Liked
    18 times

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    18 times
    Just a word of caution to anyone reading this, when I put the tablet back together I must have done something to the screen. It is far less touch responsive now and in some sectors of the screen touch barely works at all. I really don't know what I could have possibly done to it since I only removed the cover and that wasn't too hard. Oh well, I was looking for an excuse to get a new tablet/2-in-1.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

CMOS Board and BIOS Chip

Quote Originally Posted by mc0 View Post
    I've seen claims for things to apply generally to "T100" before and it's always been wrong. Blame Asus' screwed naming scheme. (They fixed it with the 101/102/103 though.) The HA is a completely different computer than the T series, and the Chi is also it's own separate thing.

Regarding that board, I don't see anything that looks like flash chips on it. Even if the BIOS does live there it would probably already there and anything you'd get would likely be pulled from an otherwise broken unit. So if this board or an equivalent one works, If expect you'd be fine.

However, I believe (though can't be sure without looking further into mine) that you'd need to replace the entire motherboard. Which, with the integrated nature of this system means essentially a new computer, and tend to cost about as much or more as buying a whole new one.
    The cmos board and the bios chip are in 2 different places, on the T100TA. The cmos board has the camera, wifi and the cmos battery on it. The bios chip is on the motherboard on the opposite (other side of battery) side. Cmos chip has 4 soldered prongs on each side. Bios battery is soldered on. Buying a used cmos board won't guarantee the battery is good. Bios chips don't usually go bad unless an unsuccessful bios flash was done. My bios is locked. I disconnected the cmos board and the T100TA still turns on but can't get in to the OS. I'm going to try and replace the battery, most I can do is screw it up, lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links