Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Clean Windows 10 install on T100HA (T100HAN)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    100+ to the OP. This saved my bacon. I'd set up my new T100HA with two user accounts - Microsoft and local - then I deleted the ms account, after which no password or anything I tried would get me back in. Ended up having to reset Windows but that just hung at 4% or 21% for hours until eventually all I could get was the ASUS bootup screen. Reading other posts with their install problems, bitlocker talk etc, I thought for sure I'd have to send it back to ASUS until I read this thread.

Anyway, my experience was even easier than MaximumINC's. No need for usb-C connection, ethernet adapter, or micro sdcard, but maybe I was lucky. This is what I did:

1) I got an old USB serial port hub and attached it to the USB 2.0 port on the keyboard. This way I could connect the mouse and a USB flash drive (for Windows) at the same time, though I'm not sure even if this is essential, but it certainly made it easier.
    2) I downloaded all T100HA drivers (except EMI and Safety, BIOS and manual) from this page: https://www.asus.com/au/support/Down...QCxnkPOcIC/45/
    3) On the same webpage (left side) there's a link to download Windows 10. Download the media creation tool, which I used to create a Windows installer on the USB flash drive (8gb or more), and I also copied the drivers onto this drive.
    4) Boot onto the USB drive (hit Esc at startup) and install. When asked, delete all partitions (see post #3 at the start of this thread). Windows installed just fine (without network) and mouse worked OK, though the screen was still stuck in portrait.
    5) With Windows up and running I installed the SOC package no problems and with a reboot most everything was working (including wifi) and then I installed all the other drivers one by one. Only issue was after a reboot the screen always started briefly in portrait before reverting, but eventually it righted itself.

Now the little beast is even better than before. Not sure it's any faster, though it seems to be a tad more responsive in tablet mode. Getting rid of McAfee has certainly freed up ram though, and the new Windows install only takes up 15gb compared to 30gb on the hard disk when it shipped.
    Last edited by sepa; 06-20-2017 at 06:41 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links