Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: problem with ereader

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

problem with ereader

I am new to the android OS & TF101 I have lost my ereader can anybody help. it was running fine then would not download a PDF book from my local library

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    have you tried other e readers from the market? we have reports of others having difficulties using my library.
    HTC Desire HD running on 2.3.3
    Asus EEE Pad Transformer with Keyoard Dock on 3.2.1
    Clone Quad Core Desktop (Win 7 64bit)/ Acer Aspire 4736 (Win7 32bit)

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boothcam View Post
    I am new to the android OS & TF101 I have lost my ereader can anybody help. it was running fine then would not download a PDF book from my local library
    And if you could give us a little more information as to what has actually happened in greater detail, we might be able to offer more help in turn. And welcome to the forum.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thank you for your welcome. I have no idea what happened, it was working fine one day the not the next, however, just before that my son in law downloaded Mobo Player so I could watch movies, maybe something changed there. He is the whizz not me
    Correct me if I am wrong. I am thinking that problems like this should come under warranty ???

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Sorry, but you are still not being clear. Have you lost the app, lost the icon, the app doesn't work when you load it, you can read some books but not others... what?

Just saying what you have doesn't explain what your problem actually is. Warranty may or may not cover whatever it is that has or hasn't happened. It may be a very simple thing that is easily resolved by you.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Sorry, will try to explain. The icon is still there & I can download & read ePUB. When I go on line at my local library there are no PDF books displayed as they are not recognised (they were before this happened). I can download PDF's on to my PC, transfer the file across to myTF101 & it just sits there & will not open. The app My Library is pre-installed, & advertised as a feature, that is why I think it may be a warranty job???
    Thanks for being patient with me.
    markjeff likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Sorry, will try to explain. The icon is still there & I can download & read ePUB. When I go on line at my local library there are no PDF books displayed as they are not recognised (they were before this happened). I can download PDF's on to my PC, transfer the file across to myTF101 & it just sits there & will not open. The app My Library is pre-installed, & advertised as a feature, that is why I think it may be a warranty job???
    Thanks for being patient with me.
    OK. Thanks for that. Try opening the pdf on your pc. If it will open on your pc, then we know it is ok there.

Next, switch your tf off & then turn it on again. Try the pdf again. If it doesn't work, try deleting the copy on your tf & copying it again in case it got corrupted in the original file transfer. If it still doesn't open then it sounds to me that you have a problem with DRM. (digital rights management). Books that have a monetary value are usually tagged with drm to stop pirating and unauthorised distribution. Have a look in the settings of My Library to see if you can find a setting for it.

Now, here is the next step. It is worth you doing a little bit of stepping out of your comfort zone to find out a little more just what your tf can do. I suggest you go to the android market and look for adobe reader. It is a free app that will allow you to read pdf files. It was created by the company that invented pdfs. When you have installed it, try opening the pdf that you have copied across from your pc and let us know if it works.

If it doesn't there are other things we can try. However, I should pre-warn you that My Library isn't really very good and there are other free alternatives that are much, much better. We can cross that bridge later on though.

Finally, well done for trying something new. I am guessing that you are not in the "first flush of youth". Don't worry, you are not on your own.

Oh, it doesn't sound like this is a warranty issue to me. So you can put your mind at rest there.
    boothcam likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi janner43 How is Devon glorious Devon? I may pass through next year. Thank you for your information. I have tried everything you suggested, all to no avail. I have checked the latest update & I have that. I have done a factory reset. Also several complete shut downs

Adobe reader works fine. There does not appear to be an Adobe Digital Editions available for The transformer.

I have tried a couple of so called e-readers who just seem intent on selling me their books. I am going to ring the service center tomorrow & see what the have to say. The service center is not far away from me.

You are right about not being in the first flush of youth, although I think I am in my 5th childhood.

I will master it eventually. Just on another subject I noted some reference to GPS. Is it available on this model?

Thanks once again for your help

Have a great day

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Hi janner43 How is Devon glorious Devon? I may pass through next year. Thank you for your information. I have tried everything you suggested, all to no avail. I have checked the latest update & I have that. I have done a factory reset. Also several complete shut downs

Adobe reader works fine. There does not appear to be an Adobe Digital Editions available for The transformer.

I have tried a couple of so called e-readers who just seem intent on selling me their books. I am going to ring the service center tomorrow & see what the have to say. The service center is not far away from me.

You are right about not being in the first flush of youth, although I think I am in my 5th childhood.

I will master it eventually. Just on another subject I noted some reference to GPS. Is it available on this model?

Thanks once again for your help

Have a great day
    G'day mate! Devon is fine and sunny today - unseasonally so, actually.
    If you do travel - its a LONG way from Oz.

Sorry to hear that things aren't working for you, but glad that Adobe Reader has proved useful. Here is some good news. There is a free e-reader app available that is very highly regarded, so much so that for many people it is their ereading app of choice - including me!

It is called ALDIKO and it does support Adobe DRM. It is available from the market as a free download and I know that at least one other "silver surfer" has used it succesfully for what you have discussed! So that is worth a look.

When you have downloaded it, tap the menu icon at the bottom of the screen (several horizontal lines stacked on top of each other), then settings. Adobe DRM is the top option it will allow you to enter your details there & you should be good to go.

On the subject of GPS, yes it is present on the tf - it works automatically when an app requires it, like Google Maps, or the location / weather widget that many of us use on the homescreen.

Look forward to hearing how you get on.
    boothcam likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for that. I have contacted Service & the told me to Hold the down vol key down then the up vol key. Held them down for ages nothing happened, so, now I am going to arrange for them to have a look at it. Will let you know how I get on. Just working on a plan for UK visit as we come from up NORF Teesside to be exact

I will try the reader as you suggest when I have been to the service center Regards

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links