Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    905 times

Update Fails on Rooted DroidX

My DX keeps pestering me to update to Gingerbread...I'm still Froyo! Of course it fails because I'm rooted. How can I tell it to stop bugging me? I wouldn't mind getting Gingerbread, if there was an easy way of doing it! Also, I'm tempted to unroot...kind'f sorry I did it! To unroot, do I just go back to factory specs, and then try reinstall the apps I want from MyApps in the Market?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Download MyBackup Pro or Titanium Pro with and freeze the updater and and upgrader in the system apps. That will stop the update nags. And if you used the 1-click method of root just unroot and root access will be gone as well as SU. No need to do anything else. Are you trying to stay on Froyo or do you want to update to GB??? If you want GB when you unroot the update should take. That is unless you have made any other changes.

Also be sure to check out our sister forum. The best Droid X forum on the net. Droid X Forum

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    905 times
    If you want GB when you unroot the update should take. That is unless you have made any other changes. Also be sure to check out our sister forum. The best Droid X forum on the net. Droid X Forum
    That's my problem, I got rid of a lot of the bloatware apps. Wouldn't the factory reset bring them back? Actually, I did post it on DroidForums, but I really respect the advice I get here, and seem to understand it better. I've got Titanium Backup, couldn't find how to freeze updater.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    That's my problem, I got rid of a lot of the bloatware apps. Wouldn't the factory reset bring them back? Actually, I did post it on DroidForums, but I really respect the advice I get here, and seem to understand it better. I've got Titanium Backup, couldn't find how to freeze updater.

You need to either reinstall the bloatware or do a full SBF back to 2.3.340. After SBF you will be bone out of the box stock. Droid forums is also one of our sister forums. That is where alot of us started and where DXF branched off of. It is a device specific forum just like this one. You will find the most thorough and precise info and help over on Droid X Forums. Our RS team is top-notch.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links