Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [DISCUSSION][GUIDE]T100 Chi and Windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    4 times
    Build 10074 out in the wild. Rumored to be the preview build for BUILD conference.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    4 times
    10074 build confirmed. ISO available.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    18 times
    Do you know if this will be available through windows update (fast track)? I'm on 10061 and would rather not go through the hassle of reinstalling drivers apps etc.

Edit: nevermind, it showed up in windows update.
    Last edited by buckeyestargazer; 04-29-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    18 times
    Well after a few weeks running windows 10 tech preview build 10074 I'm forced to return to windows 8.1 I really like windows 10 but the battery life is really bad. Even with the tablet plugged in, during use the battery is drained. Everything seemed to run well with windows 10, althought I did have a few blue screen reboots. I strongly suspect that win10 is the battery life culprit, and I'm really hoping that with the official windows 10 release the battery issue will be resolved.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    I was wondering if any T100 Chi's have been upgraded to Windows 10 yet. I received the icon saying it was reserved, but it has not yet downloaded. I have also seen instructions online about how to force 10 to download and install. I'd be interested in trying it, but was curious if other T100 Chi's have successfully upgraded. So far I have not found any evidence for it.

For the last few weeks I have not been able to install Windows updates, and I don't know if that might prevent a Windows 10 install from happening. It is showing 8 important updates and 2 optional ones. I have tried several tips and tricks to get them to install, but nothing works.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    18 times
    On Wednesday I installed the Windows 10 iso on my T100Chi. If you want to try it, do a search for Windows 10 iso. You'll find a little program from MS called mediacreationtool.exe This will allow you to download and install windows 10.

The program will give you the option to update your computer, or to do a clean install. I attempted to do the clean install first. After some false starts because I didn't have enough space on the drive, I managed to install win10. The problem is that it installs without all the drivers from ASUS, which makes it nearly impossible to use. It was slow and buggy. So I restored windows 8.1 from a recovery flash drive that I created.

Next I tried to update to windows 10 instead of the clean install. This went much better. I would highly recommend doing the update instead of the clean install for the T100Chi.

After two days the tablet is running windows 10 fine. I have had 1 BSOD, but I had a few of those with win8.1 too. I definitely like win10 so far over win8.1

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    I recently installed the Windows 10 release version on my Asus Chi t100. The issue I'm having is that W10 does not recognize the bluetooth keyboard. The keyboard is fully charged. When I turn the keyboard on, the blue LED will light up once, turn off, then flash 10 times, as if searching, then turn off again. If I type on it, W10 will not receive the input. Every once in a while the LED will flash 10 times again, as if searching for a device. I have flashed the newest bios (203), and installed the ATKPackage to no avail. Bluetooth is turn on in the W10 options, but when I go to search for a device, it cannot find the keyboard. I can easily find my phone using W10 bluetooth, so the issue seems to only be with the keyboard.

Is anyone having this issue, or have any suggestions for how to fix it?
    Last edited by adrianscholl; 08-02-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianscholl View Post
    I recently installed the Windows 10 release version on my Asus Chi t100. The issue I'm having is that W10 does not recognize the bluetooth keyboard. The keyboard is fully charged. When I turn the keyboard on, the blue LED will light up once, turn off, then flash 10 times, as if searching, then turn off again. If I type on it, W10 will not receive the input. Every once in a while the LED will flash 10 times again, as if searching for a device. I have flashed the newest bios (203), and installed the ATKPackage to no avail. Bluetooth is turn on in the W10 options, but when I go to search for a device, it cannot find the keyboard.

Is anyone having this issue, or have any suggestions for how to fix it?
    The keyboard has to be paired with the tablet again. In the taskbar (lower right corner) you will right click on the bluetoot icon and choose "show bluetooth devices." Then push the power button on the keyboard (or press any key) and the tablet should recognize the keyboard and ask to pair it. Once you click on "pair" it will probably ask you to enter a code on the keyboard and then press enter. (if it doesn't ask for a code, there should be another option to do so). The one bleeping problem with this is that the keyboard doesn't stay active very long. So you need to input the long string of numbers on the keyboard and push enter very quickly before the keyboard times out.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyestargazer View Post
    The keyboard has to be paired with the tablet again. In the taskbar (lower right corner) you will right click on the bluetoot icon and choose "show bluetooth devices." Then push the power button on the keyboard (or press any key) and the tablet should recognize the keyboard and ask to pair it. Once you click on "pair" it will probably ask you to enter a code on the keyboard and then press enter. (if it doesn't ask for a code, there should be another option to do so). The one bleeping problem with this is that the keyboard doesn't stay active very long. So you need to input the long string of numbers on the keyboard and push enter very quickly before the keyboard times out.
    Thank you! I feel a bit silly. I found out how to do it RIGHT after I made my post. For anyone else, some more detail: go to Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth. HOLD the keyboard button in the right position (bluetooth symbol). The keyboard should pop up and allow you to pair it to the tablet, in the manner /u/buckeyestargazer describes.

Speaking of which, thanks for the quick response, /u/buckeyestargazer! Hopefully anyone else having the same issue is able to fix it using our posts.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    I am still having trouble with the Windows 10 update. My first issue was the failure to recognize the keyboard, but when I tried to pair, it didn't give me a code to enter. I rolled back the update and then re-updated and it worked. That was a few weeks ago. Now, keyboard stopped working again. I had to disconnect it and then pair it again, but now it only works when plugged in. On battery it disconnects. Any ideas?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links