Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Cool Hello, welcome to me.

Greets.

Joined because this looks like the place to be for information on Asus Transformers.

I picked up an Asus T100TA 64GB Windows 8.1 model almost NiB a few weeks ago as my aging Netbook is showing signs of wear. It's been in service since 2009 with only a single HDD swap and a new battery every few years. Currently that unit is running lUbuntu and has mostly been relegated to backing up things and watching videos.

My original intent was to install some form of *nix on the Asus, and I still intend to do that. I have taken some time to explore the preinstalled Windows 8.1 setup and have some brief thoughts.

1) Windows 8.1 isn't ready for prime time where Tablets are concerned.
    2) I've grown very accustomed to my Droid experience and have found it odd to use Windows 8.1
    3) What in the world is going on with the Windows "Store" widget? Take some notes from Google.

Enough about me, thanks for taking the time to read my useless banter.

Regards.

DKL
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    32 times
    Welcome! I don't understand what you mean, as these concerns are very generally said and don't go into specifics at all. =/

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Apologies for the confusion. I was just throwing out a post to introduce myself to the community, as I assumed was general practice and is common on most other communities.

I didn't have a specific question I was looking to resolve as of yet.

Regards.

DKL
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    32 times
    Ah, I see. Okay, have a good time then!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Welcome Zym!

looks like you are an experienced user with portable devices like these and are looking for ways to make it a little better.
    If you take a look around the forum you will notice that Windows 10 is a very popular topic these days. There are multitudes of threads to cover every aspect of the upgrade process.

Seeing as how you are familiar with OS installs and *nix systems, if you plan to update to 10 it would be the opportune time for a fresh windows install. That we you can (if you'd prefer) format over the existing asus recovery and create a smaller microsoft one as well as remove some of the extra Asus software (although you can always get it back) to free up more space on your t100. Windows 10 gets a mixed reception from our members but there is always the option to return to your existing windows 8.1 installation (as long as you havent done a clean install yet).

I find Windows and android lend themselves to completely different use cases which is why I like to use both There is absolutely no way that microsoft can match google in the services and apps department. However the t100 for me makes a great companion to it's bigger brother laptop for on the go since I save everything to onedrive for access on both.

Hope you get some good use out of you new tab toy!

GY
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links