Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times

Wont boot Windows 10 USB/CD

Hi all,

Ive got an Asus T100H with the newest BIOS update and Ive ben trying to install Windows on it for a very long time. I have tried several methods over the last weeks and none have worked so far.

The problem is as following.

BIOS doesnt recognize an external CD player, which is strange. It does recognize USB sticks with Windows and Linux, but now the following. While it boots Linux USB sticks, and Im able to install them, it wont boot Windows sticks at all. Yes Ive tried several Windows 10 ISOs, also pirated ones, yes. 64 bit, 32 bit, Rufus method, Windows USB loader method.... It tries to load the USB stick and stops after a few sec. On other PCs the USB sticks work perfectly, so it is the Asus itself.

Any help?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora27 View Post
    Hi all,

Ive got an Asus T100H with the newest BIOS update and Ive ben trying to install Windows on it for a very long time. I have tried several methods over the last weeks and none have worked so far.

BIOS doesnt recognize an external CD player, which is strange. It does recognize USB sticks with Windows and Linux, but now the following. While it boots Linux USB sticks, and Im able to install them, it wont boot Windows sticks at all. Yes Ive tried several Windows 10 ISOs, also pirated ones, yes. 64 bit, 32 bit, Rufus method, Windows USB loader method.... It tries to load the USB stick and stops after a few sec. On other PCs the USB sticks work perfectly, so it is the Asus itself.

Any help?
    I'm not an expert, but have you tried disabling the secure boot option on the bios?

Enviado de meu Redmi Note 3 usando Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes I have, thanks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all,

Any help?
    I have a Asus P1801 and I had the same problem. Mine was even a little more severe as I couldn't even get into the bios to force it to boot from USB. I could see it was accessing the USB but not reading from it.
    It took Microsoft nearly 4 hours to sort it out.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    151 times
    Hi all,

Any help?
    Hi Fedora27, allow us to apologize for the inconveniences experienced and we'll be happy to help as best as we can. It would be required that the Windows installation be UEFI or EFI compliant for it to be installed on the drive inside the device. If it isn't it will tell you that Windows cannot be installed on a GPT partition.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi Fedora27, allow us to apologize for the inconveniences experienced and we'll be happy to help as best as we can. It would be required that the Windows installation be UEFI or EFI compliant for it to be installed on the drive inside the device. If it isn't it will tell you that Windows cannot be installed on a GPT partition.
    Good day Asus USA,
    Any idea how I could get a freshly downloaded Win 10 ISO UEFI or EFI compliant? As stated I have used the Rufus tool and Windows' own media tool, both without luck. Is there something I forgot to do?

Thanks!

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    151 times
    Good day Asus USA,
    Any idea how I could get a freshly downloaded Win 10 ISO UEFI or EFI compliant? As stated I have used the Rufus tool and Windows' own media tool, both without luck. Is there something I forgot to do?

Thanks!
    Thank you for the response. With the Rufus tool, there is an option for Partition scheme and target system type set this for GPT partition for UEFI or EFI and create your bootable drive.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for all the help. I have got it running now!

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    151 times
    Thanks for all the help. I have got it running now!
    Thank you for the update and you are welcome!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links