Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    6 times

TF300 Charging cable replacement.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere in Canada I can order a replacement OEM charging cable for the TF300t as mine broke. I've heard of 3rd party knockoffs not working very well. I've checked the Asus website but they don't even seem to have the TF300t listed anywhere anymore.

Thanks,
    Robert

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    I haven't heard of any problems with aftermarket cables, I have one for my 300. The aftermarket USB-OTG adapters have been troublesome. The TF201 and 701, at least, take the same cable, and I believe at least most of the other early TFs. Try Amazon or Newegg.

Edit: I meant 700, not 701. I'm not sure what cable the TF701 uses.
    Last edited by Kevinthefixer; 04-28-2015 at 07:41 PM.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    I think that big thing is to ensure that the replacement cable you get puts out the same power. Otherwise you may get the annoying beeping or have other charging bugs. I would definitely take Kevin's advice and look on Amazon, read the comments/reviews to ensure it will work for you.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    I think that big thing is to ensure that the replacement cable you get puts out the same power. Otherwise you may get the annoying beeping or have other charging bugs. I would definitely take Kevin's advice and look on Amazon, read the comments/reviews to ensure it will work for you.
    It's the port you plug it into, not the cable, that determines the power. Whatever cable you have, the 300 (and most other TFs) will take several days to charge if plugged into a standard 5V USB port. But plug the same cable into the Asus charger at 15V and it's another story.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I just had my USB charging/data cord damaged .
    I some stepped on the power adapter and bent the USB plug end. I tryed to bend it back it worked but died after bit.
    The whole USB part is damaged and can be fixed..
    I note the wires are not the same for other USB cord so it can be spliced
    I am search out ebay due to limited fund .
    I note there are ones that are USB1.0/2.0 and some that are 3.0. S
    Some that 3ft cords and some are the 6ft cords.
    I not looking at anything from out side the US well at lease being sold from out side the US.
    Ebay has some OEM but not what I can afford right now.
    I need my tablet working again ASAP as I use it for work.
    I was hoping hear if anyone knew of good dealer on ebay or online.
    I don't like to deal with Amazon. they want more than i have as it is .
    Any info on find a cable or getting a new USB end part to replace.
    I feel really stupid stepping on the but I was trying stop a dog from running over a table with computers.
    Any help or suggestion will be good.

CC

Sorry the post was messed up was working from friend system and typing wasn't that great and I was being rushed to post.
    Last edited by ccorsair; 05-31-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ccorsair View Post
    I just had my Cored damaged . I some stepped on the power adapter and bent the USB plug . i bent it back it worked but died after bit .. the whole USB pare is damaged and can be fixed..
    Note the wires are not the same for other USB cord so it can be spliced . i am search out ebay due to limited fund . I note there one that USB1.0/2.0 and some that are 3.0. some that #ft cords and some are the 6ft cords. I not looking at anything from out side the US well at lease beg sold out side the US.
    Ebay has some OEM btu about what can afford right now..need my tablet working again ASAP as I use it for work.
    I was hoping hear if anyone new of good dealer on ebay or online. I don't like to deal with Amazon. they want more than i have as it is .
    Any info on find a cable or getting a new USB part to repair . I feel really stupid stepping on the but I was trying stop a dog from running over a table with computers.
    Any help or suggestion will be good.

CC
    I'm not sure if you have special dimensions in mind for the new cable but I just did a search for "Asus tf300 cable" on eBay and came up with this http://m.ebay.com/itm/291015686505?nav=Search

Basically what we are dealing with are non OEM proprietary cables. Some work and some don't and there really is no way to tell. With eBay you do get a decent refund policy if it somehow doesn't work.

If I understand you right you still have a working charging block? Correct.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    I'm not sure if you have special dimensions in mind for the new cable but I just did a search for "Asus tf300 cable" on eBay and came up with this USB Charger Data Sync Cable Cord for Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF300 TF300T TF101 | eBay

Basically what we are dealing with are non OEM proprietary cables. Some work and some don't and there really is no way to tell. With eBay you do get a decent refund policy if it somehow doesn't work.

If I understand you right you still have a working charging block? Correct.
    Yes the power block is working. I Just need the cable. Searching around now still I know how ebay and cable can be some work some don't . Just wonder why so many are are coming up in the search as as 3.0 and if they work. I wanted to Narrow down the search.The price is good but I thought see if any here got one and if they know who the deal was.
    A longer cable would be nice and I am think more than one if they are cheap in price.
    Seeing a few OEM charger and cables but will hunt that down later as that might be a good ideal as well for back up..
    If i had wire diagram I could at lease wire the power to another USB cable I could splice but I would have to find a cable that could handle 12v.
    I has this TF300t 2 years and it been working great. Got it off Ebay got gumdrop case for it and put to work for cyber security work.
    I need it back up and running jut find too many cable and thought I narrow down the search by asking those who have the same tablet.

thanks sorry my first post badly type was working from a friend system and was in hurry typing.
    CC

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Like I was saying before. The Asus cables are technically a proprietary technology. Anyone selling there own version is just breaking one open and recreating the wiring. They likely don't have plans or certification from asus. That's why the descriptions vary because no one can say for sure what technology is used in them. I've heard of a few cables that worked fine for charging but didn't transfer data.

That being said, even from the same seller you might order a few cables and have all but one work due to manufacturing error. Definitely worth it to order two at once but the seller shouldn't matter too much.

There are ones that say OEM cable but they are likely much more expensive and still may have issues.

No problem on the typos though. See below in my signature. I'm a far worse offender on that front
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Yup I can see that cable are going to be hit or miss just pay and pray till I can get real OEM. That or a docking kB . BTW do throe have there own power supply? I know nothing of them but that the TF300 and the TF700 are not the same.
    Ok going to go grab a cable and hope for the best.

Thanks
    CC

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Feel free to splice away if you can match wires. Any cheap USB cable can handle 12V, just not a whole lot of amperage.

Recommend a Bluetooth keyboard for the 300, it has a very flexible case, but a screen that is not. Only TF with a whole thread dedicated to broken screens. And the keyboard dock doesn't come with its own charger, it uses the tablet's charger and cable anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links