• 2 Post By astharia

Thread: Guide: Making a custom Windows 10 iso for easy reinstall on T100HA

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times

Guide: Making a custom Windows 10 iso for easy reinstall on T100HA (or others)

Hi everyone

First, excuse if my english may be not as good as it should it's not my native language

I'm a new owner of the T100HA. But when i started it for the first time, I saw too many built-in softwares and other things that i didn't want. So I decided to search how to do a clean install on it. I discovered this forum and a topic which explain how to do it. But.... We need various hardware like a USB-c Adapter etc...

So i found a way to clean install my tablet without all that. Just by creating a custom windows .iso. I'll will try to explain how i did it in this thread
    I used a download file of Windows 10 1511 to have the most updated base system to be sure to successfully install the stuff ^^. I did it with the tablet on the dock.

Drivers backup

First you need to backup your drivers. I choose to use Driver Genius because i allready own it but if you don't, there should be alternatives. Here I only choose used drivers.

Now save the drivers where ever you want. The soft will create a folder, with folders inside containing the drivers you choosed

Creating the custom iso file
    The second part is to put these drivers in your windows 10 backup. To do this I used NtLite as free software edition.
    You have to unzip the .iso windows image file before. When it's done open this folder in NtLite. Double click on the install.wim line of windows 10.

Now it's done and the wim installation file loaded, chose in the left menu "Drivers". And go to the upper menu "Add" -> "Drivers folder" and choose the main folder where there is all the other folders with your driver's backup.

You can also choose if you want to add some program to install after the windows installation (codecs, utilities, firewall etc....) juste choose them in this menu and add them by going again in the upper menu "Add" -> "Files"

When it's done click Apply, let the soft work then click the green button in the upper left. I had some errors but i clicked continue and it worked well.

Do the same with the boot file boot.wim: Microsoft Windows Setup, but just for the drivers part.

When you're done select the main line of your windows image file like in the screenshot and click create iso.

That's it you have a backup iso file with your Windows 10 and the drivers for your tablet included. All is working perfectly !!!! I take it off the dock turn the tablet and it auto rotate succesfully

Troubleshooting during install:

-The screen is in portrait mode during installation. Once i choose my wifi (i skipped the moment when we have to put the wifi code), and the options like localisation etc... the screen turn in landscape mode succesfully. All done with the tablet docked.
    - After that it stay too long ( for me ) at the "please wait" state. I shut it off, boot it and it let me choose my user name and tadaaa desktop .
    - If you want to install an other version of Windows10 like the professional, i give you the links which helped me to add a little ei.cfg file in the iso. Because windows will install home (core) version by default.
    [Fix] Can?t Select Windows 10 Pro Edition During Clean Installation - AskVG

For now i have no problem with my t100ha and all worked well, but i reinstall the smart gesture software for the trackpad. With the software the trackpad is smoother... for me ^^
    I hope it will help you, even if my english tutorial is not perfectly writed i just wanted to thanks the community because the community helped me when i searched information on google )
    Last edited by astharia; 07-15-2016 at 05:35 AM.
    Gtanner00 and jadams5498 like this.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum

Thanks for posting your guide.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    I had never heard of this process. Love the idea of prepping the ISO with all the drivers ahead of time. Great for any device but especially relevant to the models with Bluetooth keyboards and USB C.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links