Thread: Feeling anxious and lonely during this Covid19 outbreak

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    255 times
    No, it's not. Around 50000 weak or sick elderly persons in Norway have been vaccinated by now (the entire population of nursing and treatment homes), a bit less when that report came, but a lot of people had been vaccinated already. Of those vaccinated 13 died relatively shortly after. The thing is, though, that between 300 and 400 people living in Norwegian nursing homes *die every week* under normal conditions. In other words, it's impossible from the numbers alone to make any connection to the vaccination. And even if it did, those who died were very sick people and people expected to die soon. In any event, it was decided to stop vaccinating people with very weak health (the vaccination, after all, is meant to introduce a slight fever, and possibly other side effects, as a natural reaction to stimulating the immune system to become immune against covid-19).

But the most important point is really that the numbers don't tell *anything* about the safety of the vaccine. There has been exactly one allergic reaction to the vaccine in Norway, and that's not dangerous because the vaccination team is prepared for that - an adrenalin injection fixes it.
    My elderly parents (still living at home but needing care) were vaccinated today and I'm extremely relieved. In a month's time (a week after the second injection) it's time to start breathing easier again.
    Last edited by Tor; 01-21-2021 at 06:11 AM.
    sculptedstylus likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    No, it's not. Around 50000 weak or sick elderly persons in Norway have been vaccinated by now (the entire population of nursing and treatment homes), a bit less when that report came, but a lot of people had been vaccinated already. Of those vaccinated 13 died relatively shortly after. The thing is, though, that between 300 and 400 people living in Norwegian nursing homes *die every week* under normal conditions. In other words, it's impossible from the numbers alone to make any connection to the vaccination. And even if it did, those who died were very sick people and people expected to die soon. In any event, it was decided to stop vaccinating people with very weak health (the vaccination, after all, is meant to introduce a slight fever, and possibly other side effects, as a natural reaction to stimulating the immune system to become immune against covid-19).

But the most important point is really that the numbers don't tell *anything* about the safety of the vaccine. There has been exactly one allergic reaction to the vaccine in Norway, and that's not dangerous because the vaccination team is prepared for that - an adrenalin injection fixes it.
    My elderly parents (still living at home but needing care) were vaccinated today and I'm extremely relieved. In a month's time (a week after the second injection) it's time to start breathing easier again.
    I was about to ask what is the confirmation of those deaths. So prior to the vaccine, a number of elderly are already dying, and which are non covid related? So what ignited the news that it is caused by the vaccine?

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    255 times
    Nobody stated that it was caused by the vaccine. All the original news simply reported that some of those who had taken the vaccine had later died (and then went on describing theiir health situation). The same news also said that a connection to the vaccine could not be made (re. the earlier numbers I gave), but also that it couldn't be disproved either - there's simply no way to tell under those circumstances.
    What happened with the news after that I don't know. I'm not the least surprised if some zero-IQ writers took that and turned it on its head, making it out like the vaccine *caused* the deaths. "50000 people are swimming in the ocean. A great many of them have received a vaccine. 13 drowned. Clearly they drowned because they got the vaccine.".. (never mind all those others who drowned and keep drowning)

EditUpdate: I went through the detailed numbers (international public report), and if anything it looks like those who were vaccinated were way better off than those *not* vaccinated - for dying of whatever ailed them. 3/4 or more of the elderly patients had been vaccinated (the first dose), and somewhere between 500 and 700 died over two weeks, as is always the case (as I mentioned above, 300 to 400 people living in nursery homes in Norway die every week, the nursery home population is old and often sick) but only a handful of the deaths included vaccinated people. As the majority had already received one dose of the vaccine the numbers should have been totally different. The number of vaccinated people who died from non-Covid issues should have been in the hundreds, but they were more than a magnitude lower. The minority which hadn't yet been vaccinated totally dominated the group of people who died from natural causes during that period. Now *that* would have been news-worthy. Instead people reading FB and the like completely missed the point.
    Last edited by Tor; 02-09-2021 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Added update

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links