Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got the NetZero Hotspot and free data plan. I'd mistakenly been told by a NetZero agent when I first signed up on 3/23 that I could use the 4G Stick on the Transformer Prime because it has full USB port on the dock, even after I'd explained it has an Android OS (NZ website says the Stick requires Windows or Mac). I was happy to get half the price of the hotspot. When the Stick arrived, with software, I called again and was told that now I needed a thumb drive to install the software. I again waited, never received the thumb drive, called again and was told that even with the thumb drive, the Stick wouldn't work on my device, and I should get the Hotspot. Well, I got the Hotspot 2 days ago,connected it up fine, but when tried to go on the Internet, it keeps sticking on the NetZero welcome page. Yet again I called NetZero, was told that NZ tech support people "are not trained in tablets"(!), that I should check my browser configuration.

Can anyone help here? I'm a newbie in all tech areas, have been self-teaching ever since my first computer in 1999 (I'm now 65 and the most advanced tech when I was in high school was the slide rule). I need a little bit of connectivity in my nearby office (self-employed) and NetZero seemed to fit the bill; don't want to pay the data charges of the big carriers, don't need much data. I'm in a strong NZ coverage area, so that's not the problem.

Frustrated!!!
    Thanks for any help/suggestions!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    This may sound too simple to work but worth mentioning. Check to make sure your browser isn't blocking a popup page from NZ. I have seen people with new tablets trying to connect to wifi hotspots and unable to because the popup/redirect gets blocked by the default browser security settings. Without knowing which browser you're using, hard to say for sure but I figured worth mentioning. Especially since I have a vested interest in whether your NZ device works with the TFP or not.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog View Post
    I just got the NetZero Hotspot and free data plan. I'd mistakenly been told by a NetZero agent when I first signed up on 3/23 that I could use the 4G Stick on the Transformer Prime because it has full USB port on the dock, even after I'd explained it has an Android OS (NZ website says the Stick requires Windows or Mac). I was happy to get half the price of the hotspot. When the Stick arrived, with software, I called again and was told that now I needed a thumb drive to install the software. I again waited, never received the thumb drive, called again and was told that even with the thumb drive, the Stick wouldn't work on my device, and I should get the Hotspot. Well, I got the Hotspot 2 days ago,connected it up fine, but when tried to go on the Internet, it keeps sticking on the NetZero welcome page. Yet again I called NetZero, was told that NZ tech support people "are not trained in tablets"(!), that I should check my browser configuration.

Can anyone help here? I'm a newbie in all tech areas, have been self-teaching ever since my first computer in 1999 (I'm now 65 and the most advanced tech when I was in high school was the slide rule). I need a little bit of connectivity in my nearby office (self-employed) and NetZero seemed to fit the bill; don't want to pay the data charges of the big carriers, don't need much data. I'm in a strong NZ coverage area, so that's not the problem.

Frustrated!!!
    Thanks for any help/suggestions!
    I was thinking of getting the NZ "stick" but was turned off somewhat by the $20 cost for the postage on the $49 "stick." Then I received a few conflicting replies from NZ about whether the "stick" would work with my TF-101, since it did not have a USB port. I do have the docking station and that has 2 USB ports and I wonder if the "stick" would work with one of those USB prots?
    I have an Elocity tablet and NZ said the "stick" would work with that because it does have a USB port, but as I said the $20 postage charge was a bit high for me and was 1/2 the cost of the "stick." I think NZ might say anything to sell the product and that is why I held off getting the "stick" even though it was an enticing offer with the fee one year service.
    I wonder if anyone else with the docking station has tried the NZ "stick" and has any luck or comments.
    I am still holding off purchasing because of the "poor" NZ tech help and of course, the $20 postage for the "stick."

(NZ said they charge $20 because they send it priority mail. I told them I sent a three pound Priority mail pack to Texas for just $11.00, with insurance and delivery confirm included. Never heard back from NZ.)

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    Thought someone might find the following of some interest regarding NetZero 4G requirements:

NetZero 4G Mobile Broadband- 4G Mobile Broadband, DSL, Dial-Up, Free Email

From this article, it would seem that the NZ "stick" will not work with the Asus TF 101, since it requires Windows XP or Vista.
    I wonder if anyone has gotten NZ to work with their TF?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads