Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times

NetZero launches '4G' wireless service,

I saw the "NetZero launches '4G' wireless (broadband) service" ad on TV last night and I wonder would this ZetZero "STICK" work with my Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101-B1 - Android version 4.0.3 - Bluetooth version V8.28 - WiFi version V6.1.1.21? Build Number IML74K US_epad-9.2.1.17-20120312

Since I am a novice as far as computers go, I don't know anything about this ZetZero wireless service.

Would anyone know? I believe they also have a 'free' version.

How can I tell if my Asus is "ice cream sandwich?" What is that anyway?
    Last edited by alicez; 03-29-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    27 times
    i saw an article last week reported that their base service is being offered for free for a year and no contract only need to get the stick but as for working with the prime sorry can't help with that one.
    Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does. -Douglas Adams-

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    486 times
    I think you'd need the hot spot which is $99.00 and the free part is very limited.

Free, $0, 200MB (limited to Lightspeed and limited to one year)
    Basic, $9.95, 500MB (limited to Lightspeed)
    Plus, $19.95, 1GB
    Pro, $34.95, 2GB
    Platinum, $49.95, 4GB

Read all about it...HERE

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    If you haven't already, you'll also want to check to see if their available in your area. Coverage looks pretty limited. I checked the other night and they weren't available here.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    I thought all you needed was the "stick?"
    Also, whether it would work with the Asus Transformer?
    Also, I didn't think you need to pay $99 for wi-fi service also.

Does anyone have an answer about my "Ice Cream Sandwich" question? Do I have it? What is it?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alicez View Post
    I thought all you needed was the "stick?"
    Does anyone have an answer about my "Ice Cream Sandwich" question? Do I have it? What is it?
    Look in your freezer. It's a frozen treat that will add meat to your hips. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

edit: google 'Android what is Ice Cream Sandwich'. It will show in your settings as version 4.x.x.x
    Last edited by blue666; 03-29-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    998 times
    Moved to Off Topic

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    NETZERO is still around?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    The hardest part of the zombie apocalypse will be pretending I am not excited

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    27 times
    what i am wondering is with last weeks update allowing a usb wired network connection if a netzero usb device, not the hotspot, but a usb device would now work. before that update even i was skeptical but now not so much. they don't have service where i live either but when traveling to urban areas that is where it would be useful(the base package is free which is a draw for me) and they have coverage in most large urban areas. tried calling one of their reps today, a guy who sounded like a used car salesman so to speak. then he kept saying i needed a "full" operating system? tried to explain to him that i have the most recent android os, ics on a tablet, not a phone, then he told me as i didn't have usb it wouldn't work, except i do w/the dock but he still just didn't get it telling me my "phone" would have to have a hotspot. i gave up trying to explain yet again that the prime is NOT a phone, i have a usb connection, so at that point i just ended the call. if others here have additional thoughts, info it would be good to hear about and from someone who knows the difference between a phone, a tablet and that all mobile devices are not the same. that said, based on this one contact with netzero even if free to use and try out the thought of dealing with people like that is enough to make me steer clear regardless. but as for the usb and wifi/3g it would be good to know especially if other providers come out with similar hardware. thanks
    Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does. -Douglas Adams-

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenzinbfe View Post
    what i am wondering is with last weeks update allowing a usb wired network connection if a netzero usb device, not the hotspot, but a usb device would now work. before that update even i was skeptical but now not so much. they don't have service where i live either but when traveling to urban areas that is where it would be useful(the base package is free which is a draw for me) and they have coverage in most large urban areas. tried calling one of their reps today, a guy who sounded like a used car salesman so to speak. then he kept saying i needed a "full" operating system? tried to explain to him that i have the most recent android os, ics on a tablet, not a phone, then he told me as i didn't have usb it wouldn't work, except i do w/the dock but he still just didn't get it telling me my "phone" would have to have a hotspot. i gave up trying to explain yet again that the prime is NOT a phone, i have a usb connection, so at that point i just ended the call. if others here have additional thoughts, info it would be good to hear about and from someone who knows the difference between a phone, a tablet and that all mobile devices are not the same. that said, based on this one contact with netzero even if free to use and try out the thought of dealing with people like that is enough to make me steer clear regardless. but as for the usb and wifi/3g it would be good to know especially if other providers come out with similar hardware. thanks
    Pretty sure that the Netzero usb wireless will not work ... you would need the Hotspot device for $99. Ethernet to usb has been working all along, so not sure what the recent update really did (other than allowing adhoc networks again). Have read about a number of users trying different usb wireless devices ... not one has worked that I know of.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads