Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

T100TA On Screen Keyboard

My mother got a new laptop for Christmas and gave me her t100ta. When I first got it the keyboard would automatically pop up if it wasn't in it's dock. I factory reset it to wipe all her data and installed windows 10. Now the keyboard no longer comes up. The pinpad to login is the only on that will appear. Im wondering if there is a setting that needs to be turned on?

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gmm213 View Post
    My mother got a new laptop for Christmas and gave me her t100ta. When I first got it the keyboard would automatically pop up if it wasn't in it's dock. I factory reset it to wipe all her data and installed windows 10. Now the keyboard no longer comes up. The pinpad to login is the only on that will appear. Im wondering if there is a setting that needs to be turned on?
    Hi gmm213, allow us to apologize for the troubles. Please try the following steps below:

1. Click the Start button.
    2. Click the Settings button. It looks like a gear.
    3. Click Devices.
    4. Click Typing.
    5. Click the switch below Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached so that it turns on.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    "5. Click the switch below Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached so that it turns on."

That option doesn't appear for me in that section.

The problem is one similar to the one OP is describing, where any time I click a text field with the physical mouse, the virtual keyboard pops up. I'm not wiping all my data and moving to a new OS to solve it though. It was working fine for years, and I like things the way they are. Is there any help anyone can offer to make this stop happening?

The only options I see under "typing" in that menu screen have to do with how the touch kb handles autocorrect and such.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySon View Post
    "5. Click the switch below Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached so that it turns on."

That option doesn't appear for me in that section.

The problem is one similar to the one OP is describing, where any time I click a text field with the physical mouse, the virtual keyboard pops up. I'm not wiping all my data and moving to a new OS to solve it though. It was working fine for years, and I like things the way they are. Is there any help anyone can offer to make this stop happening?

The only options I see under "typing" in that menu screen have to do with how the touch kb handles autocorrect and such.
    Hi TonySon, allow us to apologize for the troubles and we'll be happy to help as best as we can. Do you experience this issue in all of your programs or in specific ones?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links