Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times
    I don't know if it's apropriate to post here, or I should create another topic, but

I upgraded to Windows 10 and everything wents fine, then I plugged a USB mouse and I lost the gestures from touchpad.
    Already upgraded atk and asus smart gesture drivers, but it don't work, there's a fix? Even if I need to manually modify the register via regedit.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    I have had the notification come up two or three times when the T100 is coming out of sleep state that it is updating the touchscreen driver do not turn off the device, I hit OK and then another window pops up saying it is ok to restart. Every time this has occurred I have to restart to recover the smart gestures. The touchpad works just not the smart gestures. I have not determined what is triggering this upgrade because the driver does not change in device manager for the touchpad. Not as big of an issue as loosing the touchpad but still annoying. Something seems to be triggering the T100 to either update the driver or think it is updating the driver.

Appreciate every ones comments and I will try the Fn9 key the next time I loose the touchpad function.

David
    David

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Well I just tried the Fn F9 to try to recover the touchpad. It did not wok for me but did seem to lock the smart pad off and I could not recover the touchpad with any of the methods that I have used successfully in the past - undocking the screen or crashing with the power button. I then deleted the driver, and restarted to reload driver and still it did not work. Tried the screen undocking and power again, still did not work. Restarted a couple times and after restarting tried the Fn F9 key in desperation again and the pointer finally popped up and seems to be functioning normally.

Seems as if the F9 (touchpad) was toggled off and for whatever reason I could not get it to toggle back on. This was a 30 minute exercise of frustration. A bit paranoid of the F9 key now.

Any thoughts,
    David
    David

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times

Fn F9

I am not sure how the fn F9 key functions. When I disable using it, the Touchpad does not show as disabled in Device Manager, but it definitely disables/enables the touchpad, Toggle like.
    It may have been your machine was busy with other tasks and the key sequence was just taking longer to react. I get a 1 Second Blue Circle that appears and disappears each fn F9 sequence I do.
    Next time it locks up, give the fn F9 a try by doing the combination twice with 8 seconds in between the 1st (Disabling) and 2nd (Enabling) sequence.
    It would seem the 1st sequence is disabling (even though its locked up and not functional) then the second sequence enabling.
    What you may have done previously was disabled it with the 1st sequence then didn't do the re-enable... until 30 minutes later.
    Interesting to know that your hard restart didn't reset the Fn F9 initial disabling Sequence. You would think it would.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda2405 View Post
    The touchpad intermittently stops functioning when bringing the T100 from sleep state. Seems to be almost 100% of the time if an App is left open, maybe only 25-50% of time if all Apps are closed and you wait for 30 seconds or so before closing the display.

I have loaded the Windows 10 touch pad driver from ASUS. I have removed it and reloaded it a couple times. When checking device manager when the touch pad has stopped working, device manager shows it working normally.

The only way I have found to recover from the touchpad stopping is to force shut down the laptop with the power button and then reboot with the power button. Using any of the power commands, the touch pad continues to not function.

I also am experiencing the mail program occasionally locking up and even a little less often crashing. Recovering is easy, either restarting the app or shutting it down and restarting. Are others experiencing this?

Thanks for any help,
    David
    Hello David

We're very sorry you've been having difficulty with your touch pad after updating from Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10. We have had reports of this issue from several customers since the release of Windows 10 and we are working feverishly to provide a final resolution for this issue. Our technical support teams have tried troubleshooting this issue by first uninstalling the driver that governs touch pad functions and restarting the notebook. If this is unsuccessful, we have also had success with using the Windows 8.1 touch pad drivers from our ASUS support website. This link will take you directly to the T100TA support page in which you may download drivers: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TA

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you for choosing ASUS products and services. You may refer to this case number in the event that you contact our technical support team in the future: N150843933

Thank you,
    -In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    I am not sure why but the issue has gotten much better, aka it does not occur as frequently.

The last time it did occur I tried the Fn F9 to turn it off waited 10 seconds or so and then tried Fn F9 again and it still did not work. Did something similar to what it did the previous time I tried this, took many reboots docking and undocking and pressing the Fn F9 key to finally enable the touchpad. It does seem the F9 key disables the touchpad but for whatever reason I am unable to re-enable it wth the same key stroke, I noticed on reboot the cursor would pop on screen momentarily then either disappear or be non respond to the touchpad.

As stated it seems issue may be resolving itself probably through other updates that have been loaded through auto updates.

If it continues to problematic, I will try the suggestions from ASUS above.

Thanks,
    David
    David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links