Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How do I: Completely format C, remove backup partition and install WIndows 10 Pro??

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times

Question How do I: Completely format C, remove backup partition and install WIndows 10 Pro??

Hi All,

I need help with my Asus T200TA.
    When I bought it it was running on Windows 8.1 but within a few month I could upgrade for free to Win 10 Home edition. So I did.
    No problems there. Only now I can't update Windows because the C-drive has no free space left for it.
    The update needs about 8GB of free memory.... I only have 2GB free. And I can't free up more because all is used by Windows self.
    I have a 64GB micro SD card in the slot with all my programs.

There are a few things I'd like to do but I failed trying!
    1) I'd like to remove the 10GB of back-up partition on the C-drive.
    I don't need that anymore because I have Windows 10 64bits version. And in that partition sits a Win 8.1 32 bits version.
    2) I'd like to install my bought Win 10 Pro 64 bits version.

What did I try:
    - Called Microsoft Windows, they logged in my T200TA from some place but couldn't help me. I needed to call Asus.
    - So I did. The man was very helpfull and told me what to do. I went over it again with him because I was at work.
    At home I tryed what he told me....didn't work. I changed the boot sequence in the BIOS and the Asus did see a USB drive and showed me some options but booting from USB was not one of them.
    - Also the guy from Asus told me how to remove the partition (with the removal tool from Asus) but the option to remove the boot partition was not among the options I could choose from. Found out that this tool did not work under Win 10!

So.....here's where you people come it!
    Is there someone who succesfully removed the boot partition from the C drive and got the "full" 32GB of space insteed of the 20GB?
    And did you succesfully got Windows 10 64bits installed?
    And most inportant of all: HOW DID YOU DO IT!!!
    And do you wanne tell me so I can do it to?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    Welcome

Try the stickied threads in this section. I think you'll find what you need.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MWEL1977 View Post
    Hi All,

I need help with my Asus T200TA.
    When I bought it it was running on Windows 8.1 but within a few month I could upgrade for free to Win 10 Home edition. So I did.
    No problems there. Only now I can't update Windows because the C-drive has no free space left for it.
    The update needs about 8GB of free memory.... I only have 2GB free. And I can't free up more because all is used by Windows self.
    I have a 64GB micro SD card in the slot with all my programs.

There are a few things I'd like to do but I failed trying!
    1) I'd like to remove the 10GB of back-up partition on the C-drive.
    I don't need that anymore because I have Windows 10 64bits version. And in that partition sits a Win 8.1 32 bits version.
    2) I'd like to install my bought Win 10 Pro 64 bits version.

What did I try:
    - Called Microsoft Windows, they logged in my T200TA from some place but couldn't help me. I needed to call Asus.
    - So I did. The man was very helpfull and told me what to do. I went over it again with him because I was at work.
    At home I tryed what he told me....didn't work. I changed the boot sequence in the BIOS and the Asus did see a USB drive and showed me some options but booting from USB was not one of them.
    - Also the guy from Asus told me how to remove the partition (with the removal tool from Asus) but the option to remove the boot partition was not among the options I could choose from. Found out that this tool did not work under Win 10!

So.....here's where you people come it!
    Is there someone who succesfully removed the boot partition from the C drive and got the "full" 32GB of space insteed of the 20GB?
    And did you succesfully got Windows 10 64bits installed?
    And most inportant of all: HOW DID YOU DO IT!!!
    And do you wanne tell me so I can do it to?
    Hi, with secure boot turned off in your BIOS ensure that your USB drive has been created to be UEFI compatible. Upon turning on your T200 press the "Esc" button and choose your USB drive to BOOT from. If the USB drive is not UEFI compatible, you might not be able to BOOT from the drive or format the storage of this unit.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome

Okay...I'll do that.
    Thanks for tipping me about it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi, with secure boot turned off in your BIOS ensure that your USB drive has been created to be UEFI compatible. Upon turning on your T200 press the "Esc" button and choose your USB drive to BOOT from. If the USB drive is not UEFI compatible, you might not be able to BOOT from the drive or format the storage of this unit.
    Thanks! I'll check the BIOS and the USB drive!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome

I've read them and indeed it answers my question about installing Win 10 pro 64 bits on my T200TA.
    But it doesn't answer my question about removing that backup partition on my C-drive.
    And the manager doesn't allow me to alter it from within Windows.

Can you recommend a good and free partitioning program that could do the job?
    I found some freeware programs but I don't trust ware I have to download them from.
    I don't need that backup space once I know how I can (re)install windows on my T200.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    146 times
    I've read them and indeed it answers my question about installing Win 10 pro 64 bits on my T200TA.
    But it doesn't answer my question about removing that backup partition on my C-drive.
    And the manager doesn't allow me to alter it from within Windows.

Can you recommend a good and free partitioning program that could do the job?
    I found some freeware programs but I don't trust ware I have to download them from.
    I don't need that backup space once I know how I can (re)install windows on my T200.
    If you're able to install Windows 10 Pro, you will see all the partitions at the option that ask "Where do you want to install Windows?" From there you can delete all the partitions. Although we recommend creating a recovery drive of the recovery partition first before proceeding.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    ^^^^^What they said

And our clean install guide even has a graphic illustrating where the various partitions can be deleted. You must have missed it.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the help, but I still have a problem: I've created several USB boot sticks but not one of them seem te be working.
    I used the Microsoft MediCreationTool, I've tryed the rufus tool, I've tryed the WinSetupFromUSB-1-8 tool.... NON is working!
    I should say: Non is recognized by my T200 when I insert it in the USB port in the keyboard dock or in the micro USB port at the side of the screen.
    I start my device then press and hold <ESC>. Then I see the boot options I choose the USB Scandisk and press <enter>.
    Screen goes black..... and my device starts normaly!

Where do I go wrong?
    When creating a boot USB stick.... is the sticks startup changed in some way?
    Or can someone make a zipfile from an working USB boot stick and share this with me via wetransfer??

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    146 times
    Thanks for the help, but I still have a problem: I've created several USB boot sticks but not one of them seem te be working.
    I used the Microsoft MediCreationTool, I've tryed the rufus tool, I've tryed the WinSetupFromUSB-1-8 tool.... NON is working!
    I should say: Non is recognized by my T200 when I insert it in the USB port in the keyboard dock or in the micro USB port at the side of the screen.
    I start my device then press and hold <ESC>. Then I see the boot options I choose the USB Scandisk and press <enter>.
    Screen goes black..... and my device starts normaly!

Where do I go wrong?
    When creating a boot USB stick.... is the sticks startup changed in some way?
    Or can someone make a zipfile from an working USB boot stick and share this with me via wetransfer??
    When creating the drive ensure that UEFI with GPT partition is selected instead of MBR partition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links