Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times

[GUIDE][HOW TO]Windows 10 TP 9926 on Asus T200

New to forums, and had to post this.

Yes, it can be done . Not very easily. Because the Asus T200 ships with WIMboot, you have to re-install windows 8 on this puppy. Recommend to ONLY do this on the 64GB/4GB ram version.

1st step - MAKE A RECOVERY USB FROM FACTORY Windows 8.1 WIMboot install. (PLEASE)
    2nd step - Follow this: How to download the official Microsoft Windows 8.1 ISO - CNET
    you will need an actual legit product key. This allows you to download the installer. Run the installer, and make a USB installer (seperate from the one you used above).
    3rd step - Decide whether to use 8 or 8.1 as the install base. Windows 8 poses a serious problem, as most of the drivers from asus T200 support website do NOT work, since they were all built for windows 8.1. I, unfortunately only had a windows 8 product key, so I had to install using that. Since I got the LAN driver working, and not the wifi, under windows 8, I had to fudge my way through all the updates, for windows 8, while using the ethernet cable in the standard LAN port. (Windows 8.1 won't download and install from the windows store, until you apply most of the windows 8 updates.). While running through the install, be sure to completely WIPE the partitions on the internal ROM space. After you click create partition, necessary partitions will be created. (including system partitions)
    4th step - After FINALLY getting windows 8.1 installed, you'll notice there are about 10-12 missing drivers in device manager. IE (Bluetooth, GPS, Sensors, touchscreen, WIFI, Intel SOA, etc). Be sure to download and install all the device drivers that are showing up missing. get it ALL working.
    5th step - Download Windows 10 TP 9926 - you can get this for free..
    6th step - install windows 10, apply updates, check device manager, viola...

Keys:
    -Get a fresh install of windows 8.1 installed, (NOT WIMboot version, that it ships with), and get ALL the drivers working.
    -You cannot install windows 10 TP 9926 on top of Windows 8.1 WIMboot version. Windows 10 detects that as a "Compressed" OS, and won't let you install.
    -DO NOT try and install windows 10 TP 9926 directly from windows 8. (You need everything working with 8.1), first.

I must say, I am quite pleased. EVERYTHING works. and the OS tweaks in 10 are far better than 8.1 ever was. I did not even think of taking screenshots, and creating a comprehensive guide. Maybe later.

Be sure after windows 10 installs, to run the administrative disk cleanup utility to remove the 15GB of the WINDOWS.OLD directory, since it leaves the windows 8 stuff there...

windows10.png

-Freerider

Asus T200TA-C1-B1 with windows 10 TP 9926
    64GB / 4GB version
    Last edited by Freerider; 02-11-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    901 times
    Welcome to the forum Freerider, great post! Looks like you're going to be a valuable member.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    12 times
    Is there no way to extract the product key that came with the tablet and use that for the product key during re-installation of 8.1?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkster View Post
    Is there no way to extract the product key that came with the tablet and use that for the product key during re-installation of 8.1?
    I think there certainly is. There is software available that can extract product keys.
    I know that usually if you find the right OEM. Iso version of windows to re install, the installation will recognize the product key stored in the Bios.
    Last edited by Gtanner00; 02-14-2015 at 09:59 AM.
    Caster likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkster View Post
    Yes, you can . I have previously done it as well, follow my post here.

As Gtanner said, if you have the right OEM ISO version, during installation it will recognize the product key stored in the Bios.
    Trasus likes this.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    BTW i installed straight windows 10 to asus t200 and its working fine. With usb drive and deleted all partations and installed drivers after i had finished installing windows 10. But there is one tip , you need do download drivers before you are going to install windows 10 , be cause you cant access network.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    What about 32 gb / 4gb version? I suppose I have to delete all the partitions.
    But I don't think I would install it before official release in late summer, my doubts are how ASUS will update my T200?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay, here's my situation, and I want to see if anyone else has tried this before I do. I've got the 8.1 installation media on a USB thumb drive. Basically, I need to wipe all the partitions on the SSD and install it, then update everything, then install 10. Do I have that right? Is this working properly for anyone else?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times

What network drivers did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Maamees View Post
    BTW i installed straight windows 10 to asus t200 and its working fine. With usb drive and deleted all partations and installed drivers after i had finished installing windows 10. But there is one tip , you need do download drivers before you are going to install windows 10 , be cause you cant access network.
    I can't access any wireless network. The driver is "working" as per the device manager - Broadcom WLAN SDIO - 5.93.103.6. I tried .8 and .10 and none work. What wireless drivers did you use?

thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Why can I not just start a Windows 10 custom installation and repartition the flash drive to me liking and install Windows 10 as done for previous Windows versions (7. 8. 8.1)?

Don't care if I loose the recovery partition.

PS Is there any way to access a boot menu by pressing required key(s) during start up?
    Or only way to change boot order is by accessing BIOS via F2 and Power button during start up?
    Last edited by fyrekrig; 05-11-2015 at 11:49 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links