Thread: In search of a tablet - new member

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    0 times

In search of a tablet - new member

I have narrowed my focus of a tablet purchase to the TF Prime. I do have a few questions. I know that these will seem elementary to most of you so, please take it easy on me...

1.) I know nothing of the HDMI interface - can I xfer and play music files over this connection?
    2.) I have a ratrher large library of music that currently resides on a Mac in the AIFF format, these have all been imported from CD's that I have purchased. Will I be able to move the files around and play them on this device? I currently load the files to a microsd card to use on my HTC Sensation using the PowerAmp app.
    3.) Can I concurrently run my Google account on both the mobile phone and the TF device?
    4.) Will the apps that I have purchased from the Market/Play store be transferrable to the TF?
    5.) I use the Citrix server at work; I would like to use the TF as a second machine for work purposes. I have seen that the Citrix app is available for mobile devices, does this include the tablet?
    6.) How much trouble should I expect with running all Mac devices at home and the integration of the TF into that world. At this point, my main concern is music file compatibility.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Cheers.

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    244 times
    Quote Originally Posted by omsbsd View Post
    I have narrowed my focus of a tablet purchase to the TF Prime. I do have a few questions. I know that these will seem elementary to most of you so, please take it easy on me...

1.) I know nothing of the HDMI interface - can I xfer and play music files over this connection?
    2.) I have a ratrher large library of music that currently resides on a Mac in the AIFF format, these have all been imported from CD's that I have purchased. Will I be able to move the files around and play them on this device? I currently load the files to a microsd card to use on my HTC Sensation using the PowerAmp app.
    3.) Can I concurrently run my Google account on both the mobile phone and the TF device?
    4.) Will the apps that I have purchased from the Market/Play store be transferrable to the TF?
    5.) I use the Citrix server at work; I would like to use the TF as a second machine for work purposes. I have seen that the Citrix app is available for mobile devices, does this include the tablet?
    6.) How much trouble should I expect with running all Mac devices at home and the integration of the TF into that world. At this point, my main concern is music file compatibility.
    1 HDMI lets you connect the tablet to a TV or monitor with an HDMI interface. Movies etc. will then play (whith sound) on the TV/monitor. You can't use HDMI as a generic transfer interface.
    2 Probably yes. There are tons of music players for Android, and at least one of them (Power<something>) lists AIFF as a supported format. Otherwise there's always the option of (on the Mac or a PC) converting to another format.
    3 Yes.
    4 Yes
    5 Don't know
    6 For music, OK I think, for the rest - it depends on what you want to do. I connect to a *nix box with a VNC server on the *nix box and a VNC client on the tablet. Then I can 'log in ' and run applications as if I were on the *nix box. Just to take one use case.

But TF Prime? Transformer Prime? The TF201? It's a 7 year old device, out of market for years, and those who purchased them (including myself) have moved along several times since that.
    ajdstrider likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links