Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    0 times

Lightbulb [GUIDE]Touchscreen stop working after lid is closed and opened again

DEVICE: Asus T100TAS
    BIOS 214
    Windows 10
    ==============

So, my touchscreen stop working after lid is closed and opened again, and it has to do with the updated ATK Package, if it is installed, the problem will happen. After uninstalling it, the problem of touchscreen was fixed, but now Continuum mode doesnt work because it requires ATK to be installed, and without it, Windows will not change to tablet mode automatically, and it seems the F9(disable touchpad) wont work as well.

i have no idea why it happens, the drivers seems to be the same. It did happen with Win8.1 before, but very rarely.

so i came up with a temporary solution, i made a AutoHotKey script that will restart the touchscreen everytime the lid is open!

(wich by the way, i found the lid sensor is made by magnets because even if the keyboard is not attached, if you fully cover the screen with it in the corrent orientation, the tabletwill think the lid was closed)

here is the source code if you need to tweak something, maybe the touchscreen sensor name, as the script will look for "I2C HID Device" so if your device has a different name, you may need to change it in the code and recompile it (can be run without compiling, but then doesnt has nice SysTray icon)

it uses Nirsoft's DevManView and LidWatcher by Linear Spoon
    i just stick those together, add some more code, and now it works ;P

one thing i noticed is when the script is run, the clock area may glitch for half a second o:
    Last edited by janner43; 04-03-2016 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Unapproved external link removed

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome to the forum

Thanks for posting your solution - we don't allow direct file links here, so anyone wanting the script will need to PM you.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Thanks for posting your solution - we don't allow direct file links here, so anyone wanting the script will need to PM you.
    i don't know if i'll be active enough for that o:

why are file links not allowed here? is there a way to put the file directly here then, so no links are needed?

would you like to hold the file for me?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for TransformerForums.com

Addendum Two - External links
    In case it is not clear to members, here is our policy (rule) with regards to external links.

The ONLY external websites that we permit links to are mainstream ones. Such as (but not limited to) Asus, Google, Microsoft, Windows, Android, XDA, Android Police, major magazine sites & technical reference sites and other Forum Foundry owned sites.
    Links to products on Amazon or other mainstream vendors are permitted as long as they are posted by genuine members asking questions or referring to discussions or product recommendations etc.
    Links to other sites, forums etc are generally not permitted & if posted will normally be removed from your post & a note left in the edited panel.

APP & FILE DOWNLOAD LINKS
    Listing a specific app by detailed name, developer & location when relating to the following app repositories - Google Play Store, Microsoft AppStore & Amazon Appstore - is permitted as long as they are posted by regular members ONLY as normal part of a thread or discussion and are not posted by "one post members" who simply join to advertise their product. However, direct links to apps are no longer acceptable as a result of changes in the way Google handles its search engine optimisation algorithms in an attempt (by Google) to prevent app piracy; something we support fully. Posts that contain links are subject to editing & may be deleted and the member banned.

NO DIRECT FILE LINKS FOR DOWNLOADS OF APPS, ISO IMAGES OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE ARE PERMITTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHEN POSTED BY MEMBERS. This rule does not apply to forum staff members (Administrators, Moderators, Rescue Squad & Developers.)

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Luvini

Can you send me the code. Maybe paste it in patebin or somewhere and send the shortcode here - (remove the http bit and give space after the . so the bot doesnt know its a link and its not clickable)

My T100HAN is giving me the error for I2C HID Device and touch has stopped working.

Thanks for the help.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links