Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Cannot install ASUS Smart Gesture after Windows 10 Anniversary Update clean install

Hi All,

The title pretty much says it all. I have a T100TA-C1-GR that I recently had to replace the digitizer and lcd screen on, and that worked good. I decided to do a clean install of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and it all fell apart from there. Windows installed fine, but when I went to install Smart Gesture, I get the following error:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

Without Smart Gesture, I have no touchpad or keyboard; neither one works. Does any body have any ideas? I am really stumped and agitated. Thanks.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times

Welcome

Welcome to the forum

Have you installed the updated Windows 10 version of the ATK Package and are you trying to install the updated Windows 10 version of Smart Gesture ?
    I suggest you download new versions of both and install the ATK Package first then Smart Gesture. If unsure see the linked post for instructions on downloading from Asus
    Installed Windows 10 and lost use of touchpad

If the ATK Package and Smart Gesture are installed but not working then you can try a Repair
    Un-zip the files you downloaded
    Go to Programs and Features
    Select ATK Package
    Click on Repair
    Restart the T100

Do the same for Smart Gesture

Good luck
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)
    Asus MemoPad HD 7 - Android - 16GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi FrillyBits,

Thank you for your reply. Since this is a clean installation of Windows, I had no previous versions to remove. I installed ATK last night, and it installed just fine. I rebooted the tablet, and it still wouldn't install Smart Gesture; it gave the exact same error. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times
    Did you download a fresh copy, the copy you are trying to install might be corrupted. It's probably not the case but best to cross it off the list of possible problems.

Try right click on the SetupTPDriver (Windows Installer Package) and select Run as administrator
    If it still won't install try Run as administrator with the setup (Application) file and install (Windows batch file)
    Last edited by FrillyBits; 09-23-2016 at 11:07 AM.
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi FrillyBits,

I have downloaded the latest copy multiple times. I have also tried running each of those as an administrator, and it still gives me the error. I am getting agitated with this; I have never had this happen.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times
    I uninstalled Smart Gesture and my keyboard and touchpad still work, Smart Gesture and ATK Package are only 'enhancements' the default Windows touchpad and keyboard should still work.
    You say that neither works so it looks like you have another problem.
    Do you see HID keyboard device (2 copies) under Device Manager > Keyboards
    What do you see under Device Manager > Mice and other pointing devices Without Smart Gesture it says HID compliant mouse with Smart Gesture installed it says ASUS Touchpad

Are you sure your connection to the keyboard dock is ok
    Do you hear 2 sounds when you connect the dock
    If possible, what happens when you press fn+f9 keys together (Toggle touchpad on or off)

I installed the Anniversary Update a few days ago and now I have installed Smart Gesture again and everything went well so I don't think that is the problem

I searched Windows 10 There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected and found a lot of results. You could try some of the 'fixes' that others have posted

I'm sorry to say I am out of ideas, good luck

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links