Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What's the best flash memory card that a tf300 can fully use?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    i'm using the Kingston 32gb class 10. Works great no issues
    Teraclips likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    6 times

SanDisk 64 GB microSDHC + TF300T: Confirmed

SanDisk 64 GB microSDHC (Ultra Class 10 UHS-I) works flawlessly with the Asus TF300T.

No setup was required. As soon as I plugged it in, the TF300T found the card and listed it's capacity (59.4GB) in settings. The file manager that comes with the TF300T was able to read and write to it immediately. Transfers within the TF300T to and from the card appear to be very quick. I haven't benchmarked it to test the advertised 30MB/s, but I am satisfied with the speed I am seeing. I would be very surprised if the TF300T was actually able to do this.

The TF300T does not appear to merge the flash drive into the file system as my Evo3D does with flash cards. This is rather unfortunate. My Evo3D will mount the card under /sdcard and will use it for program installation and support files. The TF300T appears to mount the card as if it were a USB drive and keeps it separate. I'm guessing I'll be able to fix this later through terminal on a USB connection.

The 128 GB for the keyboard still isn't in. It'll be in tomorrow, but I'll be out of town so I wont get to test it till next Tuesday.

My Evo3D actually doesn't like the 64 GB card. It comes up with an error. This could be a hardware limitation or a driver limitation as the Evo is running ~2.3 and the TF300T is running 4.0.3. I'll troubleshoot this more when I get back.

I'll post this in "The OFFICIAL "I got my Asus Transformer Pad 300" thread" as well. It is not my intention to spam the site with redundant information. My intent is to put the information where it might be looked for by those who are against using the search bar before asking a question. If this is unsatisfactory, please delete which ever one the moderator chooses.
    Last edited by youeatlard; 05-14-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    Teraclips likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    1 times
    I use my Patriot 16GB SDHC Class 10 with it, works great.
    Teraclips likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks guys, ill put my order for the whole combo(dock, sd, tablet)

also, whats a good case for this tablet?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    there's caseen cases which see a fair amount of good press on the forums. forum users get a discount too!
    otherwise there's other brands you can check out on amazon. personally i went for a poetic case, but i haven't received it so can't say how good it is.
    Teraclips likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraclips View Post
    thanks guys, ill put my order for the whole combo(dock, sd, tablet)

also, whats a good case for this tablet?
    Ive got a Caseem Black and Tan Plaid on mine and I love it. 5% discount with the "transformerforums" code, too!

Asus TF300 / Tapatalk 2
    Teraclips likes this.
    Asus T100TA 32GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    FYI on the samsung. Got one last week from Micro center for $25. This is a great price too

NEW Samsung 32GB Class10 H2O/Shock/Magnet Proof microSDHC MB-MSBGA/US w/ Adapter 036725604650 | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by enomele View Post
    I'm not well versed in the technical aspects of the flash memory, However I have heard this tablet supports the MicroSDXC 64gb cards. Hell most anything new should. Just throwing that out there as an option.

I don't know what the new speed class standard UHS is I've seen on some newer SD cards so I would recommend going that route with out some research.

I've personally been on the lookout for a new MicroSD card for this beauty of a tablet and think I'm going to go for the new line of Samsung cards I read Engadget people rave about. Otherwise as previously stated try not to get less than a speed class of 6. I've personally had wonder Experiences with A-Data and G.Skill (love the RAM), but can't attest to patriot as the card died with my old Incredible when I ran it over several times with a forklift. And I feel SanDisk is usually over priced compared to the rest do I never really bought then much.

Here's a few I've been looking at;
    Samsung 32gb class 10Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 32GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model MB-MSBGA/US
    G.Skill 32gb clad 10Newegg.com - G.SKILL 32GB Micro SDHC Flash Card w/ SD Adapter Model FF-TSDG32GA-C10
    A-Data 32gb class 10Newegg.com - ADATA 32GB Micro SDHC Flash Card with Adapter Model AUSDH32GCL10-RA1

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    6 times

SanDisk Extreme 128GB (SDXC) Flash Card + TF300T + TF300T-DOCK: Confirmed

SanDisk Extreme 128GB Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) Flash Card Model SDSDRX3-128G-A21 works flawlessly with the Asus TF300T.

No setup was required. As soon as I plugged it in, the TF300T found the card and listed it's capacity (119GB) in settings. The file manager that comes with the TF300T was able to read and write to it immediately. Transfers within the TF300T to and from the card appear to be very quick. I haven't benchmarked it to test the advertised 45MB/s, but I am satisfied with the speed I am seeing. I would be very surprised if the TF300T was actually able to do the full 45MB/s.

So, if you really had a need for 205 GB of storage on a tablet, you could do it. Who knows, it might accept bigger. Time to see if the GoPro and the Vixia HF G10 can also use the 128....
    Swipe likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    Wow

I'm sure I need that 128GB Card, I don't know what for, but it is really impressive. I have just several 32gb card. Oh, Woe is me, I'm so old fashioned and out of date.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Oddly, neither of my Patriot Class 10 16gb cards work on the New Blue. Worked just fine on the old TF101. ValleyForge seems to have a different result though!

Hopefully I can find a 16+ gb card for cheap that DOES work...

Mark

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ads