Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Asus Transformer Pad TF300 Mobile Keyboard Dock Charging

Just received and now getting up to speed on my TF300. Also purchased the mobile keyboard docking station, but I'm a little stumped on charging the keyboard either connected or disconnected from the Pad. Last evening I had both connected and the charging cable inserted but woke up to 70% battery level. Anyone have any tips to share on charging the keyboard. I did manage to charge the pad when it was disconnected from the dock which work just fine. However, the battery level indicator under "settings" for the doc remains at 0% though I am able to type without issue. The battery level for the pad does show charging levels. Any information, procedures or tips would be most welcomed!

Thanks in advance!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Try Dual battery widget...LINK

It seems to be more accurate than the built in indicator.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks MikeM for responding and the link!

I will try the widget! Are you saying the doc is actually being charged, it's just not being reflected in setting under battery level indicator? The widget looks to be lot a more informative and helpful than what is in settings. On a side note it would have been nice to have an light/led indicator on the doc itself. Oh, well I am still quite impressed with the TF300 and it's price!

Best,

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    well I have a tf101, always used double batt widget, both batteries resulted charged. since last ics firmware update, after charging tablet batt is 100, dock batt stays red. Is it a common issue? Problem with the widget or with the dock?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by evoqONE View Post
    Thanks MikeM for responding and the link!

I will try the widget! Are you saying the doc is actually being charged, it's just not being reflected in setting under battery level indicator? The widget looks to be lot a more informative and helpful than what is in settings. On a side note it would have been nice to have an light/led indicator on the doc itself. Oh, well I am still quite impressed with the TF300 and it's price!

Best,
    There actually is a little light on the dock where the charger plugs in, I think it is orange LED for charging and green when it is full. I actually choose to charge mine separately because that way I know both are charged up 100%. The reason I do this is because when the pad is docked it uses the keyboard battery as a "power brick" like for the PSP where the keyboard actually charges the tablet so if you charge the keyboard while the tablet is connected it will pass the charge through to the tablet and I am not sure if the keyboard itself will actually charge like we would think it should. I don't really have any facts to back this up yet but for sure if you charge the keyboard and tablet individually it works.

I have been using the built in dual battery widget and it seems pretty accurate so far. Yesterday I had it on all day doing random things here and there at work and I would watch the tablet go down to around 95% and then the keyboard would go down to the same and the pad would go up to 98%. They just kept balancing out until at the end of the day the keyboard was at 50% and the pad was at 90% or so. When I got home I did not charge the pad because of the 50% charging rule or whatever so I only charged the keyboard by itself. Now it is at 100% and the tablet is charging off of it and is back up to 98%.

I don't know if this helps at all but I figured I may as well share my experiences :-) I also have rooted it and set up my PS3 controller to work with it for playing my emulators and stuff, this device is awesome! I can't wait to find new ways to tweak it and make it even more outstanding.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks AndyCAPP for the tips and confirmation of the charging light on the dock. My dock appears to not want to charge, either connected to the pad or solo. Though it did come out of the box with some battery capacity. The TF300 does charge without issue. I'm started to believe this is an issue with firmware as I have replaced both the dock and the pad. Next step is contact Asus support for assistance.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by evoqONE View Post
    Thanks AndyCAPP for the tips and confirmation of the charging light on the dock. My dock appears to not want to charge, either connected to the pad or solo. Though it did come out of the box with some battery capacity. The TF300 does charge without issue. I'm started to believe this is an issue with firmware as I have replaced both the dock and the pad. Next step is contact Asus support for assistance.
    I'd say if the dock doesn't charge solo, the battery is kaput. Did you just plug it into the pad when you got it? The instructions say to charge it fully first. I just plugged it in myself without reading that and drained it fully so I could do a full charge and I have no probs, but your battery may have been faulty and now it's not working. I'd just return it straight up and get another.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    @Acedelgado,

I'm thinking something else is going on with the dock charging. This makes the 2nd dock and I've tried to charge it solo as well. Out of the box there was a little juice on the charging meter. Asus support will be getting a call with hopes that we can fix it or swap it out for one directly from there facility. My experience so far is kinda of telling me this is a firmware issue. This is also my 2nd TF300 as as I did a swap with Amazon. Perhaps they got a few that were not ready for prime time. Hoping to get this resolved.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Finally an answer to the dock not charging. It would appear that the power adapter doesn't take to kindly to being plugged into an extension cord or surge
    protector. Not sure why but both the dock and pad will charge independently or connected together when the adaptor is inserted directly into a wall outlet. Managed to get 100% battery level on both.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    That is quite interesting. I have used it on an extension cord without issue. Using a USB extension, it should be USB 3.0.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links