Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    1 times

64GB SD Card?

Hi

Asus support have stated that the card linked below is not officially supported so might not work, only info I could find when searching forums is that if formated for NTFS it might work.

Please can anyone definitively tell me if it will work with my Asus TF300tg Pad. If not please can someone tell me exactly what card to look for, preferably 64gb.

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered before but as stated I have tried searching and am still not sure what to buy.

SanDisk Ultra Micro SDXC Memory Card 48MB/s (Class 10) for Android - 64GB

Thank you.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    329 times
    Sorry but I sincerely doubt you'll find that definitive answer. Your TG is sort of an odd duck to begin with, and all 300s are good and thoroughly obsolete by now. If you need something you know will work you'll have to stick with 32GB cards. Usually you get what you pay for there.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Kevinthefixer

Many thanks for the reply, I have had my tablet a few year now so realise that as you say it is thoroughly obsolete (well in technology terms at least cos it does still work!) but have never thought of it as 'sort of an odd duck to begin with' - can I please ask you to explain that before I make the final decision to buy a good quality sd card or a new tablet

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    Kevin meant that not many were sold or bought & it was not widely supported by either Asus or independent developers. Because of that, in security & OS functionality terms, it now represents something that is not secure, has documented loopholes & lacks some of the functionality of modern iterations of Android. This phenomenon is known as OS fragmentation.

That said, depending on what you use it for, I can’t see any reason to change it if it is still working OK. Just be doubly sure everything is backed up.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi

Many thanks for the explanation, not sure I totally understand (put that down to my 70 year old female brain which I know these days with so much info on the internet is no excuse!), anyway I have since discovered that the docking station I have has stopped working since I last used it.
    That is to say that if I plug in the usb charging cabe it will wake the tablet up and the tablet is clearly shown as docked but the keyboard function is not working, neither does it pick up any sd card from either the docking slot or the spare usb slot, the only other place for a card which would have to be the size of a sim card is in the tablet itself.
    As to backing up and security I really only use it to read, listen to the radio, play the occasional game, I have given up trying to use it to search the internet and get most frustrated trying to do any of the previous things as it just seems to take an age to do anything and then I get the message that whatever it is I want to do is not responding. Some days are better than others so I think I will just leave things as they are as I am now thinking that an SD card wont really improve things.
    Thanks again for the replies though.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    329 times
    I wouldn't give up that easily. The slot in the tablet takes a microSD card, identical to a standard SD card except for size, which is to say that many come with a simple adapter to fit the micro card into a standard SD slot. Often I'll buy a Micro with the adapter so it'll fit all my readers. Just look for a microSD card that suits you, but the 64GB ones (as you found out) are iffy in older Droids. But you can buy a brand-name 32GB card for 20-25 bucks. And while there are no custom ROMs specifically for the TG models, if you are willing to do without the cellular function and stick with wi-fi, the custom ROMs for the 300t should work fine. I run KatKiss Nougatella on mine and it'll run circles around stock. The keyboard/SD/USB problem is probably a bad pin in the tablet/dock connector, may or may not be fixed with a new dock. If you need a keyboard or the extended battery it's probably time to look for a new tablet. But for reading. the occasional Google search, plowing through e-mails, games, movies and such, it's handy as a pocket in a shirt.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi

Thanks for the info, guess I will be spending my time looking up KatKiss Nougatella (sounds more like something I want to eat rather than install on my tablet!) and spending my money on a decent sd card, possibly a new dock too.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crofter View Post
    Hi

Thanks for the info, guess I will be spending my time looking up KatKiss Nougatella (sounds more like something I want to eat rather than install on my tablet!) and spending my money on a decent sd card, possibly a new dock too.
    I wouldn’t think of spending money on it. If you really want something that flies, is fully functional and is bang up to date, then I suggest you look at the new Amazon Fire HD 10 which has Alexa voice control built in - for the money it will amaze you. If you like a keyboard, just couple it with a bluetooth keyboard case.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    1 times
    Think I will just leave this page open on the pc so other half can see what he could be buying me for Christmas!
    janner43 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links