Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade to Windows 10 on a 32GB T100 using a bootable USB drive (Works well!)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Me too . Maybe because we have the same model t100taf that have a different recovery partition

The upgrade was stopped for lacking of free space.
    To continue , win10 upgrade software ask me to free more space (but it's impossible ) or to insert a 10gb USB stick (where transfer win8 recovery files). I choose this option

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Me too . Maybe because we have the same model t100taf that have a different recovery partition

The upgrade was stopped for lacking of free space.
    To continue , win10 upgrade software ask me to free more space (but it's impossible ) or to insert a 10gb USB stick (where transfer win8 recovery files). I choose this option
    I am in the process of trying to upgrade to Windows 10 and I initially had similar issues with space and the recovery partition. By resetting to factory setting though, I have been able to go from about 4-5gb to about 15gb on a clean reset of Windows 8.1. I hope to now be able to upgrade to Windows 10 easily ... I'll let you know but in the mean time have you tried to go back to factory settings of Windows 8.1 to reclaim space on your HD?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum Derek

We have an excellent step by step guide to the W10 upgrade. Stickied in this section, I commend it to you.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by derekisastro View Post
    I am in the process of trying to upgrade to Windows 10 and I initially had similar issues with space and the recovery partition. By resetting to factory setting though, I have been able to go from about 4-5gb to about 15gb on a clean reset of Windows 8.1. I hope to now be able to upgrade to Windows 10 easily ... I'll let you know but in the mean time have you tried to go back to factory settings of Windows 8.1 to reclaim space on your HD?
    So my experience so far ... Asus T100TAF, 32gb model.

Factory reset to Windows 8.1, a full clean install. Allowed Windows update to install all the critical updates (some 190+ of them). I then used the USB method described here, Windows 10 home 32 bit, downloaded on my home PC.

Attempted to update via the USB and clicking "setup.exe". I get an error message citing lack of space and claiming I need 17.2gb of free space to continue the Windows 10 update ... yes, 17.2gb is what it said.

I then attempted to do it via the Windows 10 icon in the task bar method (as I noticed I now had the Windows 10 free upgrade icon showing since my factory reset of WIndows 8.1).

It once again failed, due to lack of space, quoting 15.6gb of space needed ...

Any thoughts? Ideas?

I am going to attmep to so called "definitive guide" after doing another factory reset to Windows 8.1 ... hopefully that method works ...

Pop
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300L
    Liked
    0 times
    you can try update de BIOS ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop View Post
    What version of BIOS should I be running? I believe I am up to date with my BIOS.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by derekisastro View Post
    What version of BIOS should I be running? I believe I am up to date with my BIOS.
    I doubt pop would know. He is asking about an android app in another thread while his profile states he has a Windows T300L

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop View Post
    I did not need to update my BIOS.

My continued experience is such ...

I continued to get "you need X amount of space" issues. It was ultimately resolved by using the update method that left my USB slot open so that I could insert a (in my case 64gb) USB stick to give the PC more "room" with which to instal Windows 10. It then went ahead normally.

To re-iterate ... T100TAF 32gb model with a clean factory reset of Windows 8.1 ... which did NOT leave me enough room (according to the Windows 10 upgrade options).

Cheers.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    My girlfriend has a 32gb t100 which has the extra 500gb hard drive or similar in the keyboard.

She has 8.1 installed and has the offer of windows 10. I'd like to install Windows 10 on it but wonder if the 32g can really run it. She's not got much on it currently, the pictures etc are on her keyboard/ base unit hard drive and she still struggles for room. Should have gone for the 64g version!

Anyhow, is W10 going to be more of a pain or the same situation but a different (hopefully nicer) OS.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerbreadMan View Post
    My girlfriend has a 32gb t100 which has the extra 500gb hard drive or similar in the keyboard.

She has 8.1 installed and has the offer of windows 10. I'd like to install Windows 10 on it but wonder if the 32g can really run it. She's not got much on it currently, the pictures etc are on her keyboard/ base unit hard drive and she still struggles for room. Should have gone for the 64g version!

Anyhow, is W10 going to be more of a pain or the same situation but a different (hopefully nicer) OS.
    Welcome to the forum GingerbreadMan - Check out the freeing up space link in my Signature. The following links may also be some help.

Windows 10 requirements:
    Windows 10 Specifications & System Requirements - Microsoft

A review of Windows 10 - published February 12, 2016:
    Windows 10 review | TechRadar
    Last edited by Swipe; 02-15-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links