Thread: Experience with November (Fall) Upgrade on T100TA

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Experience with November (Fall) Upgrade on T100TA

I ran into two problems after installing the November (Fall) Update to Windows 10. First - The trackpad was back to responding to tap-to-click, which had been disabled long ago. I discovered Smart Gesture was not running in the System Tray, and there is nothing in Windows 10 Settings to turn off tap-to-click. The ATK Package, a prerequisite for Smart Gesture was no longer installed after the Update. I uninstalled Smart Gesture, downloaded and installed ATK Package, and then reinstalled Smart Gesture. Smart Gesture is now running and I tap-to-click is disabled.

Second - Sound and video simply did not work after the November Update. I tried to restore the sound and video myself, with no solution. I started a chat session with Microsoft Support. The support rep tried a number of things related to sound and the sound driver. The rep decided to install an "older" version of the sound driver. That fixed the problem. According to Device Manager I am now running a Microsoft driver version 10.0.10240.16384 for Speakers/Headphones and a Realtek driver version 6.0.1.7544 for Realtek High Definition Audio.

I hope this helps someone.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    I'll be doing an install from scratch on my t100tam in the coming week(s). Was going to do a customized wimboot arrangement but never got around to it. Then windows 10 came out... Then fall update.

I don't use the tablet all that much. Very light browsing and connecting to my dash cam to pull content off.

Will post an update about any challenges once I do it.
    T100TAM 64GB, Bios v205

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Please post in the correct section.

Moved to T100 W10 section

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviddubya View Post
    I ran into two problems after installing the November (Fall) Update to Windows 10. First - The trackpad was back to responding to tap-to-click, which had been disabled long ago. I discovered Smart Gesture was not running in the System Tray, and there is nothing in Windows 10 Settings to turn off tap-to-click. The ATK Package, a prerequisite for Smart Gesture was no longer installed after the Update. I uninstalled Smart Gesture, downloaded and installed ATK Package, and then reinstalled Smart Gesture. Smart Gesture is now running and I tap-to-click is disabled.

Second - Sound and video simply did not work after the November Update. I tried to restore the sound and video myself, with no solution. I started a chat session with Microsoft Support. The support rep tried a number of things related to sound and the sound driver. The rep decided to install an "older" version of the sound driver. That fixed the problem. According to Device Manager I am now running a Microsoft driver version 10.0.10240.16384 for Speakers/Headphones and a Realtek driver version 6.0.1.7544 for Realtek High Definition Audio.

I hope this helps someone.
    Thanks for the tips, I'm planning to do an update soon.

Anyway, what do you mean by the video didn't work?
    You mean your webcam didn't work? Or you just can't play any videos?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    1 times
    This version has serious problems with my T100TA, I've done also several fresh installation, but I have always the same issue: after a restart if you try to go to settings- screen or (right click on desktop - screen setting) the window seems to freeze and then start to works again only after some minutes (4-5) then is working normally even if I shutdown the pc and turn on again, but if I do restart, the problem is there again.

Is happening only to me?

P.S Sorry for my bad english

gnz
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Failed to update via Windows Update (I had ~8GB available, on 32GB T100), I used Media Creation Tool to update.

After cleanup I now have 11GB available

...but scrolling touchpad no longer works, and webcam is recognized but not available ( I always use VLC to test my webcam, it's not even showing on capture devices, but it's there in Device Manager )

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leijlo View Post
    This version has serious problems with my T100TA, I've done also several fresh installation, but I have always the same issue: after a restart if you try to go to settings- screen or (right click on desktop - screen setting) the window seems to freeze and then start to works again only after some minutes (4-5) then is working normally even if I shutdown the pc and turn on again, but if I do restart, the problem is there again.

Is happening only to me?

P.S Sorry for my bad english

It seems to depend from the invense g-sensor driver. If i disable that driver everyrhing is loading fine. I've tried with all the driver version. we have to wait
    PiGeon likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leijlo View Post
    It seems to depend from the invense g-sensor driver. If i disable that driver everyrhing is loading fine. I've tried with all the driver version. we have to wait
    I have just registered in this forum to confirm that the InvenSense Sensor Collection (ACPI\NVN6500\3&35F3E24A&0) seems really be the source of all the issues I have had until todays reinstall of Windows 10 and disabling the device right after install even before connecting the Asus T100TA of my friend to internet.

I was and still am even afraid to enable the device again to confirm, because disabling of the device before the reinstall from scratch didn't seem to help. It might be it caused some corruption of the system before or it may be the uncountable resets I made because it hardly ever made it to see the desktop after rebooting.

Almost all drivers came via Windows Update. I had to install manually only drivers mentioned below:
    Camera Sensor MT9M114
    Intel Power Management IC Device
    Intel Sideband Fabric Device
    Just right click the unknown devices then choose properties, there change to the driver tab and press the Update Driver button and then choose “Browse my computer for..” then click on the Browse button and point the device manager wizard to the downloaded folder where you unpacked the SOCPackage_Intel_BayT_T100TA_W81_32_VER112 from Asus downloads page and click on Next.
    No need to install the whole package. Actually I was afraid to install it all. 

But then I realized that the brightness buttons are not working and I decided to install the ATKPackage_Win10_32_VER100039 and after a while the hell started again 
    So my now weeks long taking frustration is not gone yet as I initially thought
    Currently running the System reset, let’s see how it ends, last time it didn’t work and I had to reinstall.

PiGeon

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I’m back
    In the end it looks like at least in my case it is the ATKPackage which makes the T100TA unusable with the Windows 10 November Update version (1511) build 10586

After the Windows Reset in which I chose to keep just my files the system surprisingly kept also the manually installed drivers. It even enabled the InvenSense Sensor Collection device again. And in the evenlogs and WU log I could find that a while after reset it automatically downloaded the Asus Smart gesture via windows update. I can also see it in control panels features and programs list.
    It downloads a version 4.09 on Asus website there is just the 4.06 as the last one.
    Here is the link to the WU cab file EDIT - removed per forum guidelines

BTW I did the reset while booted into the recovery environment from the USB windows install medium.

I think I will keep it as is, without the ATKpackage even that it means I will not be able to use some of the keys in the top row of the keyboard. Luckily I can use the touch for all the necessary ones.

Regards

PiGeon
    Last edited by janner43; 11-24-2015 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Post was quarantined pending approval. Link now removed & reinstated

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    0 times
    Not sure what happened but my todays post dissapeared after I edited the post and additionally inserted a link to a driver update.
    Luckily I had almost all the text still available offline so below is the almost original text of the post:

Hi, I’m back
    In the end it looks like at least in my case it is the ATKPackage which makes the T100TA unusable with the Windows 10 November Update version (1511) build 10586

After the Windows Reset in which I chose to keep just my files the system surprisingly kept also the manually installed drivers. It even enabled the InvenSense Sensor Collection device again. And in the evenlogs and WU log I could find that a while after reset it automatically downloaded the Asus Smart gesture via windows update. I can also see it in control panels features and programs list.
    In comparison to what is available on Asus website the version on WU is newer (4.0.9)

BTW I did the reset while booted into the recovery environment from the USB windows install medium.
    I think I will keep it as is, without the ATKpackage even that it means I will not be able to use some of the keys in the top row of the keyboard. Luckily I can use the touch for all the necessary actions.

Regards

PiGeon

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links