Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Windows 10 clean reinstall on T100TA - which drivers to install and in what order?

First time poster, long time lurker.

I've done my best to search in the forums for this answer, so please don't hurt me

So after doing the clean reinstall, do you have to download drivers? If so, which ones? (Like smart gesture, por ejemplo)

On the ASUS driver page, do you download the Windows 10 drivers first?

Which of the Windows 8.1 do you download?

Do you download the latest versions like for say, the chipset? Or would you download them both?

Does the order matter?

I hope I'm being clear. Thanks
    Last edited by discohaze; 04-20-2016 at 05:36 PM. Reason: grammarz

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    71 times
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TAM

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post
    I did see that. That does not answer what I am asking. It kind of just glosses over the issue about the drivers.

So I go to the ASUS driver page for Win10 and click on the ATK. There are TWO links (Oddly enough, version 1.0.0039 is dated on 7/25/15 and version 1.0.0038 is dated 10/19/15 -- so thats clear as mud) Do I download both? Do I download the one most recent? Does it matter?

Do I bother going to download the drivers in the Win8.1 section? Was that left unchanged in the re-installation? Do I download the chipset drivers for example (one or both) or don't bother? I downloaded both of them and I have TWO Intel icons in my system tray.

Another example would be the case of me downloading the broadcom wireless driver and then my wifi did not work. I went to the device manager and windows downloaded an older version that DOES WORK.

Oh, and please don't reply if you all have to offer is snark. I really did try to find these answers by myself.
    Last edited by discohaze; 04-20-2016 at 11:39 PM. Reason: added moar and moar and MOAR

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by discohaze View Post
    I did see that. That does not answer what I am asking. It kind of just glosses over the issue about the drivers.

So I go to the ASUS driver page for Win10 and click on the ATK. There are TWO links (Oddly enough, version 1.0.0039 is dated on 7/25/15 and version 1.0.0038 is dated 10/19/15 -- so thats clear as mud) Do I download both? Do I download the one most recent? Does it matter?
    -> You need to install the latest one
    Do I bother going to download the drivers in the Win8.1 section? Was that left unchanged in the re-installation? Do I download the chipset drivers for example (one or both) or don't bother? I downloaded both of them and I have TWO Intel icons in my system tray.
    -> Yes you need to download some drivers from Windows 8.1
    Another example would be the case of me downloading the broadcom wireless driver and then my wifi did not work. I went to the device manager and windows downloaded an older version that DOES WORK.

Oh, and please don't reply if you all have to offer is snark. I really like try to find these answers by myself.
    Note : When i Upgrade my T100 to Windows 10 all are working normally,I even not update my drivers except for chipset
    T100TA-windows10.32bit-sandisk 64GB microsd-bios314

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links