Thread: Windows 10 on the T100 general chit chat thread

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    Eventually, it should be but right now it's a Beta... The release right now is just a Technical Preview, pretty much like a early developers preview intended to get feedback to help further develop it and is not intended for general use yet... This is why the monthly updates are mandatory and it has plenty of options for users to provide feedback, along with MS basically monitoring your usage of the Preview to see where they should concentrate their development...

So, you can try it out but don't make it your work OS quite yet... Like any Beta, a lot of features are still experimental... Like the command prompt Ctrl+v paste command option has to be enabled first, etc. and so it can be buggy and unpredictable right now...

Besides, this version is primarily targeting desktop and Enterprise users first and the general consumer version isn't suppose to be out till around February of the 2015... Though, the 8.1 drivers should work for it right now but it's not yet geared to fully support tablets yet... Final version will be adaptive and can optimize itself for either desktop or tablet usages, as well as switch for 2 in 1 devices as well...
    i'm actually using it on my non tablet laptop right now and it's working beautifully. true all i have done with it is surf the internet and use a secondary monitor. i haven't put it through it's paces with installing software and other things like that make problems.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    it's working fine as my work computer because my work is 100% online. i'm not going to say much about it because it's not windows 10 on a t100ta.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Can't boot windows 10 from keyboard dock please help

i followed this guide to install windows 10 preview to a partition of the keyboard dock
    How To Install Windows 7 On USB Flash Drive or External Hard Drive

everything went fine as far as running the batch file goes but while trying to boot from the keyboard dock i just get dumped back at the regular windows 8 boot loader i tried disabling secure boot but to no avail any help would be greatly appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Admins... please create a forum for "T100 and Windows 10". Thank you.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Guys, quick warning:
    I installed the newest Technical preview, it went fine. but then the windows update wanted to install an update for the new version
    I allowed it to happened and after the restart the PC couldn't load at all and couldn't boot to recovery menu and after showing Blue Error screen would only Boot to BIOS.
    after 15 minutes of stress I was finally able to enter recovery after disabling Secure Boot in the BIOS and using RESET PC ..
    So.. Be careful.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Shlomi245 for sharing, the same thing happened to me. I tried to just uninstall just the Windows Updates, but the only option that worked was to "Reset your PC", but that got rid of everything However it seems I am unable to disable Windows Update for now, it just reads that "some settings are managed by your system administrator".

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    i have two computers with windows 10 installed. my laptop that was originally a windows 7 machine and my transformer t100. earlier today microsoft suddenly said on my laptop that it needed to install windows technical preview. i assumed it meant to install a new version. the length of time it took to install seemed to confirm that. at the last second i got a blue screen of death immediately followed by the screen saying reinstalling previous version of windows. after even more time i get a message after windows finished loading saying that the installation of a new version failed so the previous version was restored. nothing has happened since then.

as for my t100 i never saw anything but when i tried to turn it on about an hour ago i got the "one minute setting things up" message like when the installation is working for the last step. i don't know if it installed the update while in sleep mode. if it did then this version worked. but then an earlier post said it worked for them and the problem happened when a update installed. i'm thinking maybe i should restore windows 8.1 on the t100 while i still can. if there was any changes between 8.1 and 10 it wasn't anything beneficial. both computers seemed to work better at first when windows 10 was installed but after only a few days both computers are just as problematic as they were in their previous windows.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    well.. it appears that the 9860 build of the Preview is toxic and can't load normally.. the best I was able to do was to get into Safe Mode but I couldn't fix anything from there.
    Anyone had any luck? or knows what the cause of the BSOD's?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    if there was any changes between 8.1 and 10 it wasn't anything beneficial. both computers seemed to work better at first when windows 10 was installed but after only a few days both computers are just as problematic as they were in their previous windows.
    @theimortal1974... so, I know from your posting history here, that you've had ongoing unresolved complaints with your stock T100, so you switched to a beta of Windows 10 and still have problems... why am I not surprised? No offense intended, just stating facts.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Any help or suggestions guys? i'd like to test windows 10 preview without having to compromise my main windows 8 installation.

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links