Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    It was the only Asus tablet where they didn't invest in Corning glass tech. That's the reason I don't have one anymore
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I done some testing just need to know which of the wires are critical to power and the one fore data. Red ,Green ,white Yellow and orange and no Black.
    I redone USB wiring for devices but this one would easy if the USB didn't have some mystery to it . the end has some of the wiring cased in resin.
    This could be to hid some proprietary parts .. the Pins were 2 layers . 4 for the normal USB and some smaller ones for data and more I think.
    I note there is second docking station with no KB any opinions on it?
    Last edited by ccorsair; 06-01-2015 at 06:35 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    It was the only Asus tablet where they didn't invest in Corning glass tech. That's the reason I don't have one anymore
    The 300? I was very worried on screen damage right off got case it was ok but saw the Gumdrop and was sold .. (saw the video or it vs the Ottercase on ipad vs a paintball gun) And case that can take a hit and not shatter was a good investment but did get mine off ebay for $36 vs $65. It was new and it work great as many time my TF300t taken to flight or just dropped it during work.
    Noted that the 301 and 701 are bit different too. wife want tablet next. I hope the fix the glass issues.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    These days most companies go with Corning tech for their products. At the same time cheaper competitors' glass has gotten stronger as well. It really has to be since all displays are now using zero gap technology so if the screen breaks the whole touch module is out as well.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ccorsair View Post
    I note there is second docking station with no KB any opinions on it?
    I use the "connect dock" all the time. It works with my 300 and my 700 both. I wish there was one for the 701 I just got as well. You plug your original charge cable into it, that's how it charges the tablet, and it has two USB ports, an ethernet port, and an audio out. I find it easier to use than the keyboard dock (no latches), and I keep a mini keyboard and a mouse and an external hard drive plugged into it (the KB has a built-in USB hub for the mouse and an extra). Makes the tablet into a sort of mini-desktop.

BTW there is also an "audio dock". It has speakers. They are very proud to announce that Bang & Olufsen helped out with it. It sucks. I had a pocket "3-transistor" radios when I was a little kid that sounded better.
    Last edited by Kevinthefixer; 06-01-2015 at 07:43 PM.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinthefixer View Post
    I use the "connect dock" all the time. It works with my 300 and my 700 both. I wish there was one for the 701 I just got as well. You plug your original charge cable into it, that's how it charges the tablet, and it has two USB ports, an ethernet port, and an audio out. I find it easier to use than the keyboard dock (no latches), and I keep a mini keyboard and a mouse and an external hard drive plugged into it (the KB has a built-in USB hub for the mouse and an extra). Makes the tablet into a sort of mini-desktop.

BTW there is also an "audio dock". It has speakers. They are very proud to announce that Bang & Olufsen helped out with it. It sucks. I had a pocket "3-transistor" radios when I was a little kid that sounded better.
    That would work as I use my tablet a lot of mail and videos to free up the computer wile working . doing other scans a work in the field not having it for last few days mean taking a laptop out I hate to carry. just wish it was cheaper buy and it still does not fix the need to get a cable.. piff!
    I knew not getting a second cable and charge would come back to bite me.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Got one in the mail today it back to charging but not sure it will do the data but is seen in the device window. Had to turn it off to let charge as too many updates were hitting all at ones. I think all the updates and everything the system was getting big overload so it could not update the link to the data. Will try later.. Just happy to get the charging going. will work on the data later. blue tooth on two of the laptop can do that too..
    Thanks for the help all ..I do have second cable from another dealer will see if that works the same.

CC

Update YES it works with data as well.. once the system was noting trying to update every file on the tablet it let me move files and all. YEA!!
    Last edited by ccorsair; 06-05-2015 at 12:03 AM.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Suggest you turn off automatic updates in Play Store.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinthefixer View Post
    Suggest you turn off automatic updates in Play Store.
    I just turn off the system to let charge it is working great today. Can plug in to the USB on the computer and move files as well.. So very happy the cable is working as well. Second cable on it way for back up. Hope works as well.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    The only down side is the the cable is only 3feet not the longer 5ft to 6ft cord.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links