• 1 Post By steeza

Thread: My T100 CHI shows Error code 0xc0000225 after updating to windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    0 times

Question My T100 CHI shows Error code 0xc0000225 after updating to windows 10

Hey Everyone,

I'm really confused by this issue and I've searched the whole forum but i couldn't find a post/thread that addresses my problem, I've successfully updated my Win 8.1 to Win 10 on T100 CHI and everything was running smoothly well at least the last time i checked it but after a couple of days i turned on my device and i got the following message:

"The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.
    File: \Windows\system32\winload.efi
    Error code: 0xc0000225"

I tried to get into the recovery mode using F8/F9 but whatever i do it leads right back to the blue screen with the same error, so i googled it and found the most of the people are talking about using a bootable USB flash drive with Windows/8/8.1/10 on it and then it's up to you whether you want to repair it using the repair option or using the command prompt and also using the "DiskPart" command to resign the volume from which i understood but here's the thing since it's a touchscreen device i can't do anything using the screen so i had to use an external keyboard (i can't use the keyboard that comes with it because it uses Bluetooth) and i only have a one single port OTG cable anyway used my USB3.0 Powered HUB and managed to get into the boot manager but when attempt to boot from the flash drive i get to no respond and i find myself looking at that hideous blue screen again, so i don't know what to do in order to get into the windows installation window so i can try repairing it from there, so guys any idea how to successfully boot from the USB Flash Drive?

Note: i think this might be a stupid question but i suspect that it might be where i got it wrong, my question is does the T100 CHI have 64bit architecture capability? because i think i used a 64bit iso on my USB drive.

I'd really appreciate any helpful tip/input on this

Thank you in advance.

T100 CHI.jpg

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    1 times
    I know it's a few months late, but I had the same issue recently and found this post looking for answers.

Here's what I did: (Your mileage may vary and you are on your own if it goes wrong, but it worked for me)

Recovery Steps
    1) Bought a micro-USB on the go HUB (preferably one that supports 2 USB devices [for your keyboard and mouse] and an SD card reader slot)
    2) Went to https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10
    2.1) used the media creator tool to create a win 10 32-bit install on an SD Card
    3) Attached the following to the micro usb hub:
    * USB keyboard
    * USB mouse
    * SD card with win 10 install media
    4) Attached the hub to the CHI's micro usb port
    5) Either:
    # pressed the on button whilst holding in the volume up button (to force a boot from USB[this can be a bit finicky, if you see a little hourglass then it seems to boot from USB])
    or
    # at the error screen pressed the windows button and configure your device's boot order to USB first, then restart.
    6) On the first screen, selected country/language etc.
    7) Pressed next.
    8) On the next screen, did NOT select "Install", instead, pressed "R".
    9) Entered recovery mode screen.
    10) in my case it was simply required to get to the "Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Repair" option.
    11) Selected windows 10 icon, provided bitlocker key (since I did not want to nuke my drive content and my drive was encrypted).
    12) Windows repaired itself.

This does not require any windows product codes (and if your drive isn't encrypted you probably wouldn't need the bitlocker key).

Again, may not work for everyone, worked for me.

Key points being:
    * It was not possible to get into recovery mode on this device with the "usual steps"
    * This does not work with the provided Bluetooth keyboard.
    * I needed "recovery media" which can be created by the MS media creator tool (even though you didn't want to reinstall, so you I didn't need a product key) I don't know what would happen if you use other repair options)
    * I needed to find a way to force the device to boot from usb.
    Last edited by steeza; 01-28-2016 at 10:39 AM.
    janner43 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAR
    Liked
    0 times

Use Advanced Startup Option

Quote Originally Posted by lfc_reds View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I'm really confused by this issue and I've searched the whole forum but i couldn't find a post/thread that addresses my problem, I've successfully updated my Win 8.1 to Win 10 on T100 CHI and everything was running smoothly well at least the last time i checked it but after a couple of days i turned on my device and i got the following message:

"The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

I tried to get into the recovery mode using F8/F9 but whatever i do it leads right back to the blue screen with the same error, so i googled it and found the most of the people are talking about using a bootable USB flash drive with Windows/8/8.1/10 on it and then it's up to you whether you want to repair it using the repair option or using the command prompt and also using the "DiskPart" command to resign the volume from which i understood but here's the thing since it's a touchscreen device i can't do anything using the screen so i had to use an external keyboard (i can't use the keyboard that comes with it because it uses Bluetooth) and i only have a one single port OTG cable anyway used my USB3.0 Powered HUB and managed to get into the boot manager but when attempt to boot from the flash drive i get to no respond and i find myself looking at that hideous blue screen again, so i don't know what to do in order to get into the windows installation window so i can try repairing it from there, so guys any idea how to successfully boot from the USB Flash Drive?

Note: i think this might be a stupid question but i suspect that it might be where i got it wrong, my question is does the T100 CHI have 64bit architecture capability? because i think i used a 64bit iso on my USB drive.

Thank you in advance.

T100 CHI.jpg
    Use Advanced Startup Option

Before getting this HP Error Code 0xc0000225, did you create a Recovery Media Flash Drive or did you delete any partitions on the C drive? If yes, then you should try to immediate follow these steps.

Press the “Power” button and immediately start tapping the “F11” key.
    Then you should get you to the “Advanced startup Options” menu.
    Now you have to select “Repair Your Computer” option.
    In case this the option “Repair Your Computer”, didn’t work, then you should restart your PC again and go back to the “Advanced Startup Options” menu as before and this time choose “startup repair” option.
    Now you can try a refresh your Windows 8 which might assist to fix the error code 0xc0000225
    Last edited by janner43; 05-05-2018 at 03:47 PM. Reason: unapproved external link removed

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lfc_reds View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Thank you in advance.

T100 CHI.jpg
    Hi lfc_reds, allow us to apologize for the inconveniences experienced with your device and we'll be happy to help. Was it a clean installation that you did? Yes, this device does support Windows 10 x64 if the device already had a 64 bit operating system. Models that has 32 bit operating system doesn't function properly when used with a 64 bit OS. Based on the image it seems that your system files are corrupt or missing. The recovery options using F9 would indeed not work in these instances. If you did not create a recovery drive before installing Windows 10, you can try to install Windows 10 once again. However, you can send us a private message with your serial number for us to check which version of Windows came pre-installed on your device.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links