Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    0 times

T100CHI Keyboard problems after installing Windows 2018-10 cumulative update

I had a thread titled "Bluetooth beyboard and touchscreen problems after October Windows 10 update" in the Asus Transformer Book T100 Chi General Discussion forum but it disappeared (I suspect because that wasn't the correct forum for the post).

My keyboard would stop responding periodically after installing the Windows 2018-10 cumulative update. Opening or closing the Bluetooth settings would make it start working again most of the time although I would sometimes have to toggle the Bluetooth off and on to get it to start working again. Rolling Windows back to before the update fixed the problem but I suspect this is just delaying the inevitable the way Windows does updates.
    Below is a screenshot of the drivers that were rolled back:
    Restore point.PNG

ASUS told me I should have a Bluetooth Broadcom driver listed in Device Manager under Network Adapters but I only have a Micorsoft Bluetooth driver listed:
    Network adapters.pngBluetooth driver.png

I attempted to install this driver but get a message that the best driver is already installed. Uninstalling the Microsoft driver still wouldn't let me install the Broadcom driver:
    Best Driver.PNG

I subsequently found that this driver is already installed under System devices as a "Serial Bus Driver over UART Bus Enumerator":
    System devices.pngBroadcom Serial Bus Driver.png

My questions are:
    Do I currently have the correct Bluetooth drivers installed?
    If not, how do I install the correct driver.

Thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same exact problem only I waited too long to roll it back and lost the ability to roll it back. I then had to do a windows reload but it naturally got the latest updates automatically and the problem continues. I also found that opening the settings and devices would restore the function momentarily. I can then minimize that window and quickly tap on it to restore the keyboard. As you said sometimes you have to toggle the Bluetooth off and on but I also found that clicking on the keyboard shown as connected in the same window will usually restore function. Oddly I also found that momentarily pushing the power button will cause the screen to blank for a second or two and when it returns you can hit the space bar (not always necessary) and be back where you were with the keyboard working. I sure hope that somebody figures out how to fix this as this unit is nearly unusable if you have to restart the keyboard every one to twenty words while typing an email. I think I reset it a dozen times just to make this post.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    0 times
    hey guys, I have the exact same problem. Anybody has found a solution??

I didn't have configured the system restore option, so I'm basically stuck with this problem ..
    Last edited by funzionus; 11-04-2018 at 07:04 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links