Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times

Question windows 10 installation failed on T100 - unable to boot on any system now [Bootloop]

Hi guys, here is my issue. I tried to upgrade my asus T100 (T100TAF ?) from windows 8.1 to windows 10. i did it before on my main computer and then to a old notebook without any difficulty.
    So I was confident enough to do it with my T100, I tried a first time but the installation was anormally long compare to the others so i cancelled and when I reboot after a "restore old windows" everything was okay.
    Then I tried a second time, it was really long so, i let it worked all night and at the morning I find my T100 booting, going to the "restore old windows" screen and then rebooting again and again.

Assuming that my windows was corrupt, I tried to go to the bios/UEFI to enable booting directly from my USB, here is my second problem, in the Bios in "boot option priorities" I have only one option "Boot option #1 windows boot manager".
    So I have a windows ISO on my USB that I made with Rufus, a backup of my old windows in a Micro SD (made during the upgrade) but I can't boot on my USB.
    I was wondering if i should upgrade the Bios, which is a bit scary because i saw on some post that some people "blocked" their device like that, and I'm not even sure if it will help me booting on the USB.

I hope you guys can help me find out a solution
    Last edited by GhostPxL; 08-02-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    About upgrading the bios, i saw that i should not use Easy Flash or other tools, the only one I should use is WinFlash, ok but i can only access to the bios of the device.
    Hopefully i checked other threads before I was about to use Easy Flash. It's maybe a stupid question but I'm still wondering if Easy Flash ( the only one that I can use from the bios) will brick my device even if I use the right update.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostPxL View Post
    About upgrading the bios, i saw that i should not use Easy Flash or other tools, the only one I should use is WinFlash, ok but i can only access to the bios of the device.
    Hopefully i checked other threads before I was about to use Easy Flash. It's maybe a stupid question but I'm still wondering if Easy Flash ( the only one that I can use from the bios) will brick my device even if I use the right update.
    EasyFlash will quite likely destroy your T100. Please don't run EasyFlash.

Sounds like you need to create a USB device with Windows 8.1 (or Win10) ISO on it and boot to that to reinstall the OS.

You may have to download and install all Asus drivers... so make sure you have at least the Broadcom driver on a separate USB to install since first since you'll need that to get all the other drivers and Win updates. If you ISO to Win8.1, make sure you go through the several update cycles to apply all the updates. Don't forget going to the MS Store to update to download and install update 1.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links