Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How to install a new Windows on T100 ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

How to install a new Windows on T100 ?

I cant start from USB possibly because TPM is active by default? Can hit the boot menu via volume down key and chosse my usb drive..but it of course does not start from usb cause of tpm..

I also can see that win 8.1 has the option to give me a recovery key for bitlocker !!

So TPM and bitlocker is active by default ????

How can is start from USB and install Win7 oder abother Version of Win 8.1 then? I cant disable bitlocker cause its some sort of home version of win 8,1 asus uses..no options like in win ultimate or enterprise..

also when i run the tpm console /snap-in i must enter a owner password...i of course dont have it only asus have this cause tpm is ON!

so how to turn off bitlocker and tpm and / or install a new OS?
    Last edited by garack; 08-06-2014 at 05:46 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    The recovery key is through Windows bitlocker key website. It does not have bitlocker enabled. It is simply the key used to perform a factory restore (because it is the pre-login environment, so they want to ensure you aren't someone who happened to steal it). Just go to their website, enter your MS live account info and it'll tell you the key for your device.

There is encryption, not not bitlocker with the home edition.

You cannot install Windows 7. It does not support 32-bit UEFI that the T100 has. Plus none of the drivers would work or exist for Windows 7/8.
    leeshor likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    hey, a 64 bit windows 8.1 is installed here on my t-100, why you said 32 bit uefi?

what did you mean i have no MS live account ??

And how can in boot USB Stick in general??? How can i boot up Win Dart or other repair tools like Win 8 PE ? I managed to turn off bitlocker via Console, i have disabled secure boot, theres no option in bios for CSM...So how to boot another full version windows 8.1 ultimate from usb and format this one ?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    The UEFI (BIOS) is 32-bit on the T100. Windows 7 does not support 32-bit UEFI, it ONLY supports 64-bit UEFI.

Windows 8 and 8.1 do not have that restriction and support both 32-bit and 64-bit UEFIs.

So you cannot install Windows 7 on the T100, ignoring the fact that pretty much nothing on the T100 would have drivers for Windows 7.

You should be able to enable USB booting in the BIOS/UEFI. I know I can in mine.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Oh, also you mean you have no MS live account? Did you do offline setup of your T100? Because if you did it while connected to the internet, you'd have to of created a microsoft live account for your windows login.

It only allows you to create a local account if it cannot reach the internet (you can of course switch to or create a local account later and then delete the live account on the machine, but you'll still have a live account out in the ether. Not sure how it'll behave if you only ever created a local account).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    ok i can now boot from usb msdart 8.1 i used the wrong 64 bit version 32 bit works.

now another problem. i disabled bitlocker with manage-bde -off

but i cant re enable it, this version does not support biltocker cmd says...but it was enabled by default (thanks to microsoft and opt out would be nicer)..so how to re enable bitloker?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garack View Post
    ok i can now boot from usb msdart 8.1 i used the wrong 64 bit version 32 bit works.

now another problem. i disabled bitlocker with manage-bde -off

but i cant re enable it, this version does not support biltocker cmd says...but it was enabled by default (thanks to microsoft and opt out would be nicer)..so how to re enable bitloker?
    Did you install Windows 8.1 Pro? Non-Pro Windows 8.1 has a limited version of Bitlocker where it encrypts the entire device if the computer supports it (the T100 does). A quick google search gave me this: Help protect your files with device encryption - Windows Help

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    I did not install any OS. its the pre-installed OS that comes with the t100. And it has Bitlocker enabled when you buy it (bad for customers who dont know this). You can disable it, but how to re-enable it?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    10 times
    I did not install any OS. its the pre-installed OS that comes with the t100. And it has Bitlocker enabled when you buy it (bad for customers who dont know this). You can disable it, but how to re-enable it?
    Then it would be the Non-Pro Windows 8.1. The link in my previous post is how you can re-enable BitLocker.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, could you pls write step by step how to disable BitLocker because I can't install WIMBoot becasue of that!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links