Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] Upgrade to Windows 10 on a 32GB T100 using a bootable USB drive (Works well!)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibby View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. It seems to work fine on my tablet. I'd try doing the Windows updates or downloading the latest BIOS and drivers from the ASUS website.
    Tried uninstalling / reinstalling the drivers, no luck so far. It might sort itself out, I don't use the camera much do its no big loss.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    3 times
    Ive successfully upgraded, but I would like to do a clean install....Anyone know if it will work if I use a key finder software and use THAT key when it asks for one during the clean install?

Edemfinaki
    Omg omg omg!!!it worked i have a fully functioning t200 with windows 10.thanks to the guide and the t100 people who are the only people that helped me.thank you so much!!!!
    rickscheller likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieDoin2 View Post
    Ive successfully upgraded, but I would like to do a clean install....Anyone know if it will work if I use a key finder software and use THAT key when it asks for one during the clean install?
    It seems you don't need to fish for your product key... read starting at this post...

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post346323

It would seem you just keep hitting "skip" during the clean install when it asks for the product key.

After already successfully upgrading my ME400C to Win10 last week, I'm now in the process of attempting a clean install using the Media Creation Tool. I really want to recover the "old" Win8 recovery partitions and have Win10 be the "new" recovery.

According to those posts, it seems it should work. Wish me luck.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Edemfinaki
    I got continuum working now.my tablet had a lot of troubles with win 10 and i thought I am doomed.thanks to all the people that helped me installing it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Reinstalled the soc download from asus' website. Camera now works :-)

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    It seems you don't need to fish for your product key... read starting at this post...

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post346323
    I really want to recover the "old" Win8 recovery partitions and have Win10 be the "new" recovery.
    Please let me know if and how that worked!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    22 times
    I upgraded my T100TA today. It took a little over an hour and a half including updates, which I did after the main install. I still have to check a few things but everything seems to have gone OK. I had a slightly different setup from what I think is mainstream in that I have a 64GB micro-SD card as drive D: which I set up at the start to hold my Program Files folder for newly installed programs.

Before the upgrade, I had about 4.5 GB free on my drive C and a little under 10 GB free on drive D. I used a 16 GB USB drive E which I'd set up with the Media Creation tool and that took up 2.44 GB, so I could have used a 4GB drive. My drive ended up with 7.21 GB free so it gained 2.71 GB. But I can free up even more soon as it has two folders named $Windows.~BT (from when I reserved Windows 10) and $Windows.~WS (created when I used the Media Creation tool, I think) which add up to 7.05 GB. So I'll end up with over 14 GB free out of 32 GB. Not a bad deal at all.

There's also a $WINDOWS.~TMP folder on my D drive with 4.39 GB of files. This was created when the Media Creation tool told me there wasn't enough space on my C drive to update and I told it to use drive D. So if you're short of space, this is the way to upgrade. If you don't have a micro-SD card, it might be possible to use the USB drive if it's at least an 8 GB one.

I noticed that some people have had problems with lower sound volume. I just checked mine and it's just as loud as it was before. Which, of course, isn't really loud enough, but there you go. Also, a couple of icons went missing from my desktop but it's simple enough to put them back. If I find anything else of interest, I'll report back in this thread.
    rickscheller and mdwh like this.
    Garry Knight
    Asus Transformer Book T100

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Used [GUIDE] Upgrade to Windows 10 on a 32GB T100 using a bootable USB drive as posted by Jibby. It worked perfectly. The only additional step was to upgrade the Intel chip rivers from the Asus Global site. I now have a T100TA with 16 gigs spare memory. Thanks for posting this very useful guide.
    Last edited by mike.francis; 08-20-2015 at 02:25 PM. Reason: missspell word
    Jibby likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey guys. I have a problem about the windows activation..
    After downloading windows 10 from a different pc, I then proceeded to installing it on my T100 (32GB).. I just left it there during installing. When I got back, the pc was off, then I turned it on and it says "Restoring your previous version of Windows", I waited but it doesn't show any progress. So I booted up my flash drive and did a clean install of Windows 10.. And as you said, I need to update to
    Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 first (which I thought it updated), but I guessed it didnt. So I got the product key problem, I can't activate Windows using my product key. Question: If I do a clean install of Windows 8.1(since there is no recovery file available) and used my product key to activate it , then upgrade to Windows 10, will my Windows 10 be activated? it's my fault that I didn't monitor my t100 during the whole installation process I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links