    8. In recovery, flash Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed, I got a different manager, instead of ClockWorkMod, that I have installed, this proccess forced Team Win Recovery Project to load, but it's not a monster, actually, it have touch screen support, so click install and select the Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip file.
    9. Reboot into the system
    10. Install Supersu from Google Play
    11. Open up Supersu, it will ask you to update the binary, choose yes (continue).
    12. Now your tablet should be rooted
    13. Wipe all the data in recovery mode again, or you'll end up with Google service problems (I skipped this step and had some problems)
    14. Restore you backup
    15. Profit!
    Last edited by mizifih; 08-23-2012 at 07:12 AM.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Z87M-Plus | i7 4770k + H100i | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB @1600
    AMD HD 7970 OC 3GB Corsair 650W | HAF 922 | AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable
    Galaxy Note II | Transformer Pad 300 32GB+Dock+32GB SDHC C10

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Please post in the correct section.
    Moved to tf300 development.
    Transformer Pad 300 Development
    All hacking and rooting discussions regarding the Transformer Pad 300 belong in this section

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    when ever i try to boot using the recovery to update, it shows a symbol with android and after some time and androi bot lying down and exclamation mark on its stomach. what do i do now?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links