Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By o_neto
  • 1 Post By darkwolfx

Thread: Lost gestures from touchpad after Windows 10 update (drivers updated)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times

Lost gestures from touchpad after Windows 10 update (drivers updated)

I upgraded to Windows 10 and everything wents fine, then I plugged a USB mouse and after I undock the tablet, I lost the gestures from touchpad.

Already upgraded atk and smart gesture drivers, but it don't work, there's a fix? Even if I need to manually modify the register via regedit.

(T100TA)

edit:

After a full year unable to use gestures from touchpad, I finally found a solution for this issue!

Here's a step-by-step which worked for me:

1) Download The T100 chi latest touchpad and ATK drivers for windows 10 from ASUS website. Don't install yet

2) Press "windows + X" and choose programs and resources, then uninstall "ASUS smart gesture" and "ATK package". Restart.

3) Unzip and install latest ATK driver for t100 chi, restart.
    (I choose "just for me" option unsted "install for everyone", let me know if both options work)

4) Unzip and install latest touchpad (smartgesture) driver for t100 chi by clicking setup.exe, restart.
    (again, I choose "just for me").

5) Enjoy

after the last restart I already have two fingers scroll, two fingers click, three, four finges, everything works fine, thanks to the answer from Caster on this thread
    Last edited by o_neto; 11-24-2015 at 11:10 AM. Reason: finally found a solution
    meisjohn likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    1 times
    Just curious, have you been getting notifications after you upgraded Windows 10, that your touchpad is being updated and such?

After I did move to W10, I got that notification about...3 times easily (probably some updates) done by Asus Update.

I would back up, uninstall the drivers you have right now (delete), restart and let it update them by themselves if that doesn't work; I would repeat and install them from Asus website (W8.1).
    rickscheller likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times
    Actually, ASUS update never worked for me since I bought this tablet/PC. But I'll give a try, thanks.

edit: Didn't work. As I said, even with mouse without drivers, Asus update don't notify anything.

Someone at least could copy and paste the entries from regedit for Asus touchpad? I think I can manually fix this.
    Last edited by o_neto; 08-21-2015 at 07:54 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm still without solution, I updated the first post to add some information may be useful.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    It's not likely that a registry edit can fix this. It's highly more likely it's a driver installation issue.

Have you gone into Device Manager and deleted the Asus Touchpad and the driver found under Mice and other pointing devices? Then fully power cycle your T100. Then install the Asus Smart gesture software.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    It's not likely that a registry edit can fix this. It's highly more likely it's a driver installation issue.

Have you gone into Device Manager and deleted the Asus Touchpad and the driver found under Mice and other pointing devices? Then fully power cycle your T100. Then install the Asus Smart gesture software.
    I did that a considerable number of times, one of these I became unable to use touchpad until I reinstalled the driver. still don't work for me, I will contact ASUS support

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times
    It's working!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    My problem was everytime I tried to reinstall the drivers I ran into the problem that others noted that it would load almost all the way, but then give an error message and rollback. Unfortunately, I could not uninstall the Asus Smart Gesture because it was not showing up in Programs and Features. I tried all of the different options from this website and others many times, with no luck. I basically was ready to just give up on Smart Gestures. I had also tried System Mechanics registry cleaner and still no luck.

Finally, I had an issue updating a Dell computer to Windows 10. It was a very different piece of software, but the solution to that issue gave me a new path to try here, that ended up working. Again, I had an issue with software that needed to be uninstalled that did not exist in Programs and Features. I saw one recommendation to try one of the freeware or trial 3rd party uninstaller programs. I used Revo Unistaller, the trial version. It found and removed the offending software including all registry entries on my Dell and I was able to fix my issue on that PC. I figured, what the hell and tried the same thing on my Asus T100. It found and removed ALL of the remnants of the Smart Gesture software, including Registry entries. I then tried to install the drivers one last time and viola!, they loaded. This was probably after 20+ prior attempts. And the drivers are now working as expected! Yeah!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello everyone,

Not trying to revive an old thread here, but I just had the same issue and solved it differently. I just went to add/remove programs and right clicked on Asus Smart Gesture, chose "Modify" then "Repair", restarted and all my touchpad gestures are back on track. No need to download drivers or reinstall anything. I also use an external mouse every once in a while.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    0 times
    Latest Windows 10 update Removes Asus Touchpad Driver and due to it a lot of others issues has raised like touchpad not operating properly or even not working at all. I know 3 solutions which i like to share here.
    1: Roll Back the Changes in Device Manager. For this purpose, You need to open Device Manager window. Find your touchpad driver and open the properties window and go on Driver tab and select Roll Back Driver option.
    2: Sometimes Touchpad has Been Accidentally Turned off. You can use (F9) toggles the Touchpad on and off on certain models of Asus laptops.
    3: You can uninstall all touchpad drivers and download the Asus One and this is the easy way to get rid of this problem. Here is source link https://appuals.com/fix-windows-10-update-removes-asus-touchpad-driver/ where you can get more information.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links