Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Converting a business process and check off sheets to an Android application

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Smile Converting a business process and check off sheets to an Android application

How can one convert a business process which includes check off sheets to an Android application for use by a tablet or smartphone? We have a business process which arrives at a recommended solution based on simple questions and answers, sort of like the "Web MD" concept. Researching options on how to do that but technically challenged. 1) What is the best, and, easiest way to write an application to perform the biz process noted above. 2) What are some estimates of time, money, level of experience required based on a small size process? 3) Who would (could) be the host of the function? 4) Is SharePoint an option that is compatible with the AOS?

Thanks, VR/Ghost

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I don't want to throw cold water on your plan, (which I admit I don't fully understand) but it would seem from what I do understand that it would be easier to write a WEB app and have people access it via a browser.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok, am tech challenged, so, when you recommend writing a web application, presume it could be accessed from any smartphone but someone would have to host it? Why web vice android app? Is it cheaper? Who would that have to host, what would it cost in terms of adminitstartion, and if only wanted a limited target audience, how would we limit access?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyA_Ghost View Post
    Ok, am tech challenged, so, when you recommend writing a web application, presume it could be accessed from any smartphone but someone would have to host it? Why web vice android app? Is it cheaper? Who would that have to host, what would it cost in terms of adminitstartion, and if only wanted a limited target audience, how would we limit access?
    All of those questions are good but the answers aren't easy. Hosting can be really cheap, but writing the app may not be but I can't say how much it would cost. Keep in mind I haven't actually seen the framework for what you are proposing, however, if it was on the WEB it would also be accessible by Apple users, Windows users and Android.

I'm not suggesting that what you wanted to do is wrong in any way because I still don't fully understand. I was just throwing out an alternative.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Understand. I don't know what is wrong or right so am trying to understand so can lay out my options to compare key needs.

Thanks, VR/Tommy

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    10 times
    Not sure it is what you are looking for but if you are using a Chrome browser check out the "Form builder" App.
    TommyA_Ghost likes this.
    Asus Transformer TF101, Commtiva N700 (cheap but good), Samsung Galaxy SII

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    You could host the WEB app on an internal LAN/WAN/Intranet. That would make it accessible to only your employees.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    I don't want to throw cold water on your plan, (which I admit I don't fully understand) but it would seem from what I do understand that it would be easier to write a WEB app and have people access it via a browser.
    This was what came to mind while reading the OP. If it's just a simply a ton of conditionals. You can probably call your local computer college and let some students make the web application for you as part of their trimester term =P
    TommyA_Ghost likes this.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Moved from tf101 general to off topic

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    If you're tech challenged, why not make a fillable pdf with boxes that can be checked and unchecked? The pdf will be hosted by some server and linked to so that people can download whenever and just check the boxes.

Edit.

I'm still having trouble understanding what exactly you wanted.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links