Thread: Camera not working after Windows 10 upgrade

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times

Question Camera not working after Windows 10 upgrade

The upgrade went fine (and I have to say I am LOVING Win 10!) but the camera isn't working at all.

When I click on the camera app it brings up the error message: "Something went wrong - Make sure your camera is connected and not being used by another app". When I close this the app closes.

When you go to settings > privacy > camera, it lists the apps that have permission to access the camera and you can turn each one on or off. The camera app isn't listed, although according to a MS help page, this is because the function is embedded withing the app itself. I have Skype desktop (not an app) installed and this doesn't appear on the list either (needless to say the camera isn't working in Skype desktop). The 'Fresh Paint' app does appear there and is turned on, so I tried to use the camera in that app but I got the same error message as above.

Could it be a driver issue? Is there a Win 10 driver for our cameras?

Thanks!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    5 times
    I upgraded my device to Windows 10 last night and I just checked with Skype, and both cameras are working fine... so I don't really know why it's not working for you :/
    And the drivers are all from Windows, so apparently there're no drivers to download (at least not what I've found). Have you tried Windows Update for any new drivers/updates?
    Also, did you upgrade from Windows 8.1 (i.e. keeping all settings, apps etc.), or did you do a fresh install?

mj0
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    4 times
    How exactly did you update the drivers? I can't find the camera in device manager and ASUS doesn't offer any Windows 10 drivers for the webcam yet.
    I'm having the same problem, webcam is not working on my T200TA after I updated from 8.1 to 10.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    5 times
    My camera drivers were probably sent over from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, so I don't think they are "updated" in that sense. My only guess would be that something messed up the drivers, somewhere during the upgrade process.
    By the way, I got the 4GB RAM, 64bit OS/EFI (i.e. "refreshed" version of the T200TA), if that is anything different than yours?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    I had exactly the same problem but with my T100TA. I have repeatedly invoked Windows Update. I have also updated to the latest Bios, and upgraded the ATK Package to Version 1.0.0039. I also downloaded from the Intel Website SOCPackage_Intel_Win81_32_VER106 and ran it. Nothing worked. So I went back to 8.1 until someone (Microsoft,ASUS or Intel) finds a solution to the problem. Once back in 8.1, the camera is working again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, same thing happened to me as well. I have just updated from win 8.1 to Win 10 and webcam stopped working. I did not did a fresh install. Just update on top of win 8.1. Contacted Asus Support team and they asked me to restore the operating system to 8.1 and reinstall windows 10 again. I thought this is just a waste of time as this might be the driver issue. I have tried to troubleshoot this myself today and have resolved the problem. Camera is working alright now.
    Follow the below steps and your camera might work as well.

1. Type Device Manager in "Search the web and windows" in the bottom bar and click on Device Manager to open it.
    2. Click on Imaging devices and right click on Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2400 and select uninstall. Complete the uninstall process.
    3. Click Action from the top bar and select Scan for hardware changes. This will automatically install the driver for the Imaging device again.
    4. Restart your computer.
    5. Try to run camera app again.

Your camera should work after following these steps. Good luck. Let me know if you want any help on this.

Helping Hero & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    245 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitin View Post
    I had exactly the same problem but with my T100TA. I have repeatedly invoked Windows Update. I have also updated to the latest Bios, and upgraded the ATK Package to Version 1.0.0039. I also downloaded from the Intel Website SOCPackage_Intel_Win81_32_VER106 and ran it. Nothing worked. So I went back to 8.1 until someone (Microsoft,ASUS or Intel) finds a solution to the problem. Once back in 8.1, the camera is working again.
    If the above does not work try this.

I had the same problem I downgraded the Imaging signal processor to the version with 11/28/2103 date 603.9600.1948.31252.
    SO if you want to go back on 10 this did work for me.
    Last edited by helpifIcan; 08-15-2015 at 10:46 AM.
    Help shortcuts

For TF101 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post177499
    For T100 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post344339

My stuff!

ASUS T100 64GB
    TF101 32 GB + Grandkids toy now
    Nokia 635 win 8.1
    ASUS MB Z97-A with I5 CPU (mine home brew PC)
    HP Desktop (wife's)
    Retired: My week is six Saturdays and one Sunday!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    It worked! Thanks!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darkonyx View Post
    My camera drivers were probably sent over from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, so I don't think they are "updated" in that sense. My only guess would be that something messed up the drivers, somewhere during the upgrade process.
    By the way, I got the 4GB RAM, 64bit OS/EFI (i.e. "refreshed" version of the T200TA), if that is anything different than yours?
    I've found camera driver in SOCPackage_Intel_BayT_T100TA_Win81_32_VER112.zip from http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/..._32_VER112.zip
    I've unpacked camera folder from zip file and I've updated driver from Device manager (indicating the folder from drive)

The camera is working now.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

dont be confused about versions

Quote Originally Posted by mikas View Post
    I've found camera driver in SOCPackage_Intel_BayT_T100TA_Win81_32_VER112.zip from http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/..._32_VER112.zip
    I've unpacked camera folder from zip file and I've updated driver from Device manager (indicating the folder from drive)

The camera is working now.
    Dont be confuesed about Version. The Driverpack is labeld Win81-32bit but it works also on Windows 10 64 bit.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links