Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mickeylittle

Thread: Hi everyone! Got a TF101, and might get another!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Hi everyone! Got a TF101, and might get another!

Hey all! I bought this for my wife on Sunday. I spent some time debating on if a pad would suit her needs, or if we needed another laptop. After getting this home, playing with it for a while, I decided to get down and dirty to decide if it will do all I need. Needless to say, I'm quite happy with her new device, and may need to get one for myself! We got it printing to our shared printer, sharing Office documents, we setup a dropbox account, so I can get the data on the go, This thing is quite nice, and alot lighter than the laptop!!
    The only drawback I've found so far is that my spreadsheets with vba macros don't work (the buttons don't appear) in Polaris Office. I also haven't tried to save that spreadsheet for fear of losing my automation... Other than that small issue, we've been having a blast with this thing!!!

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Welcome.

Being a 2-Transformer family would be a neat distinction indeed.

For your spreadsheets - DocsToGo (the paid version for $14.99) is more robust and perhaps will satisfy you more.

You'll find this site has alot of great information and resources to help you maximize your Transformer user experience. Plenty of folks here can help with questions if you have them as well.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Welcome to the forum and when saving the document in question just add a number to the end of it so that if doesn't do good and you send it back to your PC, it won't affect the original file.
    Jeffrey likes this.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Welcome to the Forum.. Looks like you have a good handle on your TF.. If you do have any questions.. Just let us know

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    If my wife continues to abscond with mine I will be in the same boat.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Welcome to the forum!!! My wife has my Acer A500 so I don't have to worry about her bothering my TF. But a two TF household would be cool.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    If my wife continues to abscond with mine I will be in the same boat.
    You have to be tough like me! You'd never catch ME letting my wife take over MY Transformer! I would never let her take the TF on a trip out of the country for 6 weeks. Or bring it back drenched from a monsoon! Ummmm...it was ummm....my twin brother!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Howto Print

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    Hey all! I bought this for my wife on Sunday. I spent some time debating on if a pad would suit her needs, or if we needed another laptop. After getting this home, playing with it for a while, I decided to get down and dirty to decide if it will do all I need. Needless to say, I'm quite happy with her new device, and may need to get one for myself! We got it printing to our shared printer, sharing Office documents, we setup a dropbox account, so I can get the data on the go, This thing is quite nice, and alot lighter than the laptop!!
    The only drawback I've found so far is that my spreadsheets with vba macros don't work (the buttons don't appear) in Polaris Office. I also haven't tried to save that spreadsheet for fear of losing my automation... Other than that small issue, we've been having a blast with this thing!!!
    Hi. I'd be most grateful if you could spare a minute and let me know how you can set up a USB printer on the TF101? I have not seen a mention about being able to do this, except in your above mail! It must be possible.....!
    Many thanks.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leckers24 View Post
    Hi. I'd be most grateful if you could spare a minute and let me know how you can set up a USB printer on the TF101? I have not seen a mention about being able to do this, except in your above mail! It must be possible.....!
    Many thanks.
    It's not likely that you will be able to attach any USB printer directly to your Transformer. If the printer is on your network there are lots of apps on the Android Market that will let you print to them. Checkout PrintShare and Printbot. There are also specific apps for some printers like Epson and HP.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    It's not likely that you will be able to attach any USB printer directly to your Transformer. If the printer is on your network there are lots of apps on the Android Market that will let you print to them. Checkout PrintShare and Printbot. There are also specific apps for some printers like Epson and HP.
    Canon has a free App as well - only that it allows for photos and PDF files to be printed - it also allows to scan using the Canon MP560 - scanner+printer that I have. I have to get to it using the Wi-Fi network as the printer is also on the Wi-Fi network.
    VLBaindoor

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links