Thread: T100 CHI NoCharge/NoPower Bad Customer Service

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    1 times

T100 CHI NoCharge/NoPower Bad Customer Service

Let me start out by saying before purchasing this device, I have been using an ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 for years with little issue. This is what lead me to believe I could put trust in the company.

After purchasing the T100 CHI things ran well for the first few months and then I ran into the first quirk. I was at a meeting, I power on the screen, swiped to unlock and nothing. The screen would power on but was completely unresponsive to touch. Right away I freaked out thinking the touchscreen had failed but quickly went to thought B. I connected a mouse and viola I was in control. After clicking around all of a sudden the screen worked again. After a few searches I found ways to get around the screen issue and it seemed it was a conflict in Windows so I shrugged it off.

Now the Major issue came into play just a couple days ago. Barely 4 months past my warranty and my Tablet is not more than a paper weight. This tablet barely over a year old, used maybe 10x a month for 1-2 hour meetings, had taken its last charge. I plugged it into the OEM Charger (never used anything other than) the light came on and I walked away. About 2-3 hours pass and I come back and there is no light on. I don't think twice, I unplug it, try to turn it on and nothing. I'm thinking, maybe the case is in the way and I am not pressing down on the power button right so I remove the case. After a few tries, still it will not turn on and so I plug it back in and no charge light.

Ok, my next thought is the power plug and so I plug it into the keyboard and straight away a charging light. I then several times try the plug, alternating between the keyboard and a phone and no issues with the plug. I Plug it back into the tablet and still absolutely nothing. I unplug the USB cable from the power plug and plug the tablet into a computer and no light, absolutely nothing.

So enter the next phase of my dilemma. Given my experience with my ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 and experience I have had with another device company I work with (They replaced a device I had 1.5 years out of warranty because they assumed responsibility for their defective product) I went on to apply for an RMA. I was completely shocked and floored with the response I was given. I understand I did get a deal when I purchased the T100CHI @ $160 but what they quoted for my repair was insane. The quote was a jaw dropping $335. After doing extensive research and considering what I paid for the device brand new, would anyone in their right mind warrant that?

In doing research I have found that a lot of these ASUS tablets are having battery issues. A common issue normally reeks of defect. I also found that a lot of the issues are simply fixed by unplugging/reconnecting the battery or replacing the battery. Lucky me though, the T100CHI does not have a removable back and so I cant try that. I am just supposed to hope ASUS gets my tablet, removes the screen, unplugs/reconnects the battery and says "Oops Our Bad". Seeing the quote though, I couldn't even hope for a "Just a small service fee please".

I should not be expected to drop $160 a year on a tablet unless I want to pay a $335 repair bill (which again is just retarded because I could by x2 brand new ones with warranties, a candy bar and a soda for that price) that is bad product and customer service imho.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolPunk View Post
    Let me start out by saying before purchasing this device, I have been using an ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 for years with little issue. This is what lead me to believe I could put trust in the company.

After purchasing the T100 CHI things ran well for the first few months and then I ran into the first quirk. I was at a meeting, I power on the screen, swiped to unlock and nothing. The screen would power on but was completely unresponsive to touch. Right away I freaked out thinking the touchscreen had failed but quickly went to thought B. I connected a mouse and viola I was in control. After clicking around all of a sudden the screen worked again. After a few searches I found ways to get around the screen issue and it seemed it was a conflict in Windows so I shrugged it off.

Now the Major issue came into play just a couple days ago. Barely 4 months past my warranty and my Tablet is not more than a paper weight. This tablet barely over a year old, used maybe 10x a month for 1-2 hour meetings, had taken its last charge. I plugged it into the OEM Charger (never used anything other than) the light came on and I walked away. About 2-3 hours pass and I come back and there is no light on. I don't think twice, I unplug it, try to turn it on and nothing. I'm thinking, maybe the case is in the way and I am not pressing down on the power button right so I remove the case. After a few tries, still it will not turn on and so I plug it back in and no charge light.

Ok, my next thought is the power plug and so I plug it into the keyboard and straight away a charging light. I then several times try the plug, alternating between the keyboard and a phone and no issues with the plug. I Plug it back into the tablet and still absolutely nothing. I unplug the USB cable from the power plug and plug the tablet into a computer and no light, absolutely nothing.

So enter the next phase of my dilemma. Given my experience with my ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 and experience I have had with another device company I work with (They replaced a device I had 1.5 years out of warranty because they assumed responsibility for their defective product) I went on to apply for an RMA. I was completely shocked and floored with the response I was given. I understand I did get a deal when I purchased the T100CHI @ $160 but what they quoted for my repair was insane. The quote was a jaw dropping $335. After doing extensive research and considering what I paid for the device brand new, would anyone in their right mind warrant that?

In doing research I have found that a lot of these ASUS tablets are having battery issues. A common issue normally reeks of defect. I also found that a lot of the issues are simply fixed by unplugging/reconnecting the battery or replacing the battery. Lucky me though, the T100CHI does not have a removable back and so I cant try that. I am just supposed to hope ASUS gets my tablet, removes the screen, unplugs/reconnects the battery and says "Oops Our Bad". Seeing the quote though, I couldn't even hope for a "Just a small service fee please".

I should not be expected to drop $160 a year on a tablet unless I want to pay a $335 repair bill (which again is just retarded because I could by x2 brand new ones with warranties, a candy bar and a soda for that price) that is bad product and customer service imho.
    Hi ToolPunk, allow us to extend our apologies for the inconveniences caused with our service and support. Please send us an email to socialsupportus@asus.com with your RMA, Case or Serial Number for us to provide assistance.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    1 times
    Following the above hope was granted with further disappointment. Couple Emails later and I was met with the following.

"There is a $60 diagnostic fee that will need to be paid prior to proceeding with the RMA process. This fee does not include the cost of repair. The estimated repair cost is $330."

So Now I need to buy a new $160 tablet every year or pay $390 to repair their faulty tablets. I'm done, I don't want to deal with ASUS anymore. Almost 2 years out of warranty LG replaced my device free of charge because they assumed their fault and even gave me a new 1 yr warranty. LG replaced 3 other family members devices for free of charge because they assumed their fault. This service from ASUS is just bad and I can now never refer anyone to this company.

I have crap low budget RCA W10 Tabs that have lasted 2+ years that I would give my shirt to get people to buy over this Tab from ASUS and their Support... Just Bad, man I really liked putting my money into a company I thought was a great underdog. Bad investments do happen I guess.

Other members, would you pay $390 to have your battery unplugged and plugged back in? Would you pay more then 2x your tab's original value to have a basic defect fixed? Never again, is my opinion. I build high end Gaming machines for slightly double what you want to charge to fix a barely daily use tablet. Your company is downright insane when it comes to customer care. Undercover Boss needs to hit you like Pompeii...

None of my customers will ever here ASUS again, EVER.

My affiliates will here this resounding and will respond in the same fashion.

I am connected to 12 companies in Nevada/California/Arizona region and they all rely on my opinion as to companies to fund and you are going to loose
    Last edited by ToolPunk; 04-04-2018 at 02:47 AM.
    janner43 likes this.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolPunk View Post
    Following the above hope was granted with further disappointment. Couple Emails later and I was met with the following.

"There is a $60 diagnostic fee that will need to be paid prior to proceeding with the RMA process. This fee does not include the cost of repair. The estimated repair cost is $330."

So Now I need to buy a new $160 tablet every year or pay $390 to repair their faulty tablets. I'm done, I don't want to deal with ASUS anymore. Almost 2 years out of warranty LG replaced my device free of charge because they assumed their fault and even gave me a new 1 yr warranty. LG replaced 3 other family members devices for free of charge because they assumed their fault. This service from ASUS is just bad and I can now never refer anyone to this company.

I have crap low budget RCA W10 Tabs that have lasted 2+ years that I would give my shirt to get people to buy over this Tab from ASUS and their Support... Just Bad, man I really liked putting my money into a company I thought was a great underdog. Bad investments do happen I guess.

Other members, would you pay $390 to have your battery unplugged and plugged back in? Would you pay more then 2x your tab's original value to have a basic defect fixed? Never again, is my opinion. I build high end Gaming machines for slightly double what you want to charge to fix a barely daily use tablet. Your company is downright insane when it comes to customer care. Undercover Boss needs to hit you like Pompeii...

None of my customers will ever here ASUS again, EVER.

My affiliates will here this resounding and will respond in the same fashion.

I am connected to 12 companies in Nevada/California/Arizona region and they all rely on my opinion as to companies to fund and you are going to loose
    Allow us to extend our apologies for the inconveniences that this has caused. Our database has not listed this issue as being a known issue with this device. If the warranty has ended then there will be a cost for repairs.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    1 times
    I think you misunderstand me by far from reality. I am full aware it is out of warranty. I am fully aware it costs to repair a device. The fact that you would charge your customer over 2x what the device is worth just out of warranty, to fix an issue that despite what you have on record IS on record ALL over the internet, is the atrocity. As it stands I can do your $390 repair job for $66 but I tend to give companies the opportunity to right their wrongs. I shouldn't be stuck with a $160 paper weight after barely a year at no cause of my own.

The following is report, after report, after report, of T100s and battery issues. Yea right no record... Better companies would have even offered me a Refurbished replacement at low cost... I cant stop grinning at how ridiculous that $390 is..
    https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/...not+turning+on

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links