Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    0 times

Clean Win10 install, freezes during file copy

Hello guys,
    First of all, sorry for my bad english. :|
    Well, I bought a T100TA with 32 GB. It came with Win 8.1, and after a few hours trying to use it (I came from Win 7 and jumped directly into Win 10 with another notebook), I accepted that I should move to Win 10
    At first time I tried the upgrade, but the systems gave me an error message (which I did not took note, of course!), and then it didn't worked anymore. Then I got a fresh Win 10 32 bits from Microsoft, put it in a pen drive, and tried a new install. It didn't work neither (again, didn't take note of the error message - stupid, isnt it?). Then I tried a clean install, wiping all partitions except one called RSE (or RME, I'm not sure). All other gave me 28 GB of free space.
    Well, I choose the drive and everything starts ok copying files, but then it stops at some xx% (sometimes e%, other times 70% and so on, never the same xx%) and freezes.
    Then I turn off by holding power button for a few seconds, and starts all over again.
    Has anyone had something like this? I didn't find anything like that throughout the forum...
    PS1: Sometimes it seem like it freezes when the external HD turns off. But this HD is not used for anything (the installation is on the 32 GB disk, and the Win 10 is on a USB disk)...
    Thanks In Advance!

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

Do you have a microSD card installed? If so, try removing it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi leeshor! There's no SD card slot in this model (at least not in my note. )
    Thanks!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    You'll find similar posts & solutions here, too...
    Windows 10 build 10586 hangs @ 40% / 23% driver update

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    You'll find similar posts & solutions here, too...
    Windows 10 build 10586 hangs @ 40% / 23% driver update
    Hey janner43! I've seen this before, but none of them (the original post and the post inside it) solve my problem. It doesn't stop always at the same nn% (the 44% marker as quoted there), and I don't have anything connected, as it doesn't have a SD slot. Tonight I'll try another solution: disconnecting the keyboard base (where we have the USB port) and try to update using the micro USB port in the tablet part of the note instead... It's my last try. Hope it works.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    0 times
    WelL, just came here to say that this machine has officialy died... I've tried the method said before, but it didn't work either. Then, after a few boots, it simply didn't turn on the screen anymore, just turning on the camera light forever. I'll return to Asus tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys!
    PS: this should be my Christmas gift to my son this year. I don't believe it will return before Dec'25... :'(

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    0 times
    Good News!
    Asus told me today that I can't use the guarantee because I've tried to update to Windows 10. And if I wanna fix it, I should pay for it... can you believe that? (Brazil, obviously... )
    Well, I found here (ASUS T100TA BIOS Recovery) that maybe I had a BIOS problem, and I was right! BIOS restored.
    Then downloaded Windows 8.1 from Microsoft using MediaCrestionTool, and had one problem: during install, it asked for my Product Key, which I don't have (never though about it before!). But solved using this solution (Fresh install. Need my Windows 8.1 product key).
    Windows 8.1 is installed, but now I need to active it. I used Speccy to read my Product Key, but after Copy and Paste, it didn't work. Then I followed this link (http://www.transformerforums.com/for...oduct-key.html), which lead me to FirmwareTablesView. I retrieved my key, but when I try to activate it, Windows denied again, but this time with a message related to "this key cannot be used with this version of Windows". I'm stuck now. Don't know which version of Windows I should install to activate my license key... it's not the one available at MediaCreatonTool...
    Does anyone knows? I'm so close (again) to make it ready for Christmas. Meanwhile I'll keep searching for some solution. Keep you guys posted.
    Thank you so far!!

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    That key should be good for 8.1, then you would need to do an in-place upgrade to 10. Once 10 is activated you should be golden.

This assumes I didn't seriously miss something in your explanation.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    0 times
    Leeshor, I couldn't use that key. I'm using another Win 8.1 Key that was used to be from another computer.
    But then I had another problem: again, Windows Update (moving to Windows 10) was locking up at some point during file copy. Every time at a different % of the update.
    And digging a little bit into the web I found out that it could be related to overheating, and yes, it was! I did the update to Windows 10 with T100TA under a air conditioner and it worked!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Good grief... I think this entire story would ensure that if I were the owner of this device, now it is working it would be left in a fresh clean condition and moved on.

What a lash up...

No reflection on you cnavas...
    leeshor likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links